Author Topic: DU demands DNC to throw more rats onto the sinking ship  (Read 718 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
DU demands DNC to throw more rats onto the sinking ship
« on: May 15, 2012, 07:59:20 AM »
WillyT (38,581 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Booooo !!! - Wisconsin Dems Say DNC Stalled Financial Backing For Walker Recall Election - RawStory

Wisconsin Dems say DNC stalled financial backing for Walker recall election
By Andrew Jones - RawStory
Monday, May 14, 2012 16:20 EDT

<snip>

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) has not invested heavily into the recall elections against Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker (R), according to an anonymous Wisconsin Democratic party official.

The frustrated official told The Washington Post’s Greg Sargent about the disgust his colleagues are having with the DNC being restrained on their financial support for Tom Barrett, Walker’s Democratic opponent: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/exclusive-wisconsin-dems-furious-with-dnc-for-refusing-to-invest-big-money-in-walker-recall/2012/05/14/gIQAj6lxOU_blog.html

“We are frustrated by the lack of support from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Governors Association,” the official said. “Scott Walker has the full support and backing of the Republican Party and all its tentacles. We are not getting similar support.”

“Scott Walker has made this a national election. If he wins, he will turn his victory into a national referendum on his ideas about the middle class. It will hurt Democrats nationally. The fact that are sitting on their hands now is so frustrating. The whole ticket stands to lose.”

<snip>

Link: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/14/wisconsin-dems-say-dnc-stalled-financial-backing-for-walker-recall-election/

Related Link: http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002680446

The Velveteen Ocelot (31,041 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

1. I just emailed them a piece of my mind. You can, too - here:

http://my.democrats.org/page/s/contact-the-democrats

And I'm sure they feel the weight of every electron employed.

ProfessionalLeftist (2,587 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

9. JUST did that...

... I also emailed them. Damn they're being STUPID about this. Unbelievable.

Yeah. Stupid. That's what it is.

dflprincess (18,969 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

4. Now that the corporatists, excuse me, the "new" Democrats control the party

the last thing the DNC wants is for a populist movement to succeed.

If you spent more time voting in new blood rather than keeping Pelosi as party leader in spite of her obvious cronyism and incompetence and did more to mobilize your base.

BTW - mobilize means to be mobile. Mobile is not squatting in a park for 6 months.

JDPriestly (31,083 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

6. Replacing Howard Dean was the biggest mistake Obama ever made.

Dean would have won the 2010 Congressional election or at least done a lot better than the DNC did.

Now, now...

...I'm sure he's made plenty of mistakes that could be considered bigger.

julian09 (698 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

8. Rahm Emanual was running things and he was against Dean

I'm surprised that Debbie isn't seeing importance of this race, disappointed in her. Obama only cares about HIS reelection, didn't care about 2010.

I think Debbie has other things on her mind...

Liberal_Stalwart71 (10,977 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

20. That Obama. He's a BAD, BAD man!!!

Dragonfli (4,045 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

30. You may wish to reconsider that post

If not, it will mean a TOS alert at the very least and I will be happy to pull that trigger.

Election season means, no Democrat is ever wrong, no Democrat should have to deal with criticism that will suppress the vote, or vote for a non-Dem

This is your only warning.

Humor is like good *****...

...liberals don't get it.

bonniebgood (35 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

32. Debbie and the rest of the blue dogs

dems are in the tank for and with ALEC. see the conflict of interest here don't you?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002687186

And on it goes.

They're quite upset over this treatment during such an important election but they're still in the kitchen wearing leather boots and cooking for their man while he's down at the corner bar with the boys.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: DU demands DNC to throw more rats onto the sinking ship
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 08:02:12 AM »
Dragonfli (4,045 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

30. You may wish to reconsider that post

If not, it will mean a TOS alert at the very least and I will be happy to pull that trigger.

Election season means, no Democrat is ever wrong, no Democrat should have to deal with criticism that will suppress the vote, or vote for a non-Dem

This is your only warning.

OMG that is what is so wrong with their party  :mental: :thatsright: :lmao: :lol:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »
Dragonfli was being sarcastic, as he was raked over the coals yesterday for criticizing lockstep thinking. 

JDPriestly (31,083 posts)

6. Replacing Howard Dean was the biggest mistake Obama ever made.

Hey genius.  The DNC chair is selected by party caucus. 

It's disturbing to me how all these people think Obama is a dictator.  And they're comfortable with that. 

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:37:27 AM »
I did not see any of the posters quoted saying they would donate any of their own money or volunteer any of their time to help Barrett out.  :whistling:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 08:51:30 AM »
And I'm sure they feel the weight of every electron employed.

Yeah. Stupid. That's what it is.

If you spent more time voting in new blood rather than keeping Pelosi as party leader in spite of her obvious cronyism and incompetence and did more to mobilize your base.

BTW - mobilize means to be mobile. Mobile is not squatting in a park for 6 months.

Now, now...

...I'm sure he's made plenty of mistakes that could be considered bigger.

I think Debbie has other things on her mind...

Humor is like good *****...

...liberals don't get it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002687186

And on it goes.

They're quite upset over this treatment during such an important election but they're still in the kitchen wearing leather boots and cooking for their man while he's down at the corner bar with the boys.

Does the DNC really want to draw attention to a successful governor of the opposite party while their incompetent president is running for reelection?
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 08:54:46 AM »
I did not see any of the posters quoted saying they would donate any of their own money or volunteer any of their time to help Barrett out.  :whistling:

it's other's people's money that they use  :hammer:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »
Don`t they grasp that O is not going to allow any funds to be spent that could be used for him?

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 09:39:36 AM »

I ran across one, sort of.  He said "we should donate our money directly!"  Meaning, of course, "YOU should..."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 10:53:46 AM »
Don`t they grasp that O is not going to allow any funds to be spent that could be used for him?

Bingo.  And, even the lackwit drones at the DNC can smell Fail when it's that big, the primary for the recall told them all they needed to know about the utility of investing any serious money in Barrett.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) has not invested heavily into the recall elections against Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker (R), according to an anonymous Wisconsin Democratic party official.

That's because the DNC has enough problems of its own.  You overextended and spent tens of millions trying to get a governor recalled with the unions pouring in tens of millions more. 

By all the poll indications, it's not going to work.  And if it doesn't work, you've just pissed away $15-20 million worth of airtime on, well, nothing.

Meanwhile, the DNC has to consider it has a shitload of work to do if it even hopes to keep Barruh in office and keep several states like NC, VA, OH, PA, WI, FL, NH, CO, NV, etc., from going red in November.  Also consider that several Senators are in deep shit (McCaskill) as well as Congressmen and governors. 

Couple that with the fact that a lot of the base is keeping their wallets closed until Barruh gets on his knees and fellates them like he did the ghey lobby last week, he might be able to SPEND a billion dollars, but that doesn't mean he'll have it to spend--but if the last four years is any indication, that's par for the course.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »

That's because the DNC has enough problems of its own.  You overextended and spent tens of millions trying to get a governor recalled with the unions pouring in tens of millions more. 

By all the poll indications, it's not going to work.  And if it doesn't work, you've just pissed away $15-20 million worth of airtime on, well, nothing.

Meanwhile, the DNC has to consider it has a shitload of work to do if it even hopes to keep Barruh in office and keep several states like NC, VA, OH, PA, WI, FL, NH, CO, NV, etc., from going red in November.  Also consider that several Senators are in deep shit (McCaskill) as well as Congressmen and governors. 

Couple that with the fact that a lot of the base is keeping their wallets closed until Barruh gets on his knees and fellates them like he did the ghey lobby last week, he might be able to SPEND a billion dollars, but that doesn't mean he'll have it to spend--but if the last four years is any indication, that's par for the course.

What's a little deficit campaign spending amongst libs ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 02:18:52 PM »

Add to what you said this little nugget:

President Barack Obama has a bleak message for House and Senate Democrats this year when it comes to campaign cash: You’re on your own.

Democratic congressional leaders, including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, have privately sought as much as $30 million combined from Obama for America and the Democratic National Committee — a replay of the financial help they received from Obama in 2008 and 2010.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73600.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »

Maybe we should do a website for him?

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
Maybe we should do a website for him?

That would be a first! 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 02:46:21 PM »
Rush made a good point about this, the Democrats must know that Walker's going to win so they don't want to waste the money.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
Rush made a good point about this, the Democrats must know that Walker's going to win so they don't want to waste the money.

:yahoo:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »
Quote from: WillyT (38,581 posts)

Booooo !!! - Wisconsin Dems Say DNC Stalled Financial Backing For Walker Recall Election - RawStory

<snip>

Wrong. There is only one person capable of stalling finances long enough to result in killing a campaign. And that is Franksolich. Coach is watching you, primitives. All of you.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »
I just got back from my Dad's 80th Birthday and there was a lot of pro-Walker signs in NE Wisconsin.

It is going to be so sweet when DUmmie heads explode after Walker wins.

Oh, and a  :bird: to all the lurking DUmmies.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »
Happy birthday to your dad. :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 04:33:36 PM »
Happy birthday to your dad. :)

Thanks, I plan on taking him on a fishing trip later this summer.  The same place he took me Musky fishing when I was a small boy.

"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown