Author Topic: NPR Ends Analyst’s Contract After Comments on Muslims  (Read 12355 times)

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: NPR Ends Analyst’s Contract After Comments on Muslims
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 11:15:57 AM »
Can he sue to get his job back?

I don't know about getting his job back, but wouldn't he be able to sue for his 1st Amendment rights being abridged?  NPR does take tax money and is a public organization.  IMO that makes them a de facto govt organization, and subject to civil rights actions.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 11:21:12 AM »
I don't know about getting his job back, but wouldn't he be able to sue for his 1st Amendment rights being abridged?  NPR does take tax money and is a public organization.  IMO that makes them a de facto govt organization, and subject to civil rights actions.

You have a point, censorship of his free speech rights.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 11:43:56 AM »
I don't know about getting his job back, but wouldn't he be able to sue for his 1st Amendment rights being abridged?  NPR does take tax money and is a public organization.  IMO that makes them a de facto govt organization, and subject to civil rights actions.

Someone wanna 'splain to me if they are funded by the gubmint, they can take a million dollars from that left wing prick, Soros????????

Remove their funding! let's see how long they last without taxpayer support!

Let Soros fund the whole ****in' thing!

ETA:

Same thing for PBS! They take donations from the worst left wing hacks in HollyWierd and our enemies abroad, then try and rewrite history to make their donors happy!

They too are funded by us! If they solicit money, let them survive on their own! It's sure as hell how charity orgs do it!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:46:45 AM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline true_blood

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 12:16:03 PM »
Juan should not have gotten fired. AT ALL! For speaking his mind and telling the truth?! Wow! (God forbid you say "boo" about the mooselims.) Juan was not wrong in what he said. I back him 100%.

Offline ToddWB

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 12:36:34 PM »
Ah...poor Juan.....slightly stepped away from stock liberal manta...they'd been gunning for him since he started commentary of FOX. As Rush said.."hoisted on his own petard".
At my desk, listening to talk radio

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 12:48:26 PM »
Juan should not have gotten fired. AT ALL! For speaking his mind and telling the truth?! Wow! (God forbid you say "boo" about the mooselims.) Juan was not wrong in what he said. I back him 100%.

While I think Juan is nothin' more than a parrot of the left most times, he did speak the truth this time.

I think they been gunnin' for him ever since FOX hired him as their token liberal! Must not camp with the enemy, doncha know!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 01:03:05 PM »
Didn't Jesse Jackson say something very similar many years ago?  Something about being relieved while walking down a street, hearing footsteps behind him, turning around to see it was a white person, and not a black?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 01:15:26 PM »
The View discussed the firing this morning. (Joy was not there)

Barbara Walters said he was wrong to "fear Muslims in full Muslim attire"....she said that ", when she sees them, she feels safe, because terrorists do everything they can to "blend in" with the general public".  :whatever:

However, she also said that NPR was wrong to fire Williams, because on the O'Reilly show he is an analyst/pundit and entitled to his opinion and to voice it. Whereas on NPR, he is in the position of "journalist" and should not voice his personal opinions.

Patricia Heaton was the guest host (she's on "The Middle"(?) on ABC, and was Ray Romano's wife on "Everybody Loves Raymond") Heaton said it was wrong that people have had to become so politically correct regarding the Muslims. She said that if somebody said..."there's a Catholic priest, everyone hide their children" or if someone made a comment about the Tea Party,  that there would be no repercussions!! It's only if someone comments about Muslims in a negative way, that people become ridiculous on political correctness!! She said people should have a right to their own opinions whether or not they are politically correct or not!" I was pretty impressed that she came right out and said that!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »

Barbara Walters said he was wrong to "fear Muslims in full Muslim attire"....she said that ", when she sees them, she feels safe, because terrorists do everything they can to "blend in" with the general public".  :whatever:

However, she also said that NPR was wrong to fire Williams, because on the O'Reilly show he is an analyst/pundit and entitled to his opinion and to voice it. Whereas on NPR, he is in the position of "journalist" and should not voice his personal opinions.

Patricia Heaton was the guest host (she's on "The Middle"(?) on ABC, and was Ray Romano's wife on "Everybody Loves Raymond") Heaton said it was wrong that people have had to become so politically correct regarding the Muslims. She said that if somebody said..."there's a Catholic priest, everyone hide their children" or if someone made a comment about the Tea Party,  that there would be no repercussions!! It's only if someone comments about Muslims in a negative way, that people become ridiculous on political correctness!! She said people should have a right to their own opinions whether or not they are politically correct or not!" I was pretty impressed that she came right out and said that!
Patricia Heaton I remember is a Republican.. On NPR anyone who is on Fox and NPR will lose their job. Maura  is next I bet.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline true_blood

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »
While I think Juan is nothin' more than a parrot of the left most times, he did speak the truth this time.

I think they been gunnin' for him ever since FOX hired him as their token liberal! Must not camp with the enemy, doncha know!
I think that's exactly the reason.
He is a leftist. But on this point, he was spot on. :cheersmate:

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 01:21:46 PM »

Barbara Walters said he was wrong to "fear Muslims in full Muslim attire"....she said that ", when she sees them, she feels safe, because terrorists do everything they can to "blend in" with the general public".  :whatever:

Patricia Heaton was the guest host (she's on "The Middle"(?) on ABC, and was Ray Romano's wife on "Everybody Loves Raymond") Heaton said it was wrong that people have had to become so politically correct regarding the Muslims. She said that if somebody said..."there's a Catholic priest, everyone hide their children" or if someone made a comment about the Tea Party,  that there would be no repercussions!! It's only if someone comments about Muslims in a negative way, that people become ridiculous on political correctness!! She said people should have a right to their own opinions whether or not they are politically correct or not!" I was pretty impressed that she came right out and said that!

Hmmmmm......did WhoopiDoopiDoo and Blowhard walk off the set?

Just askin'....

Don't know how any sane person can watch that frikkin' show!

Offline cavegal

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2010, 01:32:02 PM »

Just askin'....

Yeah they did when O'Reilly said something about Muzzies. I never watch it. I get ill at the mere thought of it!

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 01:51:46 PM »

Just askin'....

As I said, Joy was not on the show today, Patricia Heaton was the "guest host".

I watch it because it's a "know your enemy" type thing. This show had a great deal of influence on the last election and getting Obama elected. Itwas information from this show, that got a lot of the "female voter" out to vote.

I find it fascinating and incredibly pathetic - that people, women in particular, can be so influenced in their political voting - the direction of this country - by entertainers!! I have always enjoyed tv, movies, and music from an entertainment standpoint...and that includes the performers. However, I have never had an "idol worship" of them, nor have I allowed my life/opinions to be influenced by them. I don't understand the mindset that some people have, that enables them to be so enamored of an entertainer to adopt the entertainer's opinions as their own. 

The first 20 minutes or so is talk/opinion....the rest of the show is predominantly non-political, and it's just something that I have on tv that doesn't bother me while I'm working. My other choices at that time of day would be Ellen, Price is Right, or something else just as dumb. I've already had Fox News on for a couple of hours.   
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »
The left devours it's own - I love it!!!111

Juan has more journalistic integrity than 98% of NPR ever had.

Hopefully this will usher in their demise when Congress de-funds them.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2010, 02:01:31 PM »
I hope he has learned that the leftist interpretation of free speech is 'only free if you toe to the party line.'
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2010, 02:03:18 PM »
I hope he has learned that the leftist interpretation of free speech is 'only free if you toe to the party line.'

Hopefully, a lot of other people will realize it too.

Less than two weeks before a national election.  :-)

Offline cavegal

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »

I watch it because it's a "know your enemy" type thing. This show had a great deal of influence on the last election and getting Obama elected. Itwas information from this show, that got a lot of the "female voter" out to vote.

I find it fascinating and incredibly pathetic - that people, women in particular, can be so influenced in their political voting - the direction of this country - by entertainers!! I have always enjoyed tv, movies, and music from an entertainment standpoint...and that includes the performers. However, I have never had an "idol worship" of them, nor have I allowed my life/opinions to be influenced by them. I don't understand the mindset that some people have, that enables them to be so enamored of an entertainer to adopt the entertainer's opinions as their own. 

The first 20 minutes or so is talk/opinion....the rest of the show is predominantly non-political, and it's just something that I have on tv that doesn't bother me while I'm working. My other choices at that time of day would be Ellen, Price is Right, or something else just as dumb. I've already had Fox News on for a couple of hours.   
"Know your enemy" The View I cannot handle.. I try to watch Maddow/Cnn/Keif. Not to long though, my blood boils enough during the day!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2010, 02:21:29 PM »
"Know your enemy" The View I cannot handle.. I try to watch Maddow/Cnn/Keif. Not to long though, my blood boils enough during the day!

I can't watch CNN anymore, at all. Last night when we were stuck in the Miami airport, the tv in our waiting area was on CNN, and it was Spitzer and whoever the woman with him is.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Incredible!!! Some guy was being interviewed regarding the election going to the GOP and they just didn't want to hear it.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2010, 02:32:26 PM »
Alicia C. Shepard, the NPR ombudswoman, said at the time that Mr. Williams was a “lightning rod” for the public radio organization in part because he “tends to speak one way on NPR and another on Fox.”
"Ombudswoman/Dyke/Turkey Baster Phallic WannaBe/FemiNazi"...

Nuff said...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2010, 02:44:54 PM »

Ah! I didn't catch the part about Baywhore bein' absent!

Sorry, I just can't stand that woman!

I'm with you! I find it amazing some of the crap these people state as fact, is absorbed by a so called intelligent audience! It is so easy nowadays to check what these people say, yet the voting public is so naive, they ignore the fact they are bein' lied to!

Thank the Good Lord I married a woman that doesn't even believe me! "Toots" would never take what these people say as gospel!

One wonders why most voters don't take the privilege of being able to elect our reps more seriously!

Offline cavegal

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2010, 02:52:16 PM »
I can't watch CNN anymore, at all. Last night when we were stuck in the Miami airport, the tv in our waiting area was on CNN, and it was Spitzer and whoever the woman with him is.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Incredible!!! Some guy was being interviewed regarding the election going to the GOP and they just didn't want to hear it.
Oh that Spitzer show I won't ever go to again. The other night they had on Van Jones 0bamas former Green Czar. Just a terrible show.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »
NPR has no Blacks there. They fired a top manager at NPR, Greg Peppers, who is Black.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline cavegal

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2010, 04:02:22 PM »
NPR has no Blacks there. They fired a top manager at NPR, Greg Peppers, who is Black.
:racist: surely NPR would not do that.../s

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline cavegal

Fox hands Williams $2 million contract
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2010, 04:46:52 PM »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/1010/Fox_hands_Williams_2_million_contract.html

Fox News moved swiftly to turn the controversy over Juan Williams’s firing to its advantage, offering him an expanded role and a new three-ye
Heads at the DU exploding now?  :lmao: CAIR that ended well...NO? :lmao: