Author Topic: "I've really never been afraid for my life at the Red Lobster"  (Read 9140 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: "I've really never been afraid for my life at the Red Lobster"
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 05:47:27 PM »
I think that you are missing the DUmmies basic motivation for their position......the criminal element is their constituency......more armed citizens simply means more dead (or severely injured) constituents........

Even though they do their best to make certain that the dead ones still vote......the ones in lockup are considerably less likely to do so.....yet......

dpc

If I'm ever forced into a situation where I must use a gun, I intend on shooting them until they're dead. Period.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 06:05:03 PM »
If I'm ever forced into a situation where I must use a gun, I intend on shooting them until they're dead. Period.

All the cops I've ever talked to have told me the same thing.  (Reloading and re-engaging the target is considered a tad much, though.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 08:10:58 PM »
How about Rock Lobster? (Obscure B52's reference.) (There goes a dogfish.)

Chased by a catfish.

In flew a sea robin
Watch out for that piranha
There goes a narwhale
HERE COMES A BIKINI WHALE!

--Not THAT obscure.  It's on my iPod.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 08:30:23 PM »
In flew a sea robin
Watch out for that piranha
There goes a narwhale
HERE COMES A BIKINI WHALE!

--Not THAT obscure.  It's on my iPod.
Mine, too.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 08:33:21 PM »
Mine, too.

Along with about 10 other B-52/Fred Schneider songs.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 08:48:22 PM »

Be afraid... be very afraid.... of the Red Lobster!!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 09:36:38 PM »

Double tap in the chest will usualluy take care of the situation. Anything more than that and you are usually shooting over their head and wasting good ammo. Until you have looked down the wrong end of the barrel, you really have no idea!

ETA: ( I'll have to upload a pic of my gunshot wound one of these days so DUmpster DIvers can see what one looks like. I took a gun away from a frikkin' wannabe gangsta, but not before he damn bear blew my leg off below the knee. These little Goons from the DUmp would pee their britches in such a situation. Good thing I was armed. It gave him just enough pause for me to get close. )
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:47:08 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 10:32:56 PM »
Double tap in the chest will usualluy take care of the situation. Anything more than that and you are usually shooting over their head and wasting good ammo. Until you have looked down the wrong end of the barrel, you really have no idea!

ETA: ( I'll have to upload a pic of my gunshot wound one of these days so DUmpster DIvers can see what one looks like. I took a gun away from a frikkin' wannabe gangsta, but not before he damn bear blew my leg off below the knee. These little Goons from the DUmp would pee their britches in such a situation. Good thing I was armed. It gave him just enough pause for me to get close. )

Remember with this helpful rhyme from your Uncle Dutch:

Two to the heart
and One to the Head
Will always ensure,
the ****er is dead.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 04:18:03 AM »

Two to the heart
and One to the Head
Will always ensure,
the ****er is dead.

Dayum!

Dutch is a poet,
And we didn't know it. :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 06:49:32 AM »

Two to the heart
and One to the Head
Will always ensure,
the ****er is dead.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Hence my post about wasting ammo!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 09:48:16 AM »
If all Red Lobsters  are like the one by my house, you have more to fear from the unsanitary conditions than any gun "nut."

Speaking of the B-52's, I live fairly close to the (now burned) Love Shack. Tiiiiin rooooof-RUSTED. :-)
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2010, 11:02:43 AM »
Two to the heart
and One to the Head
Will always ensure,
Red lights, blink, blink, blink, blink
Shiny truck gleaming.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
Red lights, blink, blink, blink, blink
Shiny truck gleaming.

document document document
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 11:11:39 AM »
:rofl:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 07:01:23 PM »
Robert Blake claimed he left his gun and had to back into the restaurant to get it off a seat . While he was gone someone shot his wife while she was waiting for him in the car.

Fast food joints on the west coast seem to get hit by gangsters during the lunch hour, some patrons have been shot.

Hells Bells, people in some areas carry into a Church for protection from outsiders. 

A cross around the neck or garlic around the windows will not protect you. But one is safe if they have silver bullets.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 07:22:39 PM »

A cross around the neck or garlic around the windows will not protect you. But one is safe if they have silver bullets.

No need for silver, hon.  Copper jacketed lead fills the bill nicely 99% of the time.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 07:26:35 PM »
DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-16-10 06:08 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunde...ll&address=118x293139
"I've really never been afraid for my life at the Red Lobster"
When do those of us who don't need to or want to carry guns, or want to be exposed to them, get a crack at our right to life without guns?

When you migrate your worthless ass to a country that doesn't have a constitutional provision granting the right to bear arms, and the only gunsweapons are in the hands of the government or criminals (but I repeat myself). Stupid Asshole.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 09:07:44 AM »
No need for silver, hon.  Copper jacketed lead fills the bill nicely 99% of the time.

Silver would actually make pretty great bullets, but at current metal prices they'd cost about $8 apiece for 115-125 grain 9 mils. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »
Mythbusters did an episode on silver bullets using ballistic gelatin and some regular target-shooting.  I don't remember the outcome, but it was an interesting show.  I don't think the silver bullets were very accurate.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 09:17:44 AM by Chris »
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2010, 09:31:50 AM »
Mythbusters did an episode on silver bullets using ballistic gelatin and some regular target-shooting.  I don't remember the outcome, but it was an interesting show.  I don't think the silver bullets were very accurate.

I would think that the lack of density - compared to an equal volume of lead - would cause them to tumble more readily than the lead counterpart.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2010, 11:20:53 AM »
I would think that the lack of density - compared to an equal volume of lead - would cause them to tumble more readily than the lead counterpart.

Basically they'd need to be somewhat longer to make up for that, in order to get the desirable sectional density.  On the other hand silver is much stronger than solid lead and could be loaded to the same pressure and velocity as jacketed bullets without stripping in the rifling like solid lead, and would not deform any more than FMJ in feeding through an auto, so it would have certain advantages over solid lead if it were as cheap.  It would also make great jacket metal, again aside from price vs. the cupro-nickel alloys normally used. 

The biggest problem with it would be making the silver bullets in the first place, you could end up with a steel bullet mold solidly silver-brazed together pretty easily, you would pretty much have to cast rough ones in clay, sand, or investment and then swage them to final dimension.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 01:06:40 PM »
Basically they'd need to be somewhat longer to make up for that, in order to get the desirable sectional density.  On the other hand silver is much stronger than solid lead and could be loaded to the same pressure and velocity as jacketed bullets without stripping in the rifling like solid lead, and would not deform any more than FMJ in feeding through an auto, so it would have certain advantages over solid lead if it were as cheap.  It would also make great jacket metal, again aside from price vs. the cupro-nickel alloys normally used. 

The biggest problem with it would be making the silver bullets in the first place, you could end up with a steel bullet mold solidly silver-brazed together pretty easily, you would pretty much have to cast rough ones in clay, sand, or investment and then swage them to final dimension.

Or, if one improved the twist rate in the barrel that the bullet was being fired through, it would seem that said action would solve the problem.

Chase her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
Or, if one improved the twist rate in the barrel that the bullet was being fired through, it would seem that said action would solve the problem.

But for a short distance wouldn't more tumbling be better?

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2010, 01:54:25 PM »
But for a short distance wouldn't more tumbling be better?

tumbling slows velocity which in turn lowers kenetic energy transfer to the target.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »
tumbling slows velocity which in turn lowers kenetic energy transfer to the target.

But I was thinking in terms of a home invader .  Seems like the velocity loss would be minimal why the damage from tumbling would be more.