Author Topic: "Baucus is Drunker Than a Skunk On The Senate Floor"  (Read 2377 times)

Offline megimoo

"Baucus is Drunker Than a Skunk On The Senate Floor"
« on: December 26, 2009, 03:30:10 PM »
Senator Max Baucus Drunk / Intoxicated on Senate Floor - Shouts Down Wicker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Y9X5ggxzA&sns=fb
Baucus is drunker than a skunk, but I'm just as upset as him railing on the Republicans not being "Bi-Partisan" on healthcare. Other than that, funny (and sad sad sad) stuff.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2415423/posts

Offline Wayne

Re: "Baucus is Drunker Than a Skunk On The Senate Floor"
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 03:42:41 PM »
  He's a liar too!

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 03:43:45 PM »
  He's a liar too!

And his mama dresses him funny.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Wayne

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 03:48:59 PM »
  And his girl friend is ug........oh......wait.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 04:10:43 PM »
There is no courage on the republican side or someone would have stood up and and said Sir, are you drunk or just stupid!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 07:03:19 PM »
There is no courage on the republican side or someone would have stood up and and said Sir, are you drunk or just stupid or both.

FIFY

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 07:03:48 AM »
Someone had to take Dead Ted's place as "Most Snockered".
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 07:41:47 AM »
There is no courage on the republican side or someone would have stood up and and said Sir, are you drunk or just stupid!

Lack of courage? More like showing the class and respect that the Democrats sorely lack.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline bkg

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 11:41:25 AM »
Lack of courage? More like showing the class and respect that the Democrats sorely lack.

I agree with the lack of courage perspective. Just like they've been very weak at presenting solutions for healthcare, inexpensive energy, etc, etc. Cowardace.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »
I agree with the lack of courage perspective. Just like they've been very weak at presenting solutions for healthcare, inexpensive energy, etc, etc. Cowardace.

Given the current state of the Media today...you you honestly think would get coverage...then would it get accurate coverage...and finally would it get quoted accurately?

No to all of the above.

And besides...IMHO this is one of those things that the GOP is probably equally guilty of at some point and it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline bkg

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 12:06:02 PM »
Given the current state of the Media today...you you honestly think would get coverage...then would it get accurate coverage...and finally would it get quoted accurately?

No to all of the above.

And besides...IMHO this is one of those things that the GOP is probably equally guilty of at some point and it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Agree with all of the above. The media will convict the GOP and priase the DNC. Agree on that 100%. But sometimes courage means doing the right thing regardless of outcome. If we don't do the right thing because of fears of how it will be covered by the media, who will the right thing ever be done? Not sure how to answer that, other than to agree with your last statement. At the same time, maybe it's time to bring all indiscretions to the surface and clean house?

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 05:49:27 PM »
Best comment I heard on this: Baucus is channeling the spirit of Ted Kennedy for his healthcare reform effort.

:-)
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ladywinter

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »
OMG! 

Just getting past his DNA flying all over that podium while he slurred and spit his way through that rant, was painful enough to watch -  realizing that this is just one of the many idiots we "pay" to run our government makes me want to :banghead:!! 
Exit Strategy...

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »
OMG!  

Just getting past his DNA flying all over that podium while he slurred and spit his way through that rant, was painful enough to watch -  realizing that this is just one of the many idiots we "pay" to run our government makes me want to :banghead:!!  

Yeah, it was pretty disgusting. But I'm sure it's not the first time that a senator has addressed his colleagues on the floor completely in his cups.

Here's a recent example of a state senator from Taxachusetts who can't seem to stay off the sauce, even when he's under house arrest (from the Wall Street Journal):

State Senator Under House Arrest After Alcohol Test

BOSTON -- A Massachusetts state senator who claims his toothpastes caused him to test positive in an alcohol screening days after he began probation has been placed under 24-hour house arrest.

A judge on Wednesday ordered Sen. Anthony Galluccio to stay in his house at all times. For now, he can't attend Senate sessions, which he had been allowed to do under previous terms of his home confinement.

The Cambridge Democrat pleaded guilty last week to leaving the scene of an Oct. 4 accident that caused minor injuries to a father and his 13-year-old son.

Mr. Galluccio is due back in court Jan. 4. If a judge finds that he violated his probation, he could go to jail for up to a year.

Mr. Galluccio said he obeyed an order to abstain from alcohol and blames the positive readings on sorbitol, a sugar alcohol found in toothpastes.

Drunk on Duty Again
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 06:38:07 PM by Eupher »
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ladywinter

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 06:45:51 PM »
His TOOTHPASTE!?!  Oh, pleassse....

Mr. Galluccio needs to come up with a better one than that - or I see 1 long year in the slammer for this chump.
Exit Strategy...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 10:21:55 AM »
On his Facebook page, former congressman Mark Foley commented on the video: "This is the senator that hired his staffer and then took her on trips...and divorced his wife....and they had me run out of town."

http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0912/baucuss_speech_under_conservative_fire.html

:lmao:

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 02:57:07 PM »
Politico Blows It On Progressive's Hit On Mad Max Baucus

Politico claims conservatives are now targeting Max Baucus for appearing to be drunk on the Senate floor. Video also here via Instapundit.

Look at the video, Politico. It's via Think Progress. And I sent it out discreetly to three top right-side bloggers on the 26th it was so obvious. I didn't touch it, then, neither did they. It's Progressive payback for health care you dopes. I thought you knew Washington, DC?

Get a clue. This hit didn't start with the Right. It came from the far Left, most likely for his role in the health care debate. It was inevitable it would get picked up by the Right. But we didn't generate the video, obviously. Doh!
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2009/12/politico-blows-it-on-progressives-hit-on-mad-max-baucus.html

:rotf:

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »
The left is better at fighting dirty.

Of course they are; as enveloped in the warm glow of the Dark Side as they are, it's as natural as breathing to them. 

We - the good men and women of the World - on the other hand, are reduced to pathetic immitation and aping of their actions.  Leaves us at a disadvantage.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus