Author Topic: the melancholy demise of a once-popular forum  (Read 450 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the melancholy demise of a once-popular forum
« on: November 02, 2016, 03:14:28 PM »
http://jackpineradicals.com/groups/jackpine-radical-cooking/forum/topic/suggestions-for-what-to-do-with-the-whats-for-dinner-thread/

Oh my.

This is from Manny's jackass message board, but the same seems to apply to the cooking & baking forum on Skins's island, where there's more cobwebs than traffic.

NJCher    (695 posts)    November 2, 2016 at 12:45 pm

Suggestions for What to Do with the What's for Dinner Thread

The last two days there have been no posts, and there usually are just a few. I am suggesting we discontinue it, as there isn’t enough interest.

If you have any other ideas, like maybe a weekly “what’s cooking” thread, maybe we could do that. People could just post whatever they’ve done that’s interesting culinarily that week.

Other ideas?

Now, Ms. Vanderbilt-Astor a long time ago rendered herself utterly undeserving of any sort of sympathy or pity, given her elitism, snobbery, and philistinism, but she still deserves some kudos for so valiantly trying to keep the cooking & baking forums on both Skins's island and Manny's jackass message board going.

Anyone familiar with the histories of both Skins's island and conservativecave will recall a time when the cooking & baking forum was a wealth of comedic material, back in the days when the sparkling old dude, his much-younger trophy wife, Sherlock Judy grasswire, the greatauntoftriplets, poor stupid Beth, Tangerine LaBamba, the know-it-all defrocked warped primitive, &c., &c., &c. kept it hopping more than a box of Mexican jumping-beans.

Well, yeah, the hippywife primitive Mrs. Alfred Packer was active there too, until hippyhubby Wild Bill, jealous that she was giving the forum more attention than she was giving him, made her quit going to Skins's island--but given her crass negativity about people and things, whether her appearances there added anything, or subtracted from, is debatable.

After dear old sweet Lu took over the forum, she immediately let it go to pot.  Despite that she's a stay-at-home wife, husband but no children underfoot--and the husband working at night, and sleeping during the day, thus out of her hair--who had all the time in the world to dedicate to the forum, all she did was post a one-line "original" topic every day, "What's for supper? [sic]," after which she left and went somewhere else to sit on her ass all day.

Later, dear old sweet Lu got hookworm, an ailment prolonged for the longest time because she was too lady-like modest to let a physician examine the affected area.  One of the symptoms of hookworm of course is laziness, apathy, lassitude, lack of interest, and that was most certainly her attitude about the cooking & baking forum, which rapidly went to Hell because of her inattention to it.

For the past year or so, Ms. Vanderbilt-Astor's tried keeping it going, but it looks as if Mrs. Alfred Packer through her negativity and dear old sweet Lu through her apathy had pretty much killed it.

And to think it was once the third-largest forum on Skins's island.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: the melancholy demise of a once-popular forum
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 05:32:17 PM »
Calling calf scours food will not gain you a lot of viewers.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: the melancholy demise of a once-popular forum
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »
Tonight for dinner I'm having a hamburger cooked rare, very rare, with a slice of swiss cheese and a thin slice of onion on two slices of italian bread. no mustard or ketsup, simply mayo.

I'll have a small side of haluski with it. good stuff.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.