Author Topic: IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups  (Read 7759 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Re: IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2013, 11:51:19 AM »
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Dori

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2013, 12:45:41 PM »
The hearing on the IRS I think ended for the day, but it's not over.  A lot more to find out.

There were only two witnesses, the investigator that realeased the report last week, and Miller, the acting IRS commissar,  who was in charge of the unit under investigation.  He was very unprepared, evasive and didn't answer a lot questions satisfactorily or answered that he didn't know.  In other words, a lot of stone walling going on.  

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »
Did Obama’s IRS also harass pro-life groups?

Chicago’s Thomas More Society reported first dealing with IRS concerns from pro-life groups as early as 2009.

When the Coalition for Life of Iowa sought tax exemption status in 2009, the IRS sought details about the content of members’ prayers at a Planned Parenthood facility.  They also demanded that the group refrain both from activities that could be construed as protesting or picketing by police, and to cease activities that could be seen as confrontational or harassing by abortion-seeking clients.

Thomas More Society said the IRS insisted that “every member of the board of directors of the Coalition sign a statement, under penalty of perjury, that they will not picket or protest or organize others to picket or protest outside of Planned Parenthood.”

Soon after the unprecedented demands were made, the Chicago-based public interest law firm made the legal challenge on behalf of the Cedar Rapids, Iowa-based group. Shortly thereafter, the IRS backed off and the group was granted 501(c)3 status.
Illinois Review
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2013, 03:04:20 PM »
I hope they put that bitch who's now in charge of running the IRS 0bamacare division!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2013, 06:46:57 AM »
When was this testimony taken? Or more precisely, when is Miller's resignation as acting commissioner of IRS effective?

At this point, Miller has nothing to lose by stonewalling and otherwise making Ryan's job difficult. Yet he does attempt to do so. Why do these bureaucrat ****sticks -- from EITHER side of the ****ing aisle -- refuse to answer questions without deflection, obfuscation, and flat-out lies when they can get away with it?

"I answered the question truthfully," Miller said.

**** you, Miller. You wouldn't recognize the truth if it crawled up your ass and died.  :rant: :banghead: :mad: :censored:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »
Some of the IRS's questions:

"Please detail the content of your prayers."

Are you freaking kidding me?????

link
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Dori

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2013, 09:39:51 AM »
When was this testimony taken? Or more precisely, when is Miller's resignation as acting commissioner of IRS effective?

At this point, Miller has nothing to lose by stonewalling and otherwise making Ryan's job difficult. Yet he does attempt to do so. Why do these bureaucrat ****sticks -- from EITHER side of the ****ing aisle -- refuse to answer questions without deflection, obfuscation, and flat-out lies when they can get away with it?

"I answered the question truthfully," Miller said.

**** you, Miller. You wouldn't recognize the truth if it crawled up your ass and died.  :rant: :banghead: :mad: :censored:

This morning on FOX, Huckabee said re; Miller was; "the only thing worse than his incompetence, was his arrogant, beligerant contempt of the American people and the constitutional rights that all of us have"   he also said his performance was "repulsive" and "the next time we see Steven Miller ought to be a perp walk".

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline CG6468

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »
IRS Says Release Of Groups’ Materials To ProPublica Was ‘Inadvertent And Unintentional'

ERIC LACH 6:27 PM EDT, FRIDAY MAY 17, 2013

The Internal Revenue Service on Friday issued a statement to ProPublica saying that the agency's release of pending confidential tax-exempt applications from conservative groups last year had been found to be "inadvertent and unintentional disclosures by the employees involved.”

In the statement, the IRS said the cases had been referred to and reviewed by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.

Uh-huh. Right...
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »
I doubt we will see any prosecutions of the IRS by this administration. Bullying works for them and will continue.

and only a fool will think this won't happen in Obamacare. "Need a life saving operation? Lets see, you're a registered Republican...Nope. Not for you."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:01:10 PM by Mr Mannn »

Online Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2013, 10:49:36 AM »
Uh oh...

Obama Met With IRS Union Chief the Day Before Agency Started Targeting Conservatives

Offline thundley4

« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2013, 11:50:09 AM »
Uh oh...

Obama Met With IRS Union Chief the Day Before Agency Started Targeting Conservatives

Pure coincidence, nothing to see here, move along.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2013, 11:52:33 AM »
Pure coincidence, nothing to see here, move along.
Just like all those White House visits by Bill Ayers and all the other characters they didn't want us to see.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2013, 12:18:35 PM »
Just to whom or what entity did all of the stolen information go?

Offline Dori

« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »
Just to whom or what entity did all of the stolen information go?

Not sure what you mean by stolen?  There is a report about Romney donor names being given to a liberal political org. who published their names, which was against the law.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »
Not sure what you mean by stolen?  There is a report about Romney donor names being given to a liberal political org. who published their names, which was against the law.

Correction. IS against the law, nothing past tense about it. In an actual republic under the rule of law, a special prosecutor would be appointed to look into these things, but apparently we are now a dictatorship where one man can tell us he knew nothing about anything, but that it was legal, and irrelevant.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2013, 03:02:25 PM »

The illegally gathered documents, such as all of those IRS and other records.

Offline Dori

« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »
I'm listening to the congressional hearing on FOX Nation (internet) re; the IRS scandal.

It's been pretty interesting and informative

The House of Ways and Means committee is interviewing 6 different conservative groups inc; Tea Party, pro-traditional marriage and pro-life orgs. targeted by the IRS.

Lot's of issues coming to light.  The pro traditional marriage guy is a lawyer and has taken on a couple of liberal democrat congressmen to their embarrassment.   :-)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2013, 01:07:48 PM »

SHAME: Dem Congressman Blames Conservatives for Bringing IRS Scrutiny Onto Themselves

Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA.) drew the ire of Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) when he argued that the targeting by the IRS was not based on politics, but was an effort to make sure that a status meant for charities was not being abused by political organizations. 

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/06/04/shame-dem-congressman-blames-conservatives-bringing-irs-scrutiny-themselves

Democrats.........Jack booted thugs.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne