Author Topic: Another fake vet tells what caused forest fire in TX- probably a bouncy  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Why do I think DemoTex is a phony vet? He claims to be a forest ranger. A few months back, he was transferred to another duty station and because he was inexperienced, he wanted to know what kind of gun to buy for bear/wild animal protection while in the sticks.

His avatar is a Vietnam Service Medal.

DemoTex Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 10:50 PM
Original message
You will never - in a thousand years - guess the cause of our big fire today.

We have a big fire burning at Hole-In-The-Ground (a Maar volcano to
the southwest of me). We (the US Forest Service) have 12 units on the fire, including a
helicopter for bucket drops. Additionally, there are firefighters from the BLM, the Oregon Dept.
of Forestry, and a rural VFD.

The first fire crews to arrive at the fire witnessed ATVs speeding away
from the scene. A fire investigator intercepted those ATVers at their camp,
where they were rapidly packing to leave. He confronted the people and
they admitted to starting the fire. How did they start the fire (this is the absolutely
unbelievable part)? THEY WERE FIRING A 50-CAL WEAPON INTO
HOLE-IN-THE-GROUND! A 50-CAL! They had the weapon with them at their
camp (I don't yet know if it was a single-shot, automatic, or machine
gun).

"What is a 50-caliber?" you ask. It is basically what the VC and NVA
used to shoot down helicopters and low-flying airplanes in Vietnam.
  A
50-cal round can be several combinations of armor-piercing, explosive,
and/or incendiary (and, probably others).

What are idiots like this doing in our National Forest shooting an
anti-aircraft weapon? The only thing as stupid as setting the fire was
their admission - without an attorney present - that they set it. They
are now in a heap-o trouble, facing federal and state charges (and
liable for the entire cost of the firefighting operation).

[several pictures of smoke]

Wind changes everything​," wildland firefighte​rs say. A late afternoon windshift (from southeast to northwest)
and velocity increase played havoc with the Hole-In-Th​e-Ground fire. The fire jumped the fire line and the
firefighte​rs had to pull back. The wind made helicopter bucket drops impossible​.

The VC/NVA used 12/7mm. American forces used the 50 BMG. It seems like he should know this.

madinmaryland Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 10:52 PM
Response to Original message
2. Because the ****ing NRA believes that any asshole should be able to

shoot any ****ing weapon they want to where ever they ****ing want to.

**** them.

obama signed the law allowing firearms in National Forests. Take it up with him.

ThoughtCriminal Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 10:59 PM
7. But, but, but

Johm McCain told me illegal aliens were to blame! Not Elmer Fudds with 50-cals!

Different state.

alfredo Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 11:02 PM
9. The 50 cal is a bad assed weapon. I got to shoot one in the

Army. That was during basic. What the **** were they doing bringing that thing to a park? Stupid

Barrett makes several models that can be carried. The Ma Deuce is not a plinking weapon.

The Big Vetolski (56 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 11:13 PM
Response to Reply #9
16. Thanks for posting the picture. Maybe it will do something to

dispel the notion that .50 cals are just anti-aircraft weapons. They're also very potent anti-personnel and, for that matter, anti-light vehicle weapons as well. The bullets are about 6 inches long. One of the most ridiculous depictions of their use was in "Rambo," where Sylvester Stallone was firing one from his hip. Absurd! The recoil would knock any human being on his ass, which is why .50 cals are always mounted on something.

I got to shoot one once, too, in the Navy, at the Pacific Ocean. I'd never dream of firing one in a park. That's just nuts. That violates even the NRA's safety standards.

Another clueless DUmmy. Rambo used a M60, which is a 30 cal.

DemoTex Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 11:29 PM
Response to Reply #16
22. I just used anti-aircraft as an example (because of my intimate experience with 12.7mm)

Had the 12.7mm (50-cal) that ripped through my wing in 1970 exploded, as it was designed to do, I probably would not be posting here tonight. I was a lucky-ducky.

Whoops. He's a combat pilot. Who'd thunk it.

NickB79 (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 11:30 PM
Response to Reply #9
24. The chance they were firing a gun even remotely like your pic is slim

Unless they're freaking millionaires, as a legally owned gun like that would retail for close to 6 figures on the civilian market.

Dirty freeper troll.

madinmaryland Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 11:39 PM
Response to Reply #9
27. You can thank the NRA and their lackeys in the gungeon for legalizing that. nt

The gungeon is a section on the island that is populated by pro gun democrats(moles). Nice slam. Someone should alert Der Skimmer.

DemoTex Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 11:59 PM
Response to Reply #28
33. Truth be told, I broke down and bought a carbine for my wilderness situation.

I did not want to, but I was just too worried about Nick and the mountain lions out here (I spotted one on this butte in late May). I got a Marlin lever-action 44MAG short-barreled carbine. I hate the mofo. And, now that I have it, I feel that I really don't need it. But, as long as I'm doing these wilderness fire seasons, I'll keep it. Close by.

DemoTex Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jul-03-11 12:24 AM
34. BTW: My day began at 0220 AM with another fire

I did not even mention that. So my tail is dragging (as is my tale). A lost camper built a HUGH!! bonfire about 4 miles from my lookout. I got up at 2:20 to take care of nature and saw this bright orange glow at the base of Quartz Mountain. So I watched it - dozing off and on - until dawn. Then I had enough light and plenty of smoke to plot and report that fire. Our crew got in and extinguished the fire, then they led him three miles to his intended camp (with his buddies).

Ching-ching! Overtime! Maybe 17.5 hours today!

I wouldn't be surprised if DemoTex didn't start the fire.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
madinmaryland Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 10:52 PM
2. Because the ****ing NRA believes that any asshole should be able to

shoot any ****ing weapon they want to where ever they ****ing want to.

**** them.

TRANSLATION: trees > rights...so stop printing newspapers and books...especially Bibles and books about America!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Why do I think DemoTex is a phony vet? He claims to be a forest ranger. A few months back, he was transferred to another duty station and because he was inexperienced, he wanted to know what kind of gun to buy for bear/wild animal protection while in the sticks.

His avatar is a Vietnam Service Medal.

The VC/NVA used 12/7mm. American forces used the 50 BMG. It seems like he should know this.

obama signed the law allowing firearms in National Forests. Take it up with him.

Different state.

Barrett makes several models that can be carried. The Ma Deuce is not a plinking weapon.

Another clueless DUmmy. Rambo used a M60, which is a 30 cal.

Whoops. He's a combat pilot. Who'd thunk it.

Dirty freeper troll.

The gungeon is a section on the island that is populated by pro gun democrats(moles). Nice slam. Someone should alert Der Skimmer.

I wouldn't be surprised if DemoTex didn't start the fire.

Wait one minute here, was not the 50 caliber guns at one time called Buffalo Guns  ???

Perhaps a bunch of hungry people decided to bag a wild Buffalo and some how missed the game and started a fire.

The fact that the Buffalow hunters that killed millions in a few short years using 50 caliber guns and never burned down a few states is interesting.      :killemall: :killemall: :sarcasm:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Uh, question.

I really hate to question, but I must.

If the primitive was a pilot in 1970, how come he's still working, and not retired?

Nineteen-seventy was 41 years ago, and one assumes he had at least a couple of years of pilot-training under his belt when that happened with his airplane.  Surely the primitive would be at least 65 years old now, if not more.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

Uh, question.

If the primitive was a pilot in 1970, how come he's still working, and not retired?

Nineteen-seventy was 41 years ago, and one assumes he had at least a couple of years of pilot-training under his belt when that happened with his airplane.  Surely the primitive would be at least 65 years old now, if not more.

Damn Frank. I wondered that while I was reading it and came up with the same age.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

Wait one minute here, was not the 50 caliber guns at one time called Buffalo Guns  ???

Perhaps a bunch of hungry people decided to bag a wild Buffalo and some how missed the game and started a fire.

The fact that the Buffalow hunters that killed millions in a few short years using 50 caliber guns and never burned down a few states is interesting.      :killemall: :killemall: :sarcasm:

You're thinking cap and ball. That's a whole nuther animal. Think the guns at the Alamo.

Anyway. I think the Buffalo gun was a .62 Hawkin

Offline dutch508

• Remember
You're thinking cap and ball. That's a whole nuther animal. Think the guns at the Alamo.

Anyway. I think the Buffalo gun was a .62 Hawkin

Depending on who you talk to, the sharpe's .50 was thought of as the buffalo gun. But, but, but...as Frank says, there is more than one answer.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ScubaGuy

I love his pictures and I think he's for real. 

From what I can gather he lives in SC and travels to Oregon every year to work at a fire lookout.  He has SC Viet Nam veteran tags on the truck and does look to be in his later 60's.  Maybe he does it for the solitude or loves the high desert.

Nice pictures from the lookout

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Tucker

From what I can gather he lives in SC and travels to Oregon every year to work at a fire lookout.  He has SC Viet Nam veteran tags on the truck and does look to be in his later 60's.  Maybe he does it for the solitude or loves the high desert.

That profile can be created in 15 minutes.

I've read several of his threads. He doesn't know jack shit about guns and he should.

Remember that liberals lie.

Offline namvet

"What is a 50-caliber?" you ask. It is basically what the VC and NVA
used to shoot down helicopters and low-flying airplanes in Vietnam.

hmmm. I think maybe the AK-47 was their primary weapon. how they aquired the 50 I have no idea. they also used a cheap ass made machine gun made in Russia. don't remember the caliber but I remember seeing one. the PBR's came out to trade weapons for goodies we had on board. they gave this cheap weapon to our CO. it had a block of wood on the barrel and another one for the shoulder.

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline namvet

I have namvet plates on my truck. but I had to send the DMV something called a DD-214. did he???

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline Tucker

I have namvet plates on my truck. but I had to send the DMV something called a DD-214. did he???

That was my point about a fake profile. He could have taken a pic of your truck and claimed it as his own. How would anyone know?

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE

Looks legit to me, also. I did alot of shooting in the Grasslands in Wyoming over the past 18 months. Mostly .223/5.56, some .308/7.62 and a couple of times with (I presume) Barret Point 5-0. Never started no fires, tho.

The pics on his website were good enough for the enjoyment of the wilderness area. His use of the term "Wild Lands" tells me that the people he encountered on ATV's with a .50 Cal were within their rights, shooting into the crater. "Wild Lands" is the now perferred term for Forest Service lands not inside National Park boundaries which Zero and his enviro-minions want to put off limits for everyday use by citizens and place under the same rules as Parks (No Developement for natural resourse, grazing or casual use by the true owners : US!

Offline ScubaGuy

It looks like SC requires a DD-214 or other documentation for VV tags. Not knowing what the other documentation is, he could be a fake.

My opinion on his real status is just based on my gut feeling.  I certainly could be wrong and it wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong.

Posers like AnArmyVet, Monkeyman and Tit were obvious even before they made their big blunders and exposed themselves.  Remember  how AnArmyVet couldn't understand the  "God Bless the Troops (Especially the Snipers)" bumper sticker?

SC special plate requirements.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Uh, question.

DUmmy DemoTex was in the air wing of TiT's imaginary Seal Team.
He's a firearms expert who has never heard of a .50 caliber Barrett.
The only NVA weapon he's ever seen was a photo in a magazine, and it had Jane Fonda sitting on it.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
DemoTex Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 11:29 PM
Response to Reply #16
22. I just used anti-aircraft as an example (because of my intimate experience with 12.7mm)

Had the 12.7mm (50-cal) that ripped through my wing in 1970 exploded, as it was designed to do, I probably would not be posting here tonight. I was a lucky-ducky.

There are a few types of fifty projectiles.
None of them technically, are explosive.
I suspect a poser.
If demotex is reading this thread, perhaps he could supply us with his flight school class number.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Tucker

There are a few types of fifty projectiles.
None of them technically, are explosive.
I suspect a poser.
If demotex is reading this thread, perhaps he could supply us with his flight school class number.

50's don't have a charged projectile. They will light up a vehicle though.  :-)

Offline GOBUCKS

Bingo. I would wager that at least 99.998% of all .50 cal. weapons in this country are muzzleloaders used for deer, even if you count miliary weapons.
There are literally millions of us rednecks using them every year.
If you fire one after dark, especially if you've used 100 grains or more of black powder or Pyrodex, it looks like a flame thrower.
It would still be the slimmest of slim chances that it could ever start a brush fire.
DemoTex is a TiTtyboyish liar.

Offline Tess Anderson

Yes, I've noticed this particular tard before - he's ALWAYS posting nature pictures, I think he's some volunteer fireman.

DemoTex  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jul-03-11 12:24 AM
34. BTW: My day began at 0220 AM with another fire
 I did not even mention that. So my tail is dragging (as is my tale). A lost camper built a HUGH!! bonfire about 4 miles from my lookout. I got up at 2:20 to take care of nature and saw this bright orange glow at the base of Quartz Mountain. So I watched it - dozing off and on - until dawn. Then I had enough light and plenty of smoke to plot and report that fire. Our crew got in and extinguished the fire, then they led him three miles to his intended camp (with his buddies). Ching-ching! Overtime! Maybe 17.5 hours today!

But he has all time in the world to post to the DUmp. Check out his blog, full of pics of himself at that damned tower. 

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."

I noticed in his photos we have another DUmmie who supports his union brothers in Detroit by owning a truck made by Toyota.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline GOBUCKS

Ching-ching! Overtime! Maybe 17.5 hours today!

Surely a DUmbass smoking weed in a lookout tower all summer doesn't get overtime pay.
And why does such a job even exist?
You could have a half-dozen super hi-def color video cameras panning up there for a tiny fraction of the cost.
And the cameras wouldn't be getting high.

Offline skipuno

• Probationary (Probie)
I have a 50 cal blackpowder rifle. There is also the Desert Eagle 50 cal pistol. Most likely it was one of these.
A goverment that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

I have a 50 cal blackpowder rifle. There is also the Desert Eagle 50 cal pistol. Most likely it was one of these.

The Desert Eagle was my first thought, too.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

DemoTex Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jul-02-11 11:29 PM
Response to Reply #16

Well, you are an idiot, and if you really did fly in Viet Nam, your survival owes everything to pure, dumb luck and American air dominance, and nothing whatsoever to your thundering ignorance on anything concerning ordnance.

There are no explosive projos for the US .50, the Russkii 12.7, or even the considerably more-powerful Russkii 14.5 (Or the British .55 BOYS, or the Czech/British 15mm BESA, for that matter).  Explosive projectiles start with the 20mm cannon in our gear, or the 23mm in Soviet Bloc weapons.  It is more or less what actually distinguishes a 'Machinegun' from an 'Automatic cannon.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOBUCKS

DemoTex  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jul-03-11 11:29 PM
Response to Reply #117
120. Exactly right. Thanks. 
 I have no idea what weapon fired this 50-cal round, but I do know that the projectile had incendiary characteristics. The USFS fire investigators know that, too. Flint and steel generated sparks do not start a fire as quickly as this one started.

I'm glad you equated the 50-cal to the 12.7mm. That was mt point with the anti-aircraft discussion. If I remember correctly, the 12.7 is a mm or two larger than our 50-cal, so that they can use ammo captured from us but we can't use their ammo. Is that correct?

Does anyone still believe this DUmbass was ever in the military?