Author Topic: Solution To Border Control Problem; The Southern Border That Is  (Read 1689 times)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Let's use our weapons currently being used on honest decent hard working Americans, on illegal aliens...

Commentary By John Rocker Of Atlanta Braves Bullpen Fame
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline dixierose

Re: Solution To Border Control Problem; The Southern Border That Is
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:19:04 PM »
I follow Chipper Jones, and saw this tweet live:

“Y’all think if they took all them gators they trap in Fla and La and put them in the Rio Grande, it wud stop the illegals from crossing? Jk”

After a good laugh, I thought "what a heck of an idea...wish I would have thought of it."

I then saw Chipper apologize for an earlier tweet. I had no idea what he was apologizing for until I saw the backlash he got on Twitchy.com. People need to get a sense of humor...
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:26:50 PM »
I would pass a law that says any illegal working in the US can file a lawsuit against their employer for past wages less than community average plus 20% as well as all Workman's Comp claims and healthcare costs to be paid in a lump sum.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »
I would pass a law that says any illegal working in the US can file a lawsuit against their employer for past wages less than community average plus 20% as well as all Workman's Comp claims and healthcare costs to be paid in a lump sum.
Wouldn't we be subsidizing 2 intractable problems then ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 01:36:42 AM »
Wouldn't we be subsidizing 2 intractable problems then ?

Nope. We'd be nipping the demand for illegal workers right in the bud by playing to the innate greed self interest of the illegal. The moment they know that they can take the guy hiring the illegal to court, show the judge the pittance he paid them, and be automatically entitled to the regional prevailing wage plus 20% on top of that, the folks hiring the illegals all of a sudden would be a mite skittish about how much their cheap labor force might actually cost them.

Destroy the demand, and the supply will go away.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 03:40:52 AM »
Nope. We'd be nipping the demand for illegal workers right in the bud by playing to the innate greed self interest of the illegal. The moment they know that they can take the guy hiring the illegal to court, show the judge the pittance he paid them, and be automatically entitled to the regional prevailing wage plus 20% on top of that, the folks hiring the illegals all of a sudden would be a mite skittish about how much their cheap labor force might actually cost them.

I see that point, but what about the second problem ? You can't have a lawsuit without a John Edwards type sleazy lawyer. Their settlements, and awards would attract just the wrong kind of parasite, it seems to me.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 04:53:58 AM »
One word solution: Landmines.

I'm tired of playing footsie with people who break the law. Mine the border.

Offline Dori

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 11:43:44 AM »

All employees have to fill out an I-9 form.  The employer is not allowed to verify or copy any of the documents.  The employer is required by law to give the Feds (and some states) the employee's SS #.  You would think that would catch the illegals.  Of course a lot of them work under the table.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 11:51:04 AM »
All employees have to fill out an I-9 form.  The employer is not allowed to verify or copy any of the documents.  The employer is required by law to give the Feds (and some states) the employee's SS #.  You would think that would catch the illegals.  Of course a lot of them work under the table.

Dori dear, why do you think they're called ILLEGALS?  It's because the folks hiring them are either paying them cash under the table and dispensing with the verification docs altogether, or they falsify the verification documents - one of the ways identity theft is going through the roof. Though they disavow any knowledge of wrongdoing, these employers are culpable up to their scrawny little necks.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 03:48:46 PM »
One word solution: Landmines.

I'm tired of playing footsie with people who break the law. Mine the border.

Before you start planting them, see if you like this idea. Arm all the border patrol agents with paint guns. The ammo would be a phosphorescent paint. If any mange to slip away under cover of darkness they would shine like neon until they could ditch their clothes, and get a shower. As a bonus they might remember the welts from last time if they ever tried to repeat the process.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 04:08:11 PM »
I see that point, but what about the second problem ? You can't have a lawsuit without a John Edwards type sleazy lawyer. Their settlements, and awards would attract just the wrong kind of parasite, it seems to me.

You mean there are other types ?
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 10:01:57 PM »
I follow Chipper Jones, and saw this tweet live:

“Y’all think if they took all them gators they trap in Fla and La and put them in the Rio Grande, it wud stop the illegals from crossing? Jk”

After a good laugh, I thought "what a heck of an idea...wish I would have thought of it."

I then saw Chipper apologize for an earlier tweet. I had no idea what he was apologizing for until I saw the backlash he got on Twitchy.com. People need to get a sense of humor...

There are alligators in the Rio Grande.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 10:11:06 PM »

Have I considered it?

Sir, I'm positively counting on it.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 12:24:47 AM »
Have I considered it?

Sir, I'm positively counting on it.

So, If I were to project the most probable outcome, you would have a flood of illegals coming in to meet a flood of sleazy lawyers who would file a flood of nuisance suits, more and more of which would be without merit, loading down our immigration, courts, and businesses with frivolous lawsuits ? I don't see where that would effectively remedy the problem in the short or long run.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 05:14:25 PM »
So, If I were to project the most probable outcome, you would have a flood of illegals coming in to meet a flood of sleazy lawyers who would file a flood of nuisance suits, more and more of which would be without merit, loading down our immigration, courts, and businesses with frivolous lawsuits ? I don't see where that would effectively remedy the problem in the short or long run.

In the short run, you might be right. In the long run, the bunny's plan would take a jackhammer to the foundation of illegal immigration: the idea that they can come here and get a job paying cash at under minimum wage and the business gets cheap labor. If the business KNEW that this labor was no longer cheap (in fact, under Snug's plan, it would cost 20%, plus lawyer fees), the incentive to hire illegals goes away.
Couple that with making public assistance unavailable without at least a green card, and they'll self deport.

Offline Dori

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »
Big fireworks going on in the Senate over immigration

Reid Blocks Senate Vote on Border Security Amendment to Immigration Bill

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »
Big fireworks going on in the Senate over immigration

Reid Blocks Senate Vote on Border Security Amendment to Immigration Bill

Grassley was pushing for an up-or-down vote by the Senate on his amendment, which would have required the border to be secured for six full months before any legalization of illegal immigrants in America began.   

Democraps don't want the border secured, that's why this is all a charade.

Rubio had privately urged fellow Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) to remain quiet about her support for immigration reform, in hopes that Senate negotiators would amend the bill’s border security measures to win her vote, according to three sources, including one Republican Senate aide. Ayotte, a moderate-leaning New Hampshire Republican, decided nevertheless to announce her support for the measure on Sunday, becoming the first Republican outside of the group to back the reform legislation. 

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2013/06/11/rubio-told-ayotte-not-to-declare-support-for-gang-of-eight-bill-until-border-security-was-improved/

Just another liberal, what a waste.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 08:54:21 PM »
I'm all for the self deporting idea.
My idea would go a little farther.
any illegal alien caught up in any bureaucracy is immediately deported. Parking ticket, jaywalking, taxes, licenses, insurances, whatever. 1 strike and you're out.

edit carat and to add.
Chris beat me to the edit, but I don't think I changed the meaning of his comment.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:59:46 PM by obumazombie »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 08:55:46 PM »
^I'm all for the self deporting idea.
We didn't pay to import them, we shouldn't pay to deport them.

Cut off all benefits and jobs and start throwing the people who don't in jail.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
We didn't pay to import them, we shouldn't pay to deport them.

Cut off all benefits and jobs and start throwing the people who don't in jail.
A Mexican jail would be better.