Author Topic: OBAMA SUGGESTS GOP WILL USE RACE TO SCARE VOTERS  (Read 15146 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
OBAMA SUGGESTS GOP WILL USE RACE TO SCARE VOTERS
« on: June 21, 2008, 11:34:28 AM »
Barack Obama told a group of Florida donors Friday night that Republicans will try to make voters afraid of him, and suggested they would use his race to scare up votes for John McCain.

Apparently girding for a nasty general election fight, the Illinois senator has in recent days predicted that independent GOP groups are waiting in the wings to attack him, and said his presumptive GOP rival is already “fear-mongering” when it comes to foreign policy.

But his comments Friday night in Jacksonville, Fla., seemed to reflect elevated concerns that his campaign to be the first black president would run headlong into political race baiters.

“We know what kind of campaign they’re going to run. They’re going to try to make you afraid,” Obama said at the fundraiser. “They’re going to try to make you afraid of me. He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black? He’s got a feisty wife.”

The crowd of supporters cheered, and Obama added: “We know the strategy because they’ve already shown their cards. Ultimately I think the American people recognize that old stuff hasn’t moved us forward. That old stuff just divides us.”

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/21/obama-suggests-gop-will-use-race-to-scare-voters/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: OBAMA SUGGESTS GOP WILL USE RACE TO SCARE VOTERS
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »
Nothing like a little reverse racism mixed with a dose of traditional Democrat party fear mongering.

This is the "change" he talks about?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »
Fear mongering is the Dem. long suit. Willy Horton was brought to light by a DEMOCRAT. Further, considerintg what "ol Willy did while on leave from prision, it was underplayed.

I remember democrats saying that Rep's wanted to end social security, welfare, "hot lunch", deny medical treatmen5t rto the indigent, cut Vets. beneits, make SrS. CHOSE BETWEEN MEDS. AND food, and that's just the tip of the Dem. propaganda iceberg.

Actually, we'd like to see some POSITIVE results, (war on poverty 11 trillion spent, why is anyone still poor?) for the money WE give to government?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:09:34 PM »
He's so audacious!  :whatever: Way to go Fast Eddie.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »
John Wayne Gacy: White
Hitler: White
Obama: ½ White! Run for your f cking lives! Crazy white guy!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 01:16:53 PM »
Yeah cause the conservatives are the ones threatening to riot and start a revolution if Obama doesn't get elected. :whatever:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 01:18:28 PM »
Fear mongering is the Dem. long suit. Willy Horton was brought to light by a DEMOCRAT. Further, considerintg what "ol Willy did while on leave from prision, it was underplayed.

I remember democrats saying that Rep's wanted to end social security, welfare, "hot lunch", deny medical treatmen5t rto the indigent, cut Vets. beneits, make SrS. CHOSE BETWEEN MEDS. AND food, and that's just the tip of the Dem. propaganda iceberg.

Actually, we'd like to see some POSITIVE results, (war on poverty 11 trillion spent, why is anyone still poor?) for the money WE give to government?

Fred Thompson was on Hannity and Colmes the other day.  Fred said that the main source of the rumors that Obama is a Muslim is coming from the Democrats.  Stupid Colmes was saying something about that guy (Brown?) and the Willie Horton ad and Fred said, "I didn't know Brown worked for Al Gore".  :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 01:19:59 PM »

Fred Thompson was on Hannity and Colmes the other day.  Fred said that the main source of the rumors that Obama is a Muslim is coming from the Democrats.  Stupid Colmes was saying something about that guy (Brown?) and the Willie Horton ad and Fred said, "I didn't know Brown worked for Al Gore".  :-)

I googled it right after I posted.  I found it here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,369521,00.html

COLMES: All right. Let me ask you about the ad. We just played a little clip of that. And, you know, if you're constantly besieged by rumors that you're a Muslim, rumors that you're not truly an American, called anti-American, what do you think of that response in terms of the ad we just showed?

THOMPSON: You know, the only people that I have heard mention those - - those rumors and those comments have been from the Obama campaign.

COLMES: No, no. You don't read the same sites I read.

THOMPSON: I'm not saying — well, I'm sure you read a lot more sites than I do. But, you know, as someone who follows — it's just kind of interesting. I'm not saying that somebody's not out there, but they are promoting the dickens out of this thing. I mean, they — they have — they have highlighted these things, and they talk about it a lot. And then they shoot it down, of course.

But, you know, I would be interested in seeing, besides them, you know, exactly what people are doing out there.

COLMES: Well, I can tell you specifically, for example, that Floyd Brown, the guy who did the Willie Horton ad, is trying to raise money by trying to make viral a YouTube offering asking the question is Barack Obama a Muslim, and he's claiming that Barack is because he was born Muslim, because his father allegedly was.

So you've got Floyd Brown out there, certainly, trying to raise money on the right to promote this false idea.

THOMPSON: He did the Willie Horton ad?

COLMES: Yes.

THOMPSON: I didn't know he worked for Al Gore.

COLMES: That's very funny. As you know, Al Gore didn't mention Willie Horton. He mentioned the furlough release program. Not important by name, but I'm sure you know that to be true.

THOMPSON: OK, OK. All right.

COLMES: A nice little dig there. What campaign is this? This is 2008 one, isn't it? Is that the one we're talking about?

THOMPSON: Oh, you have such a short memory.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 01:27:40 PM »
I love my Freddie :-) and I can't stand Skeltor Colmes.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 04:42:46 PM »
I will not vote for Obama because he is black.
In words that liberals cannot comprehend, just because Obama is black does not dictate I will vote for him.
Obama tossing out this rhetoric at this time shows HIM to be the racist here and unlike the left in this nation, I will not be "guilted" into voting for him because of some slavery that happened long before I was born.
Screw you Obama and the train full of racist pigs you rode in with.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 07:27:19 PM »
There are plenty of reasons to not vote for Barry,

What has he done while in the Senate for the state of Illinois? He seems to be talking a good game about hope and change but so far all I see is the same old Democrat run state thats just as corrupt and bad as ever.

He has no foriegn policy experiance at all. Anyone that wants to use Winnie The Pooh as a guideline and not John Wayne or Winston Churchill needs to go back to school because he has FAILED to learn from history.

Just what are his policies? Has he even lais out one plan that would realistcally bring oil prices and the housing market under control? NO he just sits behind his podium and repetes Democrat talking points. They said Bush is an idiot,if thats true then I wouldn't be holding Barry up as a shining example on economics.

Face it people Barry is about as experianced as a 6th grade debating team when it comes to running for President. There's not alot to like about McCain but damn, at least he'll know when to pull the trigger on some asshat with a bomb and a plan to use it. I won't vote for McCain but I will be voting for the Senators and Congressmen here that will be more likely to push though a conservative agenda like we have needed for a long time.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »

What has he done while in the Senate for the state of Illinois? He seems to be talking a good game about hope and change but so far all I see is the same old Democrat run state thats just as corrupt and bad as ever.

He has no foriegn policy experiance at all. Anyone that wants to use Winnie The Pooh as a guideline and not John Wayne or Winston Churchill needs to go back to school because he has FAILED to learn from history.

Just what are his policies? Has he even lais out one plan that would realistcally bring oil prices and the housing market under control? NO he just sits behind his podium and repetes Democrat talking points. They said Bush is an idiot,if thats true then I wouldn't be holding Barry up as a shining example on economics.

Face it people Barry is about as experianced as a 6th grade debating team when it comes to running for President. There's not alot to like about McCain but damn, at least he'll know when to pull the trigger on some asshat with a bomb and a plan to use it. I won't vote for McCain but I will be voting for the Senators and Congressmen here that will be more likely to push though a conservative agenda like we have needed for a long time.

thank you for being another that will ensure that Barry is the next President of the United States
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 08:24:33 PM »

thank you for being another that will ensure that Barry is the next President of the United States

The perfect is the enemy of the good. And the ally of the evil.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 08:28:26 PM »
From the little I can remember from 1988, it WAS Paul Tsongas that first used Willie Horton in a primary against Dukakis. Now, Barack Hussein Obama is accusing the GOP for being "racists" for something that hasn't even happened yet, never will?

I'm sick and tired of his race-baiting. I'm sick and tired of him.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »

HEH.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 09:23:44 PM »
From the little I can remember from 1988, it WAS Paul Tsongas that first used Willie Horton in a primary against Dukakis. Now, Barack Hussein Obama is accusing the GOP for being "racists" for something that hasn't even happened yet, never will?

I'm sick and tired of his race-baiting. I'm sick and tired of him.

Nilla Please  :innocent:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 09:41:01 PM »
And yet what he and his most diabetic coma-induced Kool-Aid drinking minions don't realize is that when he utters statements like these, people who are sitting on the fence jump off, and not in his direction.

Bradley Effect or no, polls are meaningless this election season.  More so given the fact that people 1--don't want Carter-lite, 2--don't like his message on defense, energy, or taxes, 3--he's going to say 1000 stupid things when the cameras are off or he doesn't have a prepared statement for every time he says "HOPE" or "CHANGE".
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 10:29:11 PM »
Yeah cause the conservatives are the ones threatening to riot and start a revolution if Obama doesn't get elected. :whatever:

Maybe what whites should do is a work stoppage along the lines of Shar[pay]ton has been calling for.  Since more whites work than blacks, the effect on the economy would definitely get someones attention.

Lets not forget the infamous NAACP ad depicting the dragging death of a black man during President Bush's run for the presidency - no racism there, now was there?  Then they couldn't even bring themselves to tell the whole story about Bush's actions as governor -- all they wanted was to push that bull$hit about "hate crime laws".
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline rich_t

• TANSTAAFL
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 10:52:41 PM »

People that vote for a person just because they have a certain initial behind their name, are part of the reason why the country is so **cked up to begin with IMO.

There ain't a damn thing wrong with NOT voting for a person that you feel does not and will not represent you and your views.

I may or may not vote for McCain in November (I am currently leaning toward not).  I certainly won't be brow beaten into it by such comments as above.
"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of 'liberalism,' they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." --Norman Thomas, 1944

Offline Jim

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »
BHO has been gaming the race card since he got into CHi-town politics and has not let up one bit through this presidential campaign.

Fact is the right does not have to care about race one bit as the guy is a walking talking disaster par excellence.

Besides, its the donkey's that seem to take issue with his race...
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 12:21:48 AM »

I may or may not vote for McCain in November (I am currently leaning toward not).  I certainly won't be brow beaten into it by such comments as above.

I don't like McCain either but I will vote for him because the security of the nation and lowering taxes are my #1 and #2 priorities. If Obama is elected, I fear that another terrorist attack like 9/11 or one greater is eminent.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 06:55:39 AM »

People that vote for a person just because they have a certain initial behind their name, are part of the reason why the country is so **cked up to begin with IMO.

There ain't a damn thing wrong with NOT voting for a person that you feel does not and will not represent you and your views.

No kidding...................and I can thank every damn person who didn't vote against Obama for helping get elected. There's no brow beating going on.

It's a free country do what you like, but come November and Obama is elected and you choose not to vote on the President.............Please do not complain about a damn thing that's all I will ask.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 12:47:54 PM »

Your welcome.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 01:44:21 PM »
I am not voting for Barack Obama for many reasons. It is not about race. We already had a Black president. Well, he was 1/16 Black, Warren G. Harding. Obama is all talk, no substance. Also he is running is campaign like what Jimmy Carter did in 1976. Carter portrayed himself as an outsider, like Obama is doing. Both seem to have a mantra for change. In addition, they are running when the economy is in a weakened state. Also, both like to talk about how religious they are.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 02:25:51 PM »
Once upon a time I decided I would not vote for McCain. I can't stand McCain and his policy of amnesty. I can't stand Barrack and his anti-American racist policy even more. So I am going to cast a vote for McCain just so the facist/marxist/socialist can go back to Chicargo and sit in Rev. Wrights pews once again.  :tongue: on socialism.

Points against Brock.
Che image on his campaign office wall
not wearing a flag pin
not being willing to cross his heart during the pledge
Rev. Wright
Rev. Mr. Catholic somebody
Bill Ayeres
Tony Resko
His bill vowing to fight Global Poverty which will cost us 850 BILLION Dollars
His wife
The Kennedy connection (just as bad as the good Rev Wright in my opinion.)
I feel sorry for his typical white granny
He dosen't care that gas is over $4 a gallon, he just wishes it had not come so suddenly, he thinks we should have been eased into it
He dosen't want us to be cool, or to eat until we are full
he thinks white people in small towns are bitter bible hugging, gun toting rednecks

I know there is more, but this is more than enough. and ya know what makes me wanna hurl? the left wing liberal lunatics forgive him all of the above.