Author Topic: US ambassador to Libya and 3 embassy staff members reportedly killed in Libya  (Read 13215 times)

Offline FaC

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/12/us-ambassador-to-libya-and-3-embassy-staff-members-reportedly-killed-in-libya/

The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other embassy staff members were reportedly killed Tuesday in an attack on the Libyan city of Benghazi, Reuters reports citing a Libyan official.

"The American ambassador and three staff members were killed when gunmen fired rockets at them,'' the official in Benghazi told Reuters.

Spokeswoman Victoria Nuland tells Fox News they have no information on the report at the moment. The U.S. Embassy in Tripoli says they can only confirm there was an attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi and one State Department employee was killed, which Secretary of State Clinton said in a statement Tuesday.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
We are now beginning to see the real results of the "Arab Spring".  And it's not gonna be pretty.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens was appointed Ambassador to Libya in May.

Nothing in his bio about a family that I could find.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
We are now beginning to see the real results of the "Arab Spring".  And it's not gonna be pretty.

Not to mention . . . what happens if when those results happen here?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Kyle Ricky

obama will be doing another apology tour here soon....He says the Arab Spring and Muslim Brother Hood are great things, and that we should 'Sympathize with them'....And he is refusing to meet with Bibi. Try to tell me again that he isn't a Muslim.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Gah this just upsets me so much that our own president doesn't have our own American's back.  

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
obama will be doing another apology tour here soon....He says the Arab Spring and Muslim Brother Hood are great things, and that we should 'Sympathize with them'....And he is refusing to meet with Bibi. Try to tell me again that he isn't a Muslim.

Twitchy already caught the government deleting tweets it sent out apologizing to the Egyptians about the movie.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:57:53 AM by txradioguy »

Offline BlueStateSaint

Gah this just upsets me so much that our own president doesn't have our own American's back.  

Hopefully, this is his "Iranian Hostage Crisis."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Hopefully, this is his "Iranian Hostage Crisis."

You s'pose Mitt Romney can fly to Paris in a SR-71 to ask the muzzie reps to keep this up until he's inaugurated?  Oh wait, that's Paul Ryan's job, isn't it... [/sarc] :tinfoil2:

Rest in peace, Ambassador Stevens.  You deserved far better than this.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
So we throw our ally Israel under the bus, we kiss up to the Muslim Brotherhood when they overthrow our ally Egypt, and this happens? stop all aid to the middle east, screw them.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: US ambassador to Libya and 3 embassy staff members reportedly killed in Libya
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 08:42:22 AM »
So we throw our ally Israel under the bus, we kiss up to the Muslim Brotherhood when they overthrow our ally Egypt, and this happens? stop all aid to the middle east, screw them.

Egypt wants to buy German subs? I say, we send Israel some surplus 726-class boats come January 21st, President Romney.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BlueStateSaint

Re: US ambassador to Libya and 3 embassy staff members reportedly killed in Libya
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »
Egypt wants to buy German subs? I say, we send Israel some surplus 726-class boats come January 21st, President Romney.

The Israeli Navy already has Type 209s.

Chase her.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 08:55:38 AM »
What is very telling is that Barack Hussein Obama has never said a word. He just continues to campaign. Mitt Romney condemned the attacks.

Maybe this will be to Obama what the Iranian hostage crisis was to Carter.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »
Al-Sharef said two U.S. Marines sent to Benghazi when the clash erupted were shot and killed by the well-armed protesters. It was not immediately clear whether the Marines were part of Stevens' security detail. The American whose death was confirmed on Tuesday also died of a gunshot wound. He was identified by the State Department on Wednesday as Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57511043/libya-assault-on-u.s-consulate-in-benghazi-leaves-4-dead-including-u.s-ambassador-j-christopher-stevens/?tag=socsh
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 09:04:02 AM »
The Israeli Navy already has Type 209s.

Attack boats are fine and dandy if your threat is another submarine.  In this case, submarines are merely the tool, and an ancillary one at that.  The core threat to western civilization are the radical moose-limb states that the SCOAMF in Chief have built up around Israel. You can't keep those threats in check with attack boats.  Boomers are the counter of choice, here.  Hence the reason I suggested the 'surplus' 726-class (Ohio class) boats.
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
Does it not seem odd that this all went down on 9/11.  Were they just using that stupid movie as an excuse? 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 09:08:44 AM »
Does it not seem odd that this all went down on 9/11.  Were they just using that stupid movie as an excuse?

No doubt this was planned in advance, using our free speech as a root for their rage though.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:19:37 AM by Ballygrl »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 09:13:41 AM »

Hannity covered this last night, QUITE well.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 09:31:35 AM »

Hannity covered this last night, QUITE well.

Ya know, we're average "Joe Sixpack" type Americans.  We expect the ReichsMessiah to not have our back.  Ambassador Stevens was APPOINTED BY THE GOD DAMNED SCOAMF IN CHEIF; Why, by all that's Holy, wouldn't Dear Leader have the *******ed back of his own *******ed political appointee?!?!?  :banghead:
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »
And Obama goes to Vegas and schedules Letterman in response. When will this Man ever figure out it's time to react. Three carriers in the region, Alpha strikes would be an appropriate initial response. These monsters need to finally feel the big stick.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »
And Obama goes to Vegas and schedules Letterman in response. When will this Man ever figure out it's time to react. Three carriers in the region, Alpha strikes would be an appropriate initial response. These monsters need to finally feel the big stick.

As long as they're followed up with Arc Light strikes.

D6, those Israeli Type 209s have Israeli-designed nuclear cruise missiles on them.  A sizeable portion of the Israeli nuclear deterrent.

Chase her.

Offline ironhorsedriver

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »
For the second time in as many weeks, the State Department has contradicted President Barack Obama, as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton re-affirmed the apologetic stance disavowed earlier this evening by the White House in reacting to the storming of the U.S. embassy in Cairo by a mob of radical Egyptian Al Qaeda sympathizers on the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

Instead, Clinton reiterates an apology issued earlier today by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo--now deleted--which said: "We condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims."
Breitbart

What the **** are these idiots doing now?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.