Current Events > The DUmpster

DUmmies Accuse Dimrat of being racist

(1/1)

thundley4:

--- Quote ---Turborama   (1000+ posts)             Thu Aug-13-09 11:57 AM
Original message
The Full Story Of Poster Altercation At McCaskill Event: By The Guy Who Filmed It, Peter Glickert   

Run time: 03:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGiLZF--ehA

Posted on YouTube: August 13, 2009
By YouTube Member: BluePearOnline
Views on YouTube: 341

Posted on DU: August 13, 2009
By DU Member: Turborama
Views on DU: 1047

The full story from McCaskill's town hall poster altercation

This video provides the full breadth of what happened at Senator Claire McCaskill's town hall event in Hillsboro, Missouri.

I must make one thing clear, it is not the intention of this video in any way shape or form to blame, imply, or insinuate that the actions of the police officers were biased or racially motivated. They were just doing their job. With that said, this video is intended to highlight the glaring discrepancies between what was covered by the media, how the crowd treated the 4 black women, and what actually happened.

There were 3 members of the audience who, for the entirety of the event, held up "Don't tread on me" flags. The audience took no exception with the 3 flag holders, they were not booed, jeered, attacked, and were allowed to hold the flags without incident.

The media has picked up on this story and my video but have focused on the fact that it was a Rosa Parks poster. I take partial blame for that, I shouldn't have insinuated that it was taken from her because of what kind of poster it was. The sign could have read, "I love my pet dog" and the man still would have taken the poster from her. That in itself is the story, the fact that what was on the poster mattered less than the fact that he ripped it away from the woman. We must not fixate on what was on the poster, we must focus on the man thinking it is appropriate it steal it from the woman.

The racist undertones were apparent at this event and have been across the country.

MSNBC just reported that 35% of undecided voters are NOW more sympathetic towards the protesters. This is because the media has not asked the questions of these protesters and the injustices that they are perpetuating through hate, fear, and scare tactics.
--- End quote ---
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=385x353387

Um, yeah, notice that guy grabbing and trashing the sign is a McCaskill volunteer?  Shame on her for being such a racist.

--- Quote ---angstlessk (1000+ posts)           Thu Aug-13-09 12:05 PM
Response to Original message
2. watched it here then went to youtube to vote it 'awsome'..

hope it gets a wide viewership.
--- End quote ---

So do I. 

--- Quote ---Raineyb   (1000+ posts)             Thu Aug-13-09 12:17 PM
6. Typical

I wonder how long it will take for the apologists to come out and say it has nothing to do with race.

They pop up like roaches on threads like this.
--- End quote ---
When you realize it was a Dim supporter, you will be saying that, I bet.

--- Quote ---unapatriciated   (1000+ posts)           Thu Aug-13-09 01:19 PM
13. Here is a link to Senator McCaskill's youtube channel

I sent her a message along with a link to the vid in this op and asked her to address the double standard regarding police procedures and signs at her town hall meeting.
We should all ask her to address this, especially du members in Missouri.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMcCaskill
--- End quote ---

Ask her about the double standards embraced by her volunteers while you're at it.  :fuelfire:

jukin:
I so do hope that the left keeps calling anyone that disagrees with them racists.  Repetition will make the word meaningless and then we can throw of the yoke of white guilt and start making this country colorblind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version