Author Topic: Reid Ties Congress's Approval Rating to Bush  (Read 2285 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Reid Ties Congress's Approval Rating to Bush
« on: July 09, 2008, 09:24:23 AM »

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) today pointed to President Bush’s unpopularity as an explanation for Congress’s single-digit approval rating.

"Any time you have a president that is down so, so far in poll numbers, it drags down a city councilmember. It drags down any elected official, including us, and we recognize that," Reid said when asked about Congress’s rating.

Rasmussen reported today that Congress’s approval rating has slipped to 9 percent—down two percentage points from last month, and the first-ever single-digit rating for Congress in Rasmussen’s history.

Polls this month show Bush’s approval between 29 and 30 percent. But Reid said pollsters told him Bush’s rating is lower.

More at
LINK

Offline RobJohnson

Re: Reid Ties Congress's Approval Rating to Bush
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 09:37:59 AM »
You always have to blame someone.

LOL

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
But Reid said pollsters told him Bush’s rating is lower.

Liar.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »
right Harry....

couldn't have anything to do with yours and Big Nancy's abysmal leadership or anything like that...
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 11:39:59 AM »
You always have to blame someone.

LOL

But sometimes that person has to be what's staring back at you in the mirror.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 11:46:08 AM »
That explains it. ::) :whatever:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 11:48:40 AM »
Yeah.  Suuuuuure Harry.  President Bush has 3 TIMES the approval from the public that you witless wonders do, and HE'S DRAGGING YOU DOWN? 

Sounds to me like you're still operating under delusions of adequacy.  I'd get some meds for that if I were you.  People might think you were nuts.   :mental: :thatsright: :bird:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) today pointed to President Bush’s unpopularity as an explanation for Congress’s single-digit approval rating.

"Any time you have a president that is down so, so far in poll numbers, it drags down a city councilmember. It drags down any elected official, including us, and we recognize that," Reid said when asked about Congress’s rating.

Rasmussen reported today that Congress’s approval rating has slipped to 9 percent—down two percentage points from last month, and the first-ever single-digit rating for Congress in Rasmussen’s history.

Polls this month show Bush’s approval between 29 and 30 percent. But Reid said pollsters told him Bush’s rating is lower.

More at
LINK

Hey Harry read this:
Pelosi: ‘With Skyrocketing Gas Prices, Americans Can No Longer Afford Rubber Stamp Congress’
Monday, April 24, 2006

Washington, D.C. – House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi released the following statement today on President Bush’s, Speaker Hastert’s, and the Republican Congress’ empty rhetoric on gas prices. Key facts on the Majority's failure to address gas prices follows Pelosi’s statement.

With skyrocketing gas prices, it is clear that the American people can no longer afford the Republican Rubber Stamp Congress and its failure to stand up to Republican big oil and gas company cronies. Americans this week are paying $2.91 a gallon on average for regular gasoline – 33 cents higher than last month, and double the price than when President Bush first came to office.

“With record gas prices, record CEO pay packages, and record oil company profits, Speaker Hastert and the Majority Congress continue to give the American people empty rhetoric rather than join Democrats who are working to lower gas prices now.

“Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices by cracking down on price gouging, rolling back the billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies, tax breaks and royalty relief given to big oil and gas companies, and increasing production of alternative fuels.”

MORE

Gas price record reaches $4 a gallon
AAA's daily survey tops the milestone for the first time after a 1.7-cent rise. Lundberg survey nears $4 as well.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Gasoline rose to a milestone mark Sunday as the national average compiled by motorist group AAA reached $4 a gallon for the first time.

In a second survey, the average price came within 0.2 cent of $4 a gallon in the Lundberg Survey, which showed a 20-cent rise in the past three weeks to a new record.

The national average for regular unleaded rose 1.7 cents to $4.005, according the daily measure on the AAA's Web site. That surpassed the previous record of $3.989 set Thursday.
MORE

:fuelfire:

Offline Jim

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 11:58:38 AM »
whatever happened to the "rails" that frauds like Big Nancy and Harry used to get ridden out on ?

My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 05:49:06 PM »
 :lame:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 10:36:23 AM »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 11:35:11 AM »
If the GOP had any guts at all (and they don't), they'd come back with some witty retort like "Au contraire, we think it's the DEMOCRAT CONGRESS that's pulling the PRESIDENT down."
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 11:48:03 AM »
It has amazed me that, considering the negative press and the constant harping negatively of EVERYTHING the president does , he's not lost his mind and shot some of them dead. I would have by now, of bodily thrown a few out of the "White House" press corps. , after the appropriate beating by the Sec. Ser..

Anyway, the strength of our economy overcame the idiocy of the Congress these last sixteen years, but it had to catch up, and it has. The solution is to get rid of the BILLIONS and BILLIONS we spend on so called "entitlements" and various "departments" that are and always have been do nothing zero result entities, the DOEnergy and the DOEducation  both of which have produced nothing but  VERY EXPENXIVE negative results.   

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 11:54:57 AM »
It has amazed me that, considering the negative press and the constant harping negatively of EVERYTHING the president does , he's not lost his mind and shot some of them dead. I would have by now, of bodily thrown a few out of the "White House" press corps. , after the appropriate beating by the Sec. Ser..

Anyway, the strength of our economy overcame the idiocy of the Congress these last sixteen years, but it had to catch up, and it has. The solution is to get rid of the BILLIONS and BILLIONS we spend on so called "entitlements" and various "departments" that are and always have been do nothing zero result entities, the DOEnergy and the DOEducation  both of which have produced nothing but  VERY EXPENXIVE negative results.   

I still dream some nights of this actually coming to pass:
...So, for your entertainment, here is Retired Marine Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey at his first press conference. The main topic of discussion is the Marine in Iraq who shot the Iraq insurgent to death. We pick up as the reporter asks about how this potential war crime will affect our image in the world:

Ermey: "What kind of a pansy-assed question is that?"

Reporter 1: "Well I think...."

Ermey: "THINK, Nancy boy?! Get this through that septic tank on top of your shoulders, moron: I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME??? That Marine shot an ENEMY COMBATANT, SHITHEAD; SO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND DEAL WITH IT BEFORE I MAKE YOU MY OWN PERSONAL PIN CUSHION!!! Next question: You in the blue suit."

Reporter 2: Don't you think that the world's opinion of our operations is important?

Ermey: "Oh sure! You don't know the times I have cried myself to sleep worrying about what some *******ed French pansy thinks! Oh the days I have had to weep because some shit eating terrorist ****er might be mad at us, because we went into whatever god forsaken hole in the shit that he lives in and killed him. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF DUMBASS QUESTION IS THAT YOU PETER-PUFFING JACKASS?? WE ARE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND WHEN YOU ATTACK US, WE ARE GOING TO COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND BLOW YOUR STINKING CAMEL-LICKING CARCASS INTO PIECES SO SMALL WE WILL BE ABLE TO BURY YOUR SORRY ASS IN A THIMBLE!! YEAH, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING. YOU ARE PROBABLY AFRAID, THINKING THAT I HAVE SUCH AN "EXTREME" ATTITUDE AND THAT I NEED TO BE MORE SENSITIVE" TO OTHER PEOPLE'S FEELINGS. WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU POLE-SMOKING PANSY! I DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS WHAT YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE THINKS! THIS IS A DAMN WAR, AND IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT, THEN YOU SHOULD GO HOME AND SUCK ON MAMMA'S TIT!! DO YOU HEAR ME YOU RUNT?? NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY PRESS ROOM BEFORE I GO CRAZY AND BEAT THE LIVING sh*t OUT OF YOU!!! Next question: YOU WITH THE UGLY-ASSED TIE. LOOK AT THAT THING! IT IS HIDEOUS."

Reporter: 3: "Aren't you going against the freedom of the press by..."

Ermey: "FREEDOM?? WHAT IN BLUE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FREEDOM? I HAVE SWEATED MY ASS OFF IN JUNGLES, WHILE BEING SHOT AT FOR THIS NATION!! WHAT IN THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE YOU LITTLE shit-SUCKING WEASEL? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PUT YOUR ASS ON THE LINE FOR ANYTHING? AND YET YOU HAVE THE UNMITIGATED TEMERITY TO SHOW UP HERE AND MONDAY-MORNING QUARTERBACK THE ACTIONS OF A BRAVE MARINE, WHO WAS DEFENDING HIMSELF AND HIS UNIT FROM AN ATTACK BY SOME MURDEROUS AL-QUEDA SYMPATHIZER!!! YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT I AM CONCERNED ABOUT, NUMBNUTS? I AM CONCERNED ABOUT A BUNCH OF GRABASSTIC, ORGANIZED MORONS WITH CAMERAS AND MICROPHONES DOING THEIR BEST TO PORTRAY OUR BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN AS WAR CRIMINALS! I AM CONCERNED ABOUT CHICKEN-sh*t PANSIES THAT WANT US TO NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS AND WHINE ABOUT THEIR PISS-ANT "FREEDOMS"!!"

Reporter: 3: "I..."

Ermey: "DID YOU HAVE A BIG BOWL OF STUPID FOR BREAKFAST THIS MORNING, NUMBNUTS? I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD OUT OF THAT COMMIE CRY-HOLE IN THAT shit-PILE YOU CALL A HEAD! AND THAT GOES TRIPLE FOR THE REST OF YOU PANSY-ASSED MORONS! NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY PRESS ROOM BEFORE I SHOVE MY BOOT SO FAR UP YOUR ASS THAT YOU CHOKE TO DEATH ON MY SHOELACES!!!!"

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 02:15:11 PM »

Here's your headline...
"Reid thinks the American people are to dumb to know the difference between the POTUS and the congress."

I'll just hold my breath until the NYT leads with that one.  :whatever:

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 09:18:50 PM »
whatever happened to the "rails" that frauds like Big Nancy and Harry used to get ridden out on ?

They got rusty from lack of use by the people. Otherwise some of those fools would be in jail not sitting in office.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 10:49:45 AM »
This says a LOT:

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 10:54:52 AM »

They got rusty from lack of use by the people. Otherwise some of those fools would be in jail not sitting in office.

The "rails" that the line refers to are the kind that ol' "Honest Abe" used to split.  Full of splinters, and nice, uncomfortable corners and sharp edges, just perfect for telling that politician just how much you care.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 11:47:32 PM »
I still dream some nights of this actually coming to pass:
...So, for your entertainment, here is Retired Marine Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey at his first press conference. The main topic of discussion is the Marine in Iraq who shot the Iraq insurgent to death. We pick up as the reporter asks about how this potential war crime will affect our image in the world:

Ermey: "What kind of a pansy-assed question is that?"

Reporter 1: "Well I think...."

Ermey: "THINK, Nancy boy?! Get this through that septic tank on top of your shoulders, moron: I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME??? That Marine shot an ENEMY COMBATANT, SHITHEAD; SO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND DEAL WITH IT BEFORE I MAKE YOU MY OWN PERSONAL PIN CUSHION!!! Next question: You in the blue suit."

Reporter 2: Don't you think that the world's opinion of our operations is important?

Ermey: "Oh sure! You don't know the times I have cried myself to sleep worrying about what some *******ed French pansy thinks! Oh the days I have had to weep because some shit eating terrorist ****er might be mad at us, because we went into whatever god forsaken hole in the shit that he lives in and killed him. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF DUMBASS QUESTION IS THAT YOU PETER-PUFFING JACKASS?? WE ARE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND WHEN YOU ATTACK US, WE ARE GOING TO COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND BLOW YOUR STINKING CAMEL-LICKING CARCASS INTO PIECES SO SMALL WE WILL BE ABLE TO BURY YOUR SORRY ASS IN A THIMBLE!! YEAH, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING. YOU ARE PROBABLY AFRAID, THINKING THAT I HAVE SUCH AN "EXTREME" ATTITUDE AND THAT I NEED TO BE MORE SENSITIVE" TO OTHER PEOPLE'S FEELINGS. WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU POLE-SMOKING PANSY! I DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS WHAT YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE THINKS! THIS IS A DAMN WAR, AND IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT, THEN YOU SHOULD GO HOME AND SUCK ON MAMMA'S TIT!! DO YOU HEAR ME YOU RUNT?? NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY PRESS ROOM BEFORE I GO CRAZY AND BEAT THE LIVING sh*t OUT OF YOU!!! Next question: YOU WITH THE UGLY-ASSED TIE. LOOK AT THAT THING! IT IS HIDEOUS."

Reporter: 3: "Aren't you going against the freedom of the press by..."

Ermey: "FREEDOM?? WHAT IN BLUE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FREEDOM? I HAVE SWEATED MY ASS OFF IN JUNGLES, WHILE BEING SHOT AT FOR THIS NATION!! WHAT IN THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE YOU LITTLE shit-SUCKING WEASEL? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PUT YOUR ASS ON THE LINE FOR ANYTHING? AND YET YOU HAVE THE UNMITIGATED TEMERITY TO SHOW UP HERE AND MONDAY-MORNING QUARTERBACK THE ACTIONS OF A BRAVE MARINE, WHO WAS DEFENDING HIMSELF AND HIS UNIT FROM AN ATTACK BY SOME MURDEROUS AL-QUEDA SYMPATHIZER!!! YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT I AM CONCERNED ABOUT, NUMBNUTS? I AM CONCERNED ABOUT A BUNCH OF GRABASSTIC, ORGANIZED MORONS WITH CAMERAS AND MICROPHONES DOING THEIR BEST TO PORTRAY OUR BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN AS WAR CRIMINALS! I AM CONCERNED ABOUT CHICKEN-sh*t PANSIES THAT WANT US TO NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS AND WHINE ABOUT THEIR PISS-ANT "FREEDOMS"!!"

Reporter: 3: "I..."

Ermey: "DID YOU HAVE A BIG BOWL OF STUPID FOR BREAKFAST THIS MORNING, NUMBNUTS? I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD OUT OF THAT COMMIE CRY-HOLE IN THAT shit-PILE YOU CALL A HEAD! AND THAT GOES TRIPLE FOR THE REST OF YOU PANSY-ASSED MORONS! NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY PRESS ROOM BEFORE I SHOVE MY BOOT SO FAR UP YOUR ASS THAT YOU CHOKE TO DEATH ON MY SHOELACES!!!!"

Oh, that was beautiful.  It brought a tear to my eye....... :bow:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself