Author Topic: Supreme Court upholds Obama health care law  (Read 17615 times)

Offline BigTex

Re: Supreme Court upholds Obama health care law
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:53 AM »
Im not sure whats worse the ACA or that the SCOTUS can now rewrite laws
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »
My understanding (And someone please correct me if I am wrong) is that the states can opt out. But you will still be paying the tax for it.
But the Court said you don't have to.

What a ****ing mess.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:16 AM »
Roberts is a genius. He may be smarter than Rove. He preserved the Constitution. Then, he ensured a Republican victory.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline dixierose

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:34 AM »
I worked last night and stayed up to hear this travesty. I'm a literally sick to my stomach. And I am also the most pissed off I've been in YEARS. I'm with y'all....it was a great country while it lasted. And what about people who work at small businesses that can't afford insurance? Will THEY get taxed? This SUX.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:54 AM »
Yup.  The guy who claimed he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone making over 200K just raised taxes on all of us.  And by doing so he just flushed what little momentum the economy had.

It's GWB's fault

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »

What a ****ing mess.

yeah, I saw that too. Let's see the people get out of paying for the tax much like we all get out of paying for other taxes. Last I checked you'll have the IRS crawling up your ass if you opt out of damn tax that you are expected to pay. Cluster**** has finally found it's ultimate meaning n this.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »
I worked last night and stayed up to hear this travesty. I'm a literally sick to my stomach. And I am also the most pissed off I've been in YEARS. I'm with y'all....it was a great country while it lasted. And what about people who work at small businesses that can't afford insurance? Will THEY get taxed? This SUX.

That's an affirmative. I'm sure they will find some way to tax both the employee and the employer much like fica too...Ain't this great?  :banghead:

Offline dixierose

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 09:44:31 AM »
There goes the jobs. I don't see why any business would hire anyone now....
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 09:45:39 AM »
It's GWB's fault

It will be...give them time!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »
yeah, I saw that too. Let's see the people get out of paying for the tax much like we all get out of paying for other taxes. Last I checked you'll have the IRS crawling up your ass if you opt out of damn tax that you are expected to pay. Cluster**** has finally found it's ultimate meaning n this.
Yep.

Wait until the IRS starts witholding Sheniqua and Trayshawn's EIC payments to cover their Obamacare "tax".  The hood rats will be pissed.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 09:46:22 AM »

What a ****ing mess.

It is beyond a mess. It will take months to figure this out.

Roberts is a genius. He may be smarter than Rove. He preserved the Constitution. Then, he ensured a Republican victory.

I didn't think of it that way. I wonder if that is what he was thinking?

I was going watch MSNBC to see what they are saying about this, but I'm not in the mood to see all the Obama hats and Baloons that say how great he is.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »

Pretty much...that "woosh" you hear is what little momentum our economy had getting flushed.

Unless of course Obama decides now he can "mandate" that employers hire people...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 09:47:41 AM »

It gets worse.  Companies now see that they can just shitcan everyone's insurance and simply pay the tax/whatever you want to call it and shove people out into the cold.  It saves them a shitload of money, and leaves people who are higher risk well and truly ****ed.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »
Yep.

Wait until the IRS starts witholding Sheniqua and Trayshawn's EIC payments to cover their Obamacare "tax".  The hood rats will be pissed.

See that's who won't be affected. They will get some kind of EITC to cover this shit. It will be the middle class who will be dragged further down to the level of hood rats financially. Actually worse. That was the point of my screed earlier about at which point to good people have to throw in the towel because their family is screwed either way and they are giving hours of their lives away to the losers among us?  :banghead:

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 09:47:53 AM »
It will be...give them time!

They are actually blaming the Heritage Foundation for it.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 09:48:42 AM »
We can expect the stock market and new business's to head into the shitter. This is a horrible job killing bill. This sure as hell will not lower the unemployment figures.

Obama can crow all he wants about this victory but in the long run it is going to be a negative in Nov.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 09:49:02 AM »
Unless of course Obama decides now he can "mandate" that employers hire people...
They're working on that.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 09:49:23 AM »
It gets worse.  Companies now see that they can just shitcan everyone's insurance and simply pay the tax/whatever you want to call it and shove people out into the cold.  It saves them a shitload of money, and leaves people who are higher risk well and truly ****ed.

Absolutely agreed. That's why I think this decision moves us closer to the single payer shit the liberals want. This was a lose for our country as we knew it.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 09:51:53 AM »
They're working on that.

I know.  Trust me there was no snark of any kind in my statement.

He's got the green light to mandate any ****ing thing he wants now.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »
Absolutely agreed. That's why I think this decision moves us closer to the single payer shit the liberals want. This was a lose for our country as we knew it.

What really torques my ass is this--I am part of a union at my work.  The current contract ends in December of 2013.  Obamacare really kicks into gear in January 2014.  Anyone want to guess what they're going to do vis-a-vis our health benefits?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2012, 09:52:59 AM »

What a ****ing mess.

I think that 'can' in your post is actually a typo.  The front page of Drudge says you CAN'T simply ignore the tax or the mandate.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »
"The Affordable Care Act is constitutional in part and unconstitutional in part  The individual mandate cannot be upheld as an exercise of Congress's power under the Commerce Clause," Roberts wrote. "That Clause authorizes Congress to regulate interstate commerce, not to order individuals to engage it. In this case, however, it is reasonable to construe what Congress has done as increasing taxes on those who have a certain amount of income, but choose to go without health insurance. Such legislation is within Congress's power to tax."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/28/supreme-court-upholds-individual-mandate-obamacare-survives/#ixzz1z6GjKEDl

Told ya all..Shaniqua won't be affected by this outcome.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 09:55:22 AM »
What really torques my ass is this--I am part of a union at my work.  The current contract ends in December of 2013.  Obamacare really kicks into gear in January 2014.  Anyone want to guess what they're going to do vis-a-vis our health benefits?

No doubt.  :censored:

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 09:57:06 AM »
This will add another payroll deduction. This is the largest tax increase in American history.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »
No doubt.  :censored:

I'm already seeing in our industry how they're cutting out ANY raises.  Pilgrim briefly went on strike over doubling health care premiums and capping raises at 2 percent.  Duane Arnold just rejected a contract that had 1 percent raises in it.

I got 3 percent last year and the increases in premiums ate almost all of that, and general inflation is WAY more than 3 percent, I guarantee that.