Author Topic: NPR Ends Analyst’s Contract After Comments on Muslims  (Read 12356 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: NPR Ends Analyst’s Contract After Comments on Muslims
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2010, 12:12:50 AM »
I'm surprised the President hasn't actually commented on this yet.

Soros probably hasn't given him permission to speak on the issue yet.  Besides, what the MSM says is basically what the WH wants put out anyway.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2010, 01:10:19 AM »
Per a PM conversation I had with WE, a message I sent to him.  He suggested I share it.

I think Juan Williams is merely a casualty in a greater war that the left is now being caught in.  They know we're paying attention.  The left loved to bitch about the "chill wind" but funny how you don't hear those voices bitching any longer. 

We caught them, and they'll try to play it off.  The reason the WH isn't yet commenting is because they agree with the media elites, sharing the same philosophy.  But they can't put themselves out there to actually say it, lest the electorate has yet another reason to throw the liberals out on their asses.

NPR is viewed as an outlier because they may not get the same listeners as the networks.  But if the average American knew the disdain with which the mainstream networks view them, which is likely little to no different than the attitudes NPR has recently expressed, it would likely spell the end of the media as we currently know it.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2010, 01:12:53 AM »
he has an outstanding point, and it has a perspective that we have not discussed.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:02:00 PM by Wretched Excess »

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2010, 01:33:09 PM »
HEY NPR ....  :bird:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120344047

OPINION: 'Learn To Speak Tea Bag'
New Animation From Independent Syndicated Columnist Mark Fiore
by Mark Fiore.......

From Nov 2009, and it appears the comments are pretty much up-to-date   :-)

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2010, 07:56:31 AM »
I'm loving that he's so pissed off and clued in.  Here's to hoping that he'll sue the government funding off of NPR  :cheersmate:
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2010, 09:10:23 AM »
they are going to rerun the show where BOR said, "I've got your back, Williams", tomorrow and Sunday.  I missed that one (quite frankly, I find BOR self absorbed and tedious at times), but I have read that Juan was quite affected by BOR's support.

I was watching when it aired. He was both furious earlier in the interview--I mean his facial expressions were close to murderous--and when O'Reilly said this, you could see a film of tears in his eyes.

I would just hope they (the other analysts) let it drop after Chris Wallace held his arm and said "you're among friends" on the FNS panel this weekend. It's enough already. It's starting to become over-the-top touchy-feely and maudlin. I've never liked Juan Williams--he has said AWFUL, vicious things about conservatives and the Tea Party movement particularly--but assuming most of his Fox coworkers really do like him, the best thing they can do for him--and the viwers--is allow matters to return to normal at Fox and stop with the comfort--$2 million over 3 years is puh-lenty of comfort. And that's just his NewsCorp income, never mind books, speaking engagements, etc.

We CAN hope Williams learns something about media bias, at least, from this experience, and about the rabid, Stalinist, hateful intolerance of the left, but really, it's time for the lovefest to end.

The NPR story, of course, should continue to be followed. This is about THEM now, not Williams.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2010, 09:49:30 AM »
I was watching when it aired. He was both furious earlier in the interview--I mean his facial expressions were close to murderous--and when O'Reilly said this, you could see a film of tears in his eyes.

I would just hope they (the other analysts) let it drop after Chris Wallace held his arm and said "you're among friends" on the FNS panel this weekend. It's enough already. It's starting to become over-the-top touchy-feely and maudlin. I've never liked Juan Williams--he has said AWFUL, vicious things about conservatives and the Tea Party movement particularly--but assuming most of his Fox coworkers really do like him, the best thing they can do for him--and the viwers--is allow matters to return to normal at Fox and stop with the comfort--$2 million over 3 years is puh-lenty of comfort. And that's just his NewsCorp income, never mind books, speaking engagements, etc.

We CAN hope Williams learns something about media bias, at least, from this experience, and about the rabid, Stalinist, hateful intolerance of the left, but really, it's time for the lovefest to end.

The NPR story, of course, should continue to be followed. This is about THEM now, not Williams.

Completely agree. I don't watch a lot of ANY TV whatsoever, including cable news, but the little bit I watched after this thing happened was over the top.

How many different ways can they present ANY story like this? This is one of the reasons I don't do a lot of cable news/TV - overexposure of any story. And the never-ending commercials, of course.

Anyway, Godot is steel on target (+1) with this. Enough already. Let's focus on the REAL issue - NPR and state-run radio.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline BowTied

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2010, 11:39:07 AM »
Interesting to watch as the Left turns on and consumes its own!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2010, 01:59:16 PM »
Interesting to watch as the Left turns on and consumes its own!

I think this is one of the reasons that this continues to be news - at least on Fox.

It's a week before the election and frankly, what better time for this (the firing and the reasons behind it) to have happened?

Obama is going around the country saying how awful the conservatives/tea partiers are, that we are ignorant of what's going on in the country, that we are close-minded, etc...while the liberals are oh so wonderful.

Juan Williams is guilty of coming out publicly on tv saying he gets nervous when he sees Muslims in full Muslim garb in an airport.

Well, you know what, so am I!! So are my family members and friends. I think that most Americans - when they go into an airport anywhere in this country or a foreign country - will scope out the other travelers in the airport and in particular those that are getting on their flight. Whether they want to admit it, even to themselves...they do it.

It bugs the crap out of me, that I get pulled over going through security because I "supposedly" trip the alarm and I end up getting wanded and felt up by some female TSA person like I'm a common criminal....while another passenger of obvious Middle Eastern heritage...waltzes right security because the federal government, the airlines, the airport, TSA's are too damn scared of being accused of racial profiling!!! It's bullshit!

Don't get me wrong...I don't object to being pulled over.... I have nothing to hide. But I do object to Middle Easterners given a free pass through security! For those of you who frequently fly or have flown several times since 9/11....how many times have you ever seen a person of Middle Eastern heritage or resembling a Middle Easterner, ever pulled over in security? Since 9/11, I have gone to Europe 5 times, St Croix twice, and flown to the West Coast 3 or 4 times, several trips to Chicago, north to Maine, and too many to count to Florida. All of these flights required passing through security - those out of the continental US - not only airport security but customs - foreign and US. Not one time - NOT ONCE!! - have I ever seen a Middle Easterner pulled over.

I stood in LaGuardia, waiting to get through US Customs, after coming off of an international flight from Greece, surrounded by a flippin' plane load of passengers from the Mid East....all the women shrouded and herding kids, and the men looking arrogant, bored, and impatient. I was travelling with 3 other women, we were beside ourselves because our flight from Greece was so late in arrival, we were afraid of missing our connection to get home...we got pulled out of line by a Customs official. They asked us where we were going, wanted to see our tickets, searched through our stuff, and let us go on. Now maybe, they were being nice to us, and just wanted to get us out of there.....but they still searched our backpacks. 4 American women - 3 in their 50's and 1 in her 40's, 2 very very fair skinned blondes, a redhead, and one with highlighted brown air (who happens to be the 2nd highest woman working for TVA with a top security clearance!)....was Customs trying to look fair and balanced by seaching our stuff? While we were in line, I didn't see any of the MidEasterners pulled over and having their bags searched.

Sorry for the rant....but rather than acknowledging that American people do fear Muslims -  fair or not, though it is a justifiable fear - the political correctness that seems to be paramount in every aspect of our lives these days, is going to get more Americans killed. Those with power and position behind them, keep punishing those who express their fear....using them as an example of behavior that is unacceptable!! When will it stop? When the Muslim terrorists come for those in power? Or will those in power simply hand of the keys of our kingdom and accept the power of Islam?   

Maybe with all the publicity about this, some Democrats might rethink their affliation with a party that may "talk the talk, but can't do the walk"....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2010, 02:18:41 PM »
 :yeahthat:

Or will those in power simply hand of the keys of our kingdom and accept the power of Islam? 

That's already happening in the U.K., deb. There are a few pockets of resistance, but the overall sentiment is to avoid offending muzzies because offending them makes us look like we're intolerant, unkind, and unChristian.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2010, 02:36:52 PM »

I stood in LaGuardia, waiting to get through US Customs, after coming off of an international flight from Greece, surrounded by a flippin' plane load of passengers from the Mid East....all the women shrouded and herding kids, and the men looking arrogant, bored, and impatient. I was travelling with 3 other women, we were beside ourselves because our flight from Greece was so late in arrival, we were afraid of missing our connection to get home...we got pulled out of line by a Customs official. They asked us where we were going, wanted to see our tickets, searched through our stuff, and let us go on. Now maybe, they were being nice to us, and just wanted to get us out of there.....but they still searched our backpacks. 4 American women - 3 in their 50's and 1 in her 40's, 2 very very fair skinned blondes, a redhead, and one with highlighted brown air (who happens to be the 2nd highest woman working for TVA with a top security clearance!)....was Customs trying to look fair and balanced by seaching our stuff? While we were in line, I didn't see any of the MidEasterners pulled over and having their bags searched.

I have a hunch it’s gone well beyond that, Debk. I think the post-9/11 security measures are changing under Obama from a stupid system for annoying people and moronically proving your PC bona fides by not profiling the obvious, into a means for deliberately harassing Caucasians.

I’d suggest that next time you fly, also keep an eye out for black or Hispanic people ever being pulled out of line. If I’m right, you won’t see that, either.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2010, 02:55:10 PM »
No need to apologize. That was well said.

The elitists are desperate to maintain their foolish image that all cultures are equal because it gives them an excuse to silence dissent (at least in their mind but they do not like the constitution). They probably believe appeasement (allowing security to be bypassed etc) will spare them from terrorism.

Giving Adolf Hitler the Sudetinland saved Poland from being invaded too :sarcasm:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2010, 03:00:41 PM »
I have a hunch it’s gone well beyond that, Debk. I think the post-9/11 security measures are changing under Obama from a stupid system for annoying people and moronically proving your PC bona fides by not profiling the obvious, into a means for deliberately harassing Caucasians.

I’d suggest that next time you fly, also keep an eye out for black or Hispanic people ever being pulled out of line. If I’m right, you won’t see that, either.

I just got back from St Croix last Wednesday. We had flown out the previous Wednesday. For the first time in I don't know how long, I did not set off the "beep" going through security - going to or coming back!! The only thing that happened, was that I had purchased an aerosol can of Tinactin for M, a couple of days before, and he stuck it in his carryon, and TSA was not happy about it! They did let it go through, when I said that I was the one that packed it and just didn't think. The guy - though a couple of "leading" questions, got M to say that it was "doctor prescribed"...and I said, that should probably be in our checked bag when we return, huh? He looked at me, and said I was quite perceptive and winked. I was not paying attention to see if anyone else was pulled over, there was quite a line.

We were to be at the STX airport, 2hrs ahead....and after not getting through 2 years ago when we were 2 hrs ahead, we got there a bit earlier this time, no one was there and we breezed through the whole thing. Don't know what happened after.

We do not have much of a black or Hispanic population here, which makes it difficult to prove or disprove your theory. Someone else might be able to answer your question better. I can only tell you that the walk-thru thingamajig has a thing for redheads.  :thatsright:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »
I can only tell you that the walk-thru thingamajig has a thing for redheads.  :thatsright:

Well, you are an electrically-charged sorta gal, deb.  ;)   :-*