Author Topic: As A Vet I Question The Value Of My Service And If It Was Worth It  (Read 1915 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: As A Vet I Question The Value Of My Service And If It Was Worth It
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 07:21:45 AM »
I'm still convinced that this guy is a poser, I don't believe he served in Vietnam, but in the unlikely event he did, then he was one of those REMF that never saw one day of actual combat.

Nah, IF he served, he was a "10-percenter."
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »
He is going for a DOTY

TheMastersNemesis (3,602 posts)
49. I Am Appalled By The Mean Spiritedness That Infests The Nation Now.

Mean spiritedness toward poor people, sick people, minorities, gays, or anyone who supposedly gets government help is just plain unAmerican. Veterans actually are 2nd class citizens when it comes to treatment and benefits. A job a Walmart or Krispy Kreme at minimum or low wage is an insult to veterans and even working Americans. Vets make good cannon fodder and economic fodder when they return. And the damaged ones get pretty much thrown aside.

And there is no mention of our KIA's in Afghanistan anymore. I don't care that one asshole called me an embarrassment. They have their head up their ass as far as I am concerned. I wonder if they ever served. If they did then they really do not get it.

The point is that we allow the GOP to attack these people and actually cut vets benefits while they blame Dems or corner them to do it. Then people vote for these DIRTY ROTTEN BIGOTED HATEFUL BASTARDS. I have no use for the GOP at any level. What makes it worse is that Dems seem to have no spine too often.

So what are vets serving for? They are serving so that Koch's and their billionaire allies can rape just about everyone and everything on the planet. Somehow risking coming home for the rich Koch scum is outrageous. America should be about economic and social justice and not about economic pillage of workers.
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 06:04:23 PM »
As I said he needs to repay the Taxpayers for all the money spent on his tired ass if he didn't like getting paid for whatever so called job he did while serving. If he isn't using that training to his benefit then he is dumber then a fence post.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 09:55:25 AM »
Their constant focus on the Koch brothers reminds me of a mental patient in an asylum that keeps seeing talking dogs. It has to be a mental illness. Come to think of it, with all the admissions of having psychiatrists, mental issues, drug use, etc., I'd say about 75% of the DUmp wouldn't be allowed a vote in the 1800's as they'd all be forcibly committed to asylums.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 11:42:55 AM »
Their constant focus on the Koch brothers reminds me of a mental patient in an asylum that keeps seeing talking dogs. It has to be a mental illness. Come to think of it, with all the admissions of having psychiatrists, mental issues, drug use, etc., I'd say about 75% of the DUmp wouldn't be allowed a vote in the 1800's as they'd all be forcibly committed to asylums.

:rant:

Who's been out joyriding in the VRWC Time Machine . . . again??? :mad: :censored: :argh:

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »
What a retard.
I was a friggin supply clerk, about as far from dashing, Spec Ops guy you can get. Never once, have I questioned the value of my service or if it was worth it. You know why? Because I'm not ****ing stupid

You should join DU -- you could be a Black Ops operative, a Green Beret, Seal Team 6, Special Forces -- anything you want! You could create bouncies by the mile!

(or maybe you have?  We know over 50% of the DUmp and at least 2 moderators are us LOL!!)
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 12:05:34 PM »

Who's been out joyriding in the VRWC Time Machine . . . again??? :mad: :censored: :argh:

Well in our defense it is a Delorean
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 12:10:02 PM »
I call BS on this one.  :bs:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DUKOTA

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 12:20:51 PM »
RC (23,896 posts)
37. I enlisted in the Navy so I would not be drafted to be canon fodder in Viet Nam.

I was stationed on a troop transport (USS George Clymer APA-27) that hauled marines to Viet Nam. I can still see the faces of some of the marines on board. Some knew they were not coming back. You could tell by looking at them, Kids, my age at the time. We were barely out of the harbor after unloading them in Viet Nam, when we received word some of them were dead already. Less than an hour off the ship - dead. 18/19 year olds. Kids, just out of high school. No chance to live their lives.
No one can tell me Viet Nam was worth it.We finally left and peace broke out there.[\b]
 We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children. -- Jimmy Carter
http://www.timws.com
http://rc.smugmug.com

This one made me laugh.  At least there was one response to it.

Packerowner740 (55 posts)
66. "Peace broke out there"

Really?
[\quote]

Packerowner740 (55 posts)
70. I don't think the people that were slaughtered over there after we left would say that

"Peace broke out". We shouldn't have been there in the first place but that place became a cluster**** of the first order after we left. It was only a cluster**** of the second order before we left.[\quote]

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 04:06:38 PM »
This isn't the first time, and probably won't be the last time that I've wondered about Bob and his service record - he LOVES to rant on and on about it, yet when MrDorkio makes a check-in thread on Veterans' Day:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024014349

TMN is nowhere to be found.  :???:

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 04:18:09 PM »
This isn't the first time, and probably won't be the last time that I've wondered about Bob and his service record - he LOVES to rant on and on about it, yet when MrDorkio makes a check-in thread on Veterans' Day:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024014349

TMN is nowhere to be found.  :???:

I might try to wade through that swamp and see if Hollis's new persona has showed up.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 01:00:38 AM »
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 08:39 AM
TheMastersNemesis

As A Vet I Question The Value Of My Service And If It Was Worth It
It can be answered in three simple words.
"So do we."
There was no value to "your service", therefore it has no worth.
You were a turd in a punch bowl. Go kill yourself.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”