Current Events > The DUmpster

primitives whining about health insurance coverage again

(1/3) > >>

franksolich:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6282409

Oh my.

--- Quote ---tavalon  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 03:57 AM
Original message

Premera refused to pay for my child's medication 

He's been taking it for 7 years and now they won't pay for it. They want to have their panel review it for medical necessity. In the meantime, I crush up my pills (same medicine) because he can't take pills and he really, really needs the medication.

I would be happier to have the Government between me and my Doctor instead of Premera. At least they wouldn't have their profit margin first on their minds.

I'm guessing they are soon going to refuse his epilepsy medicine. It's quite expensive and since he's autistic, he's unlikely to be very productive in society, so if he dies because they won't subsidize his medicine, what's the big deal, right? RIGHT!?!

In the end, I am not afraid of bogus government death panels. I'm scared of the Premera death panels and the United Healthcare death panels and the Cigna death panels and the Aetna death panels that are already in place. I apologize if I missed any of the other for profit health insurance death panels THAT ARE ALREADY IN PLACE AND PRACTICING MURDER WITH IMPUNITY!!!!!!!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---tavalon  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 04:07 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. I'm going to a townhall tomorrow and hopefully will get the chance to say something

I have already written to Obama. Actually, I wrote the letter to Premera and placed the CC to President Obama. And yes, it got sent to both places.
--- End quote ---

The maudlin waif primitive:

--- Quote ---Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 04:19 AM
Response to Original message

3. Okay...let me get this straight. 

They're reviewing the need to cover epilepsy meds for a child who's epileptic? Seriously? That's ****ed. Good luck at the town meeting. Try not to clobber too many freeper idiots, though I wouldn't fault you if you did. Hope you get the help you need.

On edit: K&R... This belongs on the Greatest Page far more than my bellyaching.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---tavalon  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 04:23 AM
Response to Reply #3

5. The current medicine they are refusing is liquid lexapro

He has anxiety (many autistics do) and without it, he becomes panicky and obsessive compulsive. They haven't said anything about the medicine for epilepsy yet, but since he was taking the liquid lexapro for the last seven years and Premera and Aetna before that was paying for it, I wonder if the Trileptal isn't next on the list for "medical review".
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 04:29 AM
Response to Reply #5

10. Sounds like hell... 

Hope everything works out all right one way or another.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---tavalon  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 04:32 AM
Response to Reply #10

12. Oh, it will. Poor Premera just doesn't understand that you don't mess with this momma bear

I just sent the aforementioned letter so we'll see what happens then. Since I'm able to cover this one, I haven't been as enraged as I would be if it was his Trileptal. But it was just as I was sending that letter that I realized that while our story doesn't include death, it is relevant to something the insurance companies desperately want to cover up. It is they, not the government who are standing between us and our doctors.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 04:48 AM
Response to Reply #12

18. It's a good illustration of the big disconnect... 

I'm far more concerned about people with a profit motive standing between us and our doctors than a government that doesn't have such a motive (and better not ever develop one).
--- End quote ---

Oh, now that's very interesting.

Surely the maudlin waif primitive knows that, for example, a Democrat congresswoman who yik-yaks on a cellular telephone while a constituent is asking her a question doesn't "care" about her people.

It's already "developed," and corrupt blue-state Democrats have made an art of not really caring.

--- Quote ---uppityperson  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 04:22 AM
Response to Original message

4. That is very wrong. They need to cover it WHILE they review it

I am so tired of insurance companies trying to control health care. F them and their "profit margins" anyway.
--- End quote ---

Sayeth Dorothy, the snobbish primitive, who recently went back to work in nursing so as to selfishly increase her own "profit margin."

USA4ME:

--- Quote from: ---tavalon

I would be happier to have the Government between me and my Doctor instead of Premera. At least they wouldn't have their profit margin first on their minds.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ---Mythsaje

It's a good illustration of the big disconnect...  

I'm far more concerned about people with a profit motive standing between us and our doctors than a government that doesn't have such a motive (and better not ever develop one).
--- End quote ---

And better not ever develop one?!?  And what are you going to do about it when they do?  Hey idiot, you wanted it, you got it.  Shut up and quit complaining your healthcare is being rationed, because now's your chance to be against this non-sense.  Don't come back later and complain if you don't do it now.

The belief that gov't won't drastically reduce the type of care received just because there's no profit incentive is the major lie the primitives aren't willing to accept.  And it's so simple to verify.  All one has to do is look at other gov'ts that have single payer and to see they've rationed away everything, including much of the basics we take for granted.

But, should it pass, it will give the primitives something new to gripe about when what they imagined and reality collide.

Carl:

--- Quote from: USA4ME on August 12, 2009, 04:46:27 PM ---And better not ever develop one?!?  And what are you going to do about it when they do?  Hey idiot, you wanted it, you got it.  Shut up and quit complaining your healthcare is being rationed, because now's your chance to be against this non-sense.  Don't come back later and complain if you don't do it now.

The belief that gov't won't drastically reduce the type of care received just because there's no profit incentive is the major lie the primitives aren't willing to accept.  And it's so simple to verify.  All one has to do is look at other gov'ts that have single payer and to see they've rationed away everything, including much of the basics we take for granted.

But, should it pass, it will give the primitives something new to gripe about when what they imagined and reality collide.

--- End quote ---

All they are thinking about is the notion that it releases them from being an employed member of productive society while letting them still enjoy the benefits of one.
What was has been the main desire of the hippy movement from the last 40 some years.
It can be summed up in their old slogan of "sex,drugs and rock and roll".
Living a Peter Pan life of no care or responsibility while someone else provides it for them.

AllosaursRus:

--- Quote ---I'm guessing they are soon going to refuse his epilepsy medicine. It's quite expensive and since he's autistic, he's unlikely to be very productive in society, so if he dies because they won't subsidize his medicine, what's the big deal, right? RIGHT!?!
--- End quote ---

Uh, a little too much acid while you were pregnant DUmbass????? I have a younger brother who contracted epilepsy from overdoing it! He's the dope smokin' hippie of the family. He's even had a "fit" while driving, yet they still renew his frikkin' drivers license every 5 years! Go figure! We don't communicate much. I never could understand self degrading behavior.

Chris_:
I smell  :bs:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version