Author Topic: If you ever doubted how a liberal would have responded to prevention of 9/11...  (Read 677 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
The Sushi Bandit  (1000+ posts)       Sat Aug-30-08 06:58 PM
Original message
Ramsey County Sheriff issues statement on raid (RNC Welcoming Committee Convergence Center) 
 Source: Minnesota Independent

The following statement was issued by the Ramsey County Sheriffs Department in regards to last nights raid on the RNC Welcoming Committee’s convergence space in downtown St. Paul:

On August 29, 2008 at 9:15 pm the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office, assisted by the St. Paul Police Department, executed a search warrant at 627 Smith Ave So. Numerous items were recovered. No persons were arrested. The search warrant was a part of an ongoing investigation regarding serious criminal acts.

Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher stated, “This investigation pertains to actions of the RNC Welcoming Committee. The “Welcoming Committee” is a criminal enterprise made up of 35 self- described anarchists who are intent on committing criminal acts before and during the Republican National Convention. These acts include tactics to blockade and disable delegate buses, breaching venue security and injuring police officers. They have recruited assistance in their criminal conspiracy from other anarchists groups throughout the country. Through their plans and actions they have exhibited a blatant disregard for the law and the safety of others.”

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=3461329&mesg_id=3461329

Replace the players and the names where appropriate, and you'd have perhaps the greatest bust in the history of police investigations and law enforcement. Now let's see how the DUmmies would have responded:

fascisthunter  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-30-08 07:01 PM
Response to Original message
1. Is There Proof That There was a "Conspiracy"?

CherokeeDem  (445 posts)      Sat Aug-30-08 07:08 PM
8. Did They Detain Anyone?????
 I love how they are going to do accuse this group of all of this but don't even detain them. Look, I don't wish to see criminal acts committed...but I would like to see the proof the police have that this group was actually going to try and injure police officers among the other charges. Also note the reference to the fact that this group is being supported by "other anarchists groups throughout the country"; nothing like indicting them all at one time. 

Demeter  (1000+ posts)       Sat Aug-30-08 07:42 PM
17. CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE? Says Who?
 I never heard of them until this week. No rape, murder, torture, fraud, undeclared wars in 3rd world countries, arson, theft, or civil rights violations. Where's the Criminal in this so-called criminal enterprise?

Are they confusing modern political movement with 19th century latter-day freeedom fighters?

Or is it a clear case of shit for brains?

hootinholler  (1000+ posts)       Sat Aug-30-08 09:03 PM
23. Sounds like planned civil disobedience to me.
 So organizing (I use the term lightly, these are anarchists) to commit misdemeanor civil disobedience warrants this sort of crackdown? What next thought crimes?

-Hoot

Joanne98  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-30-08 11:30 PM
32. Bush is a criminal enterprise. Sue these bastards.

IanDB1  (1000+ posts)       Sun Aug-31-08 12:51 PM
45. Finally! SOMETHING that Anarchists are good for! Bait! Sacrificial lambs! Stalking Horses! 
 Let the cops use their excessive and brutal intimidation tactics on the Anarchists, to gain sympathy for the legitimate protesters.

A few things:

(1) Good work by the police.

(2) If anyone thinks liberals would have responded any other way than this to the prevention of 9/11, I have some stock in a company called Enron I'd like to sell you.

(3) The meme that Bush Knew About 9/11 now holds no water: the cops knew in advance that the anarchists were planning to **** things up, and they still get blasted for cracking skulls.

(note to DU morons: no, I am not saying the anarchists were planning another 9/11)
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.