Author Topic: Breaking.............John Murtha Dead  (Read 24575 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Breaking.............John Murtha Dead
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2010, 08:42:26 AM »
I'm surprised.....all things considered, I would have thought he would have wanted Arlington.

To be among, as he put it, "cold-blooded murderers"?  He pissed on the memory of everyone there, deb.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2010, 09:13:06 AM »
To be among, as he put it, "cold-blooded murderers"?  He pissed on the memory of everyone there, deb.

I understand that, Sparks....and I, personally, don't think he deserves to be among heroes.

I just figured with his ego, he would want to be at Arlington.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2010, 12:29:13 PM »
I just figured with his ego, he would want to be at Arlington.

HIS ego yes, but perhaps his family was privately embarrased by his actions and knew in their hearts that it would be blasphamy to put him at Arlington. They probably knew it would cause an uproar with the Veteran and miliary familes and didn't want to deal with the backlash.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2010, 01:28:47 PM »
The should just bury him in the garbage dump where he belongs. After all, he made himself no better than the trash.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2010, 02:17:30 PM »
HIS ego yes, but perhaps his family was privately embarrased by his actions and knew in their hearts that it would be blasphamy to put him at Arlington. They probably knew it would cause an uproar with the Veteran and miliary familes and didn't want to deal with the backlash.

I realize we're just speculating here, but I find it extremely unlikely that Murtha's family was in any way embarrassed by his actions. Let's keep in mind that Murtha had a long career in bringing the pork home and he was very, very popular at home as a result. He managed to fend off every challenger for his seat (despite my own personal support of Lieutenant Colonel William Russell in the 2008 election); this despite his calling his own constituents rednecks and racists.

And because of that, I find it unlikely that Murtha himself wanted to be buried anyplace other than where he's winding up. For whatever reason, he chose not to be buried in Arlington and while that's perfectly fine by me (Arlington is hallowed ground, fitting only for those who have served honorably and faithfully), apparently he had other plans.

No, sorry, I just don't see Murtha's family doing much more than finalizing the funeral arrangements, collecting the life insurance settlement/proceeds, and investigating closely to see what their options would be in prosecuting the surgeon that allegedly screwed up Murtha's large bowel and caused the infection that killed him.

I can definitely see Murtha's family trying to cash in on everything possible.

Go ahead - call me a cynic.  :evillaugh:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2010, 08:27:42 PM »
Cynic!

Maybe so, your probably right.
Whatever the reason, just glad he's not going to Arlington.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2010, 01:26:30 AM »
Hi,

Finally something I can tip my hat to.

When I heard on the radio he had died I wondered what I would post.  This was a man who turned on his fello Marines, damn near collaborated with the enemy, put our soldiers in harm's way unnecessarily and I should call him a hero.  There was a day he would have been drummed out of the corps and congress.

I wish there was a soft side of me that could forgive and show some compassion, but in his case there is not.  May Jane Fonda soon be buried next to him.  If it is made public I promise you there will be no grass growing on their graves.....

regards,

Pretty hard for grass to grow with that much urine contanimating the soil!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2010, 09:33:34 AM »
Pretty hard for grass to grow with that much urine contanimating the soil!

:exactly:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2010, 09:12:14 PM »
Hanoi Jane might oughta just be creamated.
No cemetery wants that kind of soil contamination issue.
From the rotting red corps is what I'm talking about.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2010, 09:19:48 PM »
I realize we're just speculating here, but I find it extremely unlikely that Murtha's family was in any way embarrassed by his actions. Let's keep in mind that Murtha had a long career in bringing the pork home and he was very, very popular at home as a result. He managed to fend off every challenger for his seat (despite my own personal support of Lieutenant Colonel William Russell in the 2008 election); this despite his calling his own constituents rednecks and racists.

And because of that, I find it unlikely that Murtha himself wanted to be buried anyplace other than where he's winding up. For whatever reason, he chose not to be buried in Arlington and while that's perfectly fine by me (Arlington is hallowed ground, fitting only for those who have served honorably and faithfully), apparently he had other plans.

No, sorry, I just don't see Murtha's family doing much more than finalizing the funeral arrangements, collecting the life insurance settlement/proceeds, and investigating closely to see what their options would be in prosecuting the surgeon that allegedly screwed up Murtha's large bowel and caused the infection that killed him.

I can definitely see Murtha's family trying to cash in on everything possible.

Go ahead - call me a cynic.  :evillaugh:

My bet is his ego was so great, he wanted to be close by so he could be adored even after death. He needed to be close, otherwise they would have to travel.

Offline 5412

« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2010, 10:23:42 PM »
Hanoi Jane might oughta just be creamated.
No cemetery wants that kind of soil contamination issue.
From the rotting red corps is what I'm talking about.

Hi,

I posted the following in the Comedy thread, maybe should have added it here.

regards,

Dear Mr. President,

You have asked for suggestions on helping the environment.  I have an idea that could save thousands, if not millions of gallons of fuel.

Please issue a presidential order that John Murtha and Jane Fonda be buried in adjoining graves sites.  I know thousands of former Vietnam military personnel who have expressed a desire to pay their respects when they pass on.  If they are buried next to each other they could visit both graves on one trip.

Once we get to the cemetery I know they will be easy to spot because there will be no grass growing on either of them.

Thank you sir,

A Humble Peasant

Offline Duodecim

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
I'm going to have to give my "+1" to those who are simply offering condolences to his family.  It is hard for me to hate a dead person, especially for (harshly) saying things that were (horribly) misguided.  He has now suffered the loss of his life, and he cannot do any more harm.  I would have been satisfied if he had just apologized and stopped talking.
"It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant.  It's just that they know so much that isn't so." -Ronald Reagan

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2010, 05:44:46 PM »
I'm going to have to give my "+1" to those who are simply offering condolences to his family.  It is hard for me to hate a dead person, especially for (harshly) saying things that were (horribly) misguided.  He has now suffered the loss of his life, and he cannot do any more harm.  I would have been satisfied if he had just apologized and stopped talking.

Fortunately or unfortunately, most of us here are patriots and refuse to stand by while a complete asshole disparages our troops.

Offline 5412

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2010, 09:22:53 PM »
I'm going to have to give my "+1" to those who are simply offering condolences to his family.  It is hard for me to hate a dead person, especially for (harshly) saying things that were (horribly) misguided.  He has now suffered the loss of his life, and he cannot do any more harm.  I would have been satisfied if he had just apologized and stopped talking.

Hi,

All of us in life are responsible for our own behavior.  All of us have the capacity to forgive.  Unfortunately for John Murtha he crossed the line and committed some unforgivable acts in the minds of many of us; particularly Marines.  Semper Fi means something to Marines, even to guys like me who went to boot camp over half century ago.  He lied, turned on the Corps for political purposes, put soldiers in harm's way by inflaming the enemy and those are unforgivable. 

An apology would have been nice; however the arrogant son-of-a-bitch did not think he did anything wrong even when the facts proved him wrong.  I have a friend who is coming home on a four day leave tomorrow and then is heading to Afganistan.  I have told him many times that he should not pay too much attention to the politicians, but rather it is the guys and gals standing next to him that he must rely on and have faith in.  Mr. Murtha broke that faith.  He put soldiers at risk for his personal political gain.  That is a crime for which many offer no forgiveness, let the Lord handle that one.

regards,

Offline Chris_

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2010, 10:27:39 PM »
Heck of a good post 5412. As deep as most of us all feel it,
I know that you Marines feel it that much deeper x 1000.

I will keep your friend heading to Afganistan in my prayers.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2010, 02:11:18 AM »

Yea, and so you said about Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, and Mao.
Ask me to elaborate as to why a steaming pile of horse shit carries more weight than your "opinion".
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄