Author Topic: Limbaugh Boycott Collapsing as New and Old Advertisers Flock to Program  (Read 3252 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Mods you can move this if you need to.  Wanted to put it here for the lurkers to see...and choke on. :tongue:

Liberals thought their fondest dream had come true on Feb. 29, 2012, when weekday radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh referred to Georgetown University Law Student Sandra Fluke as a “slut” and a “prostitute” after she testified the week before to House Democrats in favor of forcing insurance companies to pay the full cost of contraceptives.

Democrats quickly urged sponsors to boycott the conservative icon's program, and that hurt advertising for the rest of the year. But Limbaugh's distributor -- Dan Metter -- said on Thursday that the radio host is not only drawing new advertisers, but he's also welcoming back a number of long-time sponsors.

Metter, senior vice president and director of talk radio sales for Premiere Radio, told the Talkers New York 2013 conference that the boycott -- which he referred to as simply “the challenge” -- led the company to focus its efforts on getting ads from entrepreneurial-based companies not handled by major agencies, including LifeLock and LegalZoom.

They’re not buying an ideology, they’re buying an audience. And many of them are advertising with our progressive radio hosts and our conservative radio hosts and everything in the middle.

He then stated that companies are buying advertisements “because their audience buys tractors, their audience drinks soda, and their audience needs data backup. And that’s the place to get those types of customers. So we’re doing very, very well.”

“They’re pacing ahead of this time last year,” Metter noted, “and while January was a bit slow, the second quarter is picking up for the company that distributes Limbaugh and other talkers, such as Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.”

Of course, the second quarter of 2012 was the height of the liberal boycott, so it's not surprising that talk radio is doing better this year than last. Still, the fact that Limbaugh's advertising has bounced back is worth noting.

“Many of these companies, especially in this economy, need talk radio,” he continued. “The endorsement of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, (liberal talk show host) Randi Rhodes and (science expert) George Noory is gold to these guys. That builds their brands, makes their business.”

Cumulus Media (a rival to Limbaugh's syndicator Premier) CEO Lew Dickey has blamed the company’s advertising losses in New York on Limbaugh's comments about Fluke. Cumulus, which has 40 radio stations that air the conservative host's program, has a contract with the talker through 2013.

Led by a number of liberal groups, the boycott resulted in several sponsors -- including Sears, Geico, Carbonite, Netflix, Capitol One and the New York Lottery -- withdrawing from Limbaugh's radio show within local markets.

However, the conservative radio host said the departing sponsors were replaced, and a source close to the show said revenue was “very minimally impacted in the short term.” In addition, the conservative talker said the boycott had “backfired” since his program is still the highest-rated talk radio show in the country. The CEO of Carbonite admitted last year that dropping his company's ads from Limbaugh's program led to reduced profits.

Another speaker at the conference was John Murphy, executive vice president of Dial Global -- which distributes shows from talkers such as Herman Cain, Bill Press and Thom Hartmann -- who said that advertisers today are simply scared of political talk radio after the advertising boycott.

“Talk radio has become so frightening for advertisers that even CBS Radio’s longtime talker Charles Osgood has been placed on a 'do not buy' list!” Murphy noted.

Blogger and law professor William Jacobson has pointed this out for quite some time although few in the media have been willing to accurately report these facts. The truth of the matter is that all the numbers that have been circulating about the supposed success of the boycott have no comparisons to what the companies were doing prior to the Fluke controversy. Now that we know the actual percentages from Premiere itself, it's time that the #StopRush myth be put out to pasture.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/randy-hall/2013/06/06/limbaugh-boycott-collapsing-new-old-sponsors-advertise-his-radio-show
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:32:56 AM by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Another speaker at the conference was John Murphy, executive vice president of Dial Global -- which distributes shows from talkers such as Herman Cain, Bill Press and Thom Hartmann -- who said that advertisers today are simply scared of political talk radio after the advertising boycott.

“Talk radio has become so frightening for advertisers that even CBS Radio’s longtime talker Charles Osgood has been placed on a 'do not buy' list!” Murphy noted.

DUmmies take note.  The only one...the ONLY ONE who says anything negative about the current state of advertising on talk radio...is someone who works for a company that puts out some of the most hate filled radio on the airwaves.

It's not Conservative talk radio that is having a hard time getting advertising...it's your Libtard brethren.

Think about it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline here

• In case anyone ever asks, I wasn't really here
AKA, The boycot that never was

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

That would be the one.

We regularly document here the "Rush is REALLY REALLY toast this time" threads about how supposedly Rush is losing advertisers and it's a sign that he's finally going down the tubes.

This little article just highlights how stupid their little desire to silence Conservative talk radio really is.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
That would be the one.

We regularly document here the "Rush is REALLY REALLY toast this time" threads about how supposedly Rush is losing advertisers and it's a sign that he's finally going down the tubes.

This little article just highlights how stupid their little desire to silence Conservative talk radio really is.

And how futile it is.

DUmmies would have better results pissing in a lake to raise the level of the water.   :lmao:

(Metaphorically speaking, of course.  I have no desire for any DUmmie, anywhere, to piss in any body of water, even kiddie pools.)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

Offline Karin

...boycott resulted in several sponsors -- including Sears, Geico, Carbonite, Netflix, Capitol One and the New York Lottery -- withdrawing from Limbaugh's radio show...

I still don't care to do business with any of these. 

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!

As per usual, the ridiculously corrupt and intellectually bankrupt left have to......

....make things up.

I am soooooo surprised.   :whistling:

...boycott resulted in several sponsors -- including Sears, Geico, Carbonite, Netflix, Capitol One and the New York Lottery -- withdrawing from Limbaugh's radio show...

I still don't care to do business with any of these. 

I've never patronized any of them except Sears and I haven't set foot in Sears in almost 8 years.  The last time was to get a ratchet replaced.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:41:14 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline jukin

IIRC, Rush is not letting the people that bailed on him back on air.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline here

That is a mistake.  I can't think of no better conservatives than those who where once liberal, or especially their targets; wasn't President Reagan a registered democrat?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
That is a mistake.  I can't think of no better conservatives than those who where once liberal, or especially their targets; wasn't President Reagan a registered democrat?

Yes, Reagan was a Democrat when he was younger.  According to Wikipedia (because I wasn't alive yet  :wink: ), he changed parties in 1962.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.

Like pro flowers, now he does adds for 1 800 flowers.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

He said one day he was considering it on a case by case basis.  I know he turned Carbonite down when they tried to come back...and he rejected new advertising $$$$ from Chevrolet when they tried to get a spot as the others left.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
And how futile it is.

DUmmies would have better results pissing in a lake to raise the level of the water.   :lmao:

(Metaphorically speaking, of course.  I have no desire for any DUmmie, anywhere, to piss in any body of water, even kiddie pools.)

Piss up a rope comes to mind.

DUmmies never change their hopes and dreams of putting us to pasture. They still think they're the smartest people on the planet, and get poked in the pooper by their own brethren every day! Hilarious!!!!

Name one of yer DUmbass boycotts that has ever worked, ya idiots!

The only ones who suffer are the companies that believe your bull feces! Carbonite is kickin' themselves in the ass for listenin' to you degenerates!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:17:52 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

Let's see...

Buy Blue...no that didn't work.

Not one red cent...no that got ****ed up too.

Boycott the sponsors of Fox News...shit that one failed as well!

WAIT...get a basket of groceries at Wal-mart and leave before they are paid for....no no that one didn't work either and just got me arrested.

I just KNOW the next boycott effort will FINALLY be the one that works! [/du mode]

Offline Dori

Chick-Fil-A   

But not in the way they wanted it too  :-)
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline here

Chick-Fil-A   

But not in the way they wanted it too  :-)

That's an example of what we all should look for when trying to time the stock market

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Chick-Fil-A  

But not in the way they wanted it too  :-)

Yeah that backfired just a LITTLE!

How stooooopid do ya have to be to understand, guys like Rush have 30 million ****in' listeners? The guy prolly carries more cash in his back pocket than you losers make in a 10 years. Gubmint checks just don't amount to that kinda cash.

Yet you DUmb****s continue to parade your lack of intelligence like some kinda medal. Geez, whatta thing to be proud of!

DUmmies is entertaining if nothing else. Good Grief!!!!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 04:53:14 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline I_B_Perky

Poor, poor dummies. So angry yet so impotent.

As an aside... one day I got into an argument on our local rag's website comment section with a liberal idiot who kept saying that liberals are in the majority. I asked him how the boycotts of Rush, Fox, et al, went. His head about exploded.

Liberals are delusional. Dummies are worse.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Mr Mannn

Just knowing that this news has a liberal somewhere writhing in agony is good for my soul.

Offline Dori

Re: Limbaugh Boycott Collapsing as New and Old Advertisers Flock to Program
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 11:38:15 AM »
I love it when the libs "step in it" :lmao:

Libtalker Thom Hartmann Claims 'Flush Rush' Backfired

Remember the 'Flush Rush' boycott attempted by David Brock and Media Matters which called for advertisers to drop their sponsorships of Rush Limbaugh's radio show? How did that work out in the long run? According to liberal radio talk host Thom Hartmann on CNN's Reliable Sources yesterday it completely backfired because it ended up hurting liberal shows:

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2013/08/05/libtalker-thom-hartmann-claims-flush-rush-backfired#ixzz2b769xbov
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline jukin

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 12:27:54 PM »
I love it when the libs "step in it" :lmao:

Libtalker Thom Hartmann Claims 'Flush Rush' Backfired

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2013/08/05/libtalker-thom-hartmann-claims-flush-rush-backfired#ixzz2b769xbov

I love it when a leftist plan comes together.  The sad part is a leftist plan is coming together in our once great country.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 12:28:36 PM »
Double whammy to the DUmmies...
The most surprising thing about the interview was the high professional praise that Hartmann gave to Rush Limbaugh

He's a brilliant and talented guy. He does radio really, really well.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2013/08/05/libtalker-thom-hartmann-claims-flush-rush-backfired#ixzz2b7IFwV71
:angryvillagers: /DU
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 05:51:33 PM »
And the DUmmies are still sticking their heads in the sand:

kpete (39,643 posts)

MEDIA MATTERS: Limbaugh Is FINISHED: "The Damage Has Been Done"

For Rush Limbaugh, The Damage Is Done
Blog ››› 4 hours and 11 minutes ago ››› ERIC BOEHLERT

One week after it was first reported that talk radio giant Cumulus Media might cut ties with Rush Limbaugh and pull his show from 40 of its stations nationwide, the end result of the contractual showdown remains unclear. But we do know this: The damage has been done to Limbaugh and his reputation inside the world of AM radio as an untouchable star.

By opting to publicly negotiate its contract and making it clear the broadcast company is willing to walk away from his program, Cumulus has delivered a once unthinkable blow to Limbaugh's industry prestige. (Cumulus is also threatening to drop Sean Hannity's syndicated radio show.)

Even if Limbaugh wins in the end, he loses. Even if Limbaugh manages to stay on Cumulus' enviable rosters of major market talk stations, Limbaugh comes out of the tussle tarnished and somewhat diminished.

Recall that one year after Limbaugh ignited the most severe crisis of his career by insulting law student Sandra Fluke for three days on the air, attacking her as a "slut," the talker's team announced the host was unhappy with Cumulus. Angry that its CEO had been noting in the press how many advertisers Limbaugh had lost over the Fluke firestorm (losses that continue to accumulate), an anonymous Limbaugh source told Politico the host was so angry he might walk away from Cumulus when his contract expired at the end of the year.

Just look at what would likely happen to Limbaugh in New York City, the largest radio market in America. He's currently heard on WABC-AM, which has broadcast Limbaugh for decades and has served as his unofficial flagship station in America. But Cumulus owns the station and it's one that Limbaugh would get yanked off if the two sides can't come to an agreement. Where would Limbaugh likely end up in New York? On WOR-AM, a talk station that Clear Channel purchased last year, many observers believed, as a way to make sure Limbaugh would have a New York home if his deal ended at WABC-AM.

So what's wrong with Limbaugh moving to WOR-AM? Only the fact that the station's currently a ratings doormat, ranked 25th in that market with less than half the audience of WABC-AM. Yes, it's likely Limbaugh would improve that station's ratings if he moved over there. But at this stage in his career for Limbaugh to have to start over in the most important radio market in the country and do it on such a low-rated station? If you don't think that kind of demotion would sting, you don't understand the oversized egos that fuel talk radio in America.

the rest:
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/08/05/for-rush-limbaugh-the-damage-is-done/195228

Delusional DUmmies think Rush is going away.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender