Author Topic: Army Recruiters Shot  (Read 16879 times)

Offline MrsSmith

Re: Army Recruiters Shot
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »
What can I say that I haven't elsewhere many times over? 

Now I'm not going to get into the blatant negativity or insults hurled at my religion in this thread and beyond as I expect that these days given the environment and the location of my commentary, but know that no matter how many times some non-Muslims and the terrorists want to call or state that my faith promotes violence, will make it anymore true. 

Certainly, many have heard about the abortion doctor's murder by a Christianist, radical extremist Christian, Christian terrorist, etc. (don’t like when it’s your religion huh?) this weekend where an abortion doctor was killed in the church and a fellow Christian of the same sect murdered him because of differing ideologies.

"very religious in an Old Testament, eye-for-an-eye way," his former wife, Lindsey Roeder, told The Associated Press.

Point 1:  Very religious in an Old Testament way is not Christian.

Point 2:  Tiller, as an abortionist, was also not Christian.

Point 3:  It CANNOT be truly said that the 9/11 perps were not Muslim.  Neither can it truly be said that Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad is not Muslim.

Therefore, the insults to your religion have foundation, while your insults toward Christianity have none.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »
Perhaps Muslim clerics need to be a bit more selective about the people they recruit ??

What should they do? Stay away from the prisons? Should Christians do the same? Jews? Maybe along with helping
people convert, converts in prison should have a menor.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2009, 08:19:19 PM »
It seems to me that this is the fault of the anti-military left.  You can't call military men "Baby-Killers" and blame recruiters for every military death for years without some lefty deciding to take the matter into his own hands.  How many DUmp threads were there that condemned recruiters for talking "kids" into signing up and getting killed?  How many DUmp threads called the recruiters "murderers?"  How many leftist colleges have denied military recruiters permission to come on campus because they "promote violence?"  How many Code Pink protesters have labeled the military and recruiters with the vilest of terms?

Make no mistake, this is absolutely the fault of the anti-military left.  They all have blood on their hands.  The Obama administration needs to provide federal protection for every military recruiter immediately...and needs to shut down these violent anti-military protesters that are trying to force their views on the entire country through savage acts.

(Did I pretty much copy the reaction to Tiller's death?  Did I miss anything?)

Except that anyone that has been in longer then a few weeks should be able to put lead on target. They could defend themselves if the law would just get out of their way.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »
Most of us on this board realize that those on the left have been ****ed up for some time.  :tongue:

That will leave a mark.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline thundley4

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2009, 08:31:06 PM »
Except that anyone that has been in longer then a few weeks should be able to put lead on target. They could defend themselves if the law would just get out of their way.

I was in the navy for quite some time before ever handling a working firearm. Close to 2 years almost.

Offline 5412

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 10:34:29 PM »
Sounds like a terrorist attack to me.

Hi,

I do not totally agree with you.  Terrorists target innocent civilians, women and children and want to do a tremendous amount of damage.  This guy is not good enough to be a terrorist.  First of all he attacked soldiers in uniform and second is he is a coward.  He did not have the courage to strap a bomb to himself and take out a bunch of folks.  I hope he gets convicted in court and is sent to prision and is not put in solitary......he won't last very long in a US prison no matter how much they say it is a great place for recruiting muslims.

regards,

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2009, 03:29:47 AM »
Islam is a religion of violence. This fact is well-documented, beginning with the life of Mohammed himself. (See the books by Robert Spencer or Brigitte Gabriel.) True, not all Muslims are violent, but that just means they are living in a manner inconsistent with the basic tenents of their religion.

The best scenario: Muslims convert to Christianity.
The worst scenario: Muslims become radicalized, and live in accordance with Islam.
The most likely scenario: Muslims remain confused and inconsistent.

It would be nice if Americans would stop fantasizing about Islam. Islam is not simply another way for people to live in peace with one another. When we deal with the reality, we'll start to make some progress toward a solution to the problem. Until then, expect another 9/11, while our politicians utter nonsense.

Offline paladin0

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2009, 06:17:14 AM »
After Tiller was shot, Obama was quick to denounce the attack, after the soldier was killed, Obama was silent.

After Tiller was shot, Holder announced increased security for abortion clinics, after the soldier was killed, silence.

I guess we know where this administration's loyalties are.

Paladin0
"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."
—James Madison, Federalist No. 10

Offline thundley4

Re: Army Recruiters Shot (Updated)
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2009, 01:07:47 PM »
Source: More Targets Found on Arkansas Shooting Suspect's Computer
A senior U.S. official tells FOX News that more targets were found on the computer of a man charged in the fatal shooting at a military recruiting center in Arkansas — suggesting the accused gunman may have been part of a larger plot to attack military targets and may not have been acting alone.

Officers found maps to Jewish organizations, a Baptist church, a child care center, a post office and military recruiting centers in the southeastern U.S., New York and Philadelphia, according to a joint FBI-Homeland Security intelligence assessment obtained by The Associated Press.

After Monday's attack outside the Army-Navy Career Center in Little Rock, detectives searched a computer linked to suspect Abdulhakim Muhammad, and discovered research into multiple sites in different states, according to the memo.

Muhammad, 23, a Muslim convert who previously was known as Carlos Bledsoe, pleaded not guilty to capital murder in the deadly suburban shopping complex shooting.

Authorities said he targeted soldiers "because of what they had done to Muslims in the past."

Private William Long, 23, was killed and Private Quinton I. Ezeagwula, 18, was wounded. Both completed basic training within the past two weeks and had never seen combat. Ezeagwula was in stable condition at a hospital.
FNC

It will be interesting to learn if he had email contacts with anyone else about this.
Still no official word from 0Bama or his administration. The silence speaks volumes for where his sympathies lie.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2009, 01:27:59 PM »
There are very spiritual sects of the Muslim Religion, and, frankly, seems to me that most Muslims would prefer to be left alone (woulden't everyone) to persue their lives free of terrorism. To do that, they need to ignore the violent sections of the Qur'an and embrace the "ALLAH loves you, go in peace" sections. Unfortunately for us all, we have the Wahhabists , the Twelvers, and others who demand that they be followed, and it is holy to impose Islam at gunpoint. Even more unfortunately, many of these islamofascists have access to HUGH quantities of MONEY. tHEY USE THAT MONEY TO GET RICH AND MAKE WAR on everyone who refuses to believe exactly as they do.

Unlike the Thugee, who the Brits killed off, this breed of terrorist has the money to be in the "protected" class of persons in the world. Even Arafat had his protectors on the world stage, and died with a personal wealth of , some sereously estimate, $1,000,000,000.

So the issue is not easily resolved simply by killing off the "bad guys", but the elimination of Wahhabi schools, killing the fanatics, and a co-operative integration of Islam and the modern world. Something no one reading this will live long enough to see realized.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2009, 02:13:17 PM »
Until Muslims start getting rid of these terrorists in their midst, I for one believe they are all guilty! I assure you, if I knew of anyone planning violence on anyone, they would be reported or stopped one way or another. If Sarge really wants us to believe he is not part of this violence, why does he and the followers of peace, not rid those that commit this violence from their religion? All I hear is excuses, not solutions.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2009, 02:24:43 PM »
yES, INDEED, what I said, but more to the point. The "mainstream" needs to get rid of the Radical, by whatever means necessary.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2009, 02:28:40 PM »
QUERY: Will Pres Obama be directing strikes against the Yemeni camps that trained this shitbag? Green berets? A Predator? A bag of rabid squirrels? Anything?

I'm not asking for a long-term campaign and occupation just something to let them know their was was heard and we care enough to respond.

He has the authority from the 18 Sep 2001 AUMF. If this doesn't fit the bill for a terrorist act by a foreign power I don't know what does.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2009, 04:44:49 PM »
He,Carter like, will do nothing of condequence.

Offline Salaam

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2009, 03:31:42 PM »
What's really insulting (no surprises) is the incoherence and illogical notions of some of these arguments.  God knows I'm not in the mood for a several post debate (how many msgboards must I do it) but I have to take issue with at least a few "ideas" put out there about my religion:

1.  Islam is violent because there are parts of the Qur'an that are "violent" or incidents committed in history that are "violent".

First of all, I would like those who share that opinion and quote the Robert Spencer's of the world (who seem to leave out other non-Muslim authors like Karen Armstrong) to list every chapter and verse of said "violent" verses.  There are about 20 to 30, I know them by heart btw.  Then I would like for you to not only explain why they are violent, but also why these 20-30 versus in your opinion summarizes the book outside of the other 6000 plus verses.  Then after that, explain why don't you use the same standard to define other religious books and religions, because I can assure you that you will not find the equivalent of "you shall not leave alive anything that breathes" (Deutronomy 20:10-17) in the Qur'an.  Then after that, because we all know that your line of defense will rest in arguments about context and the really knowledgeable in Christian Theology will use words like exegesis, please explain why it is wrong for Muslims to do the same with the Qur'an.

The truth is the numbers go against the arguments.  There are more "peaceful" versus in the Qur'an than "violent" by a landslide, and their are hundreds of millions of Muslims more peaceful than violent (hell one sect Ahmaddiyah claims 300 million and their motto is "love for all hatred of none"). 

The real question is why do you embrace faulty logic?  When has it ever been considered logical that anything less than 51% equals the majority?  If you can't prove (and you can't) that more than 51% of the Qur'an or Muslims are violent, then by still saying that it/they are, is more of a personal opinion (for God only knows what reasons) and there is no empirical evidence to support your claim(s).

2.  Silence=acceptance. 

No disrespect but that is just a stupid concept.  If that were true, does that mean that because there aren't massive protests in the streets against rape, murder, theft, etc. that Americans all agree with these things?  How often is someone raped in America for instance?  76% of 300 Million Americans are Christian, should we state based on this conclusion that the majority of Christians in America agree with the level of violence in this country?  What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

3.  Muslims need to speak out.

I have been down this road so many times before that it's driving me crazy!  I'm completely convinced that most of those who are anti-Islam are just lying in the public to cover their private opinions.  Just state matter of factly that you just hate Muslims plain and simple because they don't look, act, or believe like you.  It's better than just making ludicrous statements that make you look simple.

It never ceases to amaze me how some of you can Google and find everything negative you need to find about Islam, yet somehow miss the multitude of statements, speeches, and facts that are out there?  It's not that Muslims aren't doing it, it's that many aren't listening, promoting, and giving audience to.  I have proven many times in the past that Muslim do in fact speak out.  It's not our fault it's not covered on Fox News.  Seriously, do you expect Fox News to air a peace rally by Muslims?  Don't say yes, because 10K Muslims met in Harrisonburg, PA last year and we reached out to the press and was told by cable news outlets (yes one was Fox) that it was not "newsworthy".  Every year in DC we don't a 9/11 interfaith peace rally, it's never covered either.  Go to my site and/or blog and there are links to many statements, fatwas, etc. etc. past and present since 9/11 that are against terrorism, these statements are from almost every Islamic group under the sun as well as Islamic scholars, clerics, mufti's, heads of state, etc. etc.

If you truly wanted to see it, then call the executive producer of your favorite news source and ask them why they keep telling Muslim American groups that these things aren't "newsworthy".

Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism
http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muslim_voices_against_extremism_and_terrorism_2/

Muslims against Terrorism
http://www.islamfortoday.com/terrorism.htm

When I state that we need a new PR person, it's not because the work isn't being done, it's because we haven't done what is necessary to make these producers air our work.  Many anti-Muslim types are too lazy to read, so they rely on cable news and a few websites from non and "former" Muslims for their source of information.  Muslims need to do what Muslims like Mike Ghouse (http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/) is doing and challenge people on the foolishness that many of you recite like parrots.  I for one will debate anyone, anywhere, on these issues.

Anyone can pick up a book extract a verse and give it their own opinion.  It takes another person to actually study, read, and examine the entire book, in the original tongue, the history, etc. and understand what is being communicated. 

2:177 It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah.fearing.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2009, 04:09:46 PM »
What's really insulting (no surprises) is the incoherence and illogical notions of some of these arguments.

So the best you can do is comback with your own "intolerace and illogical notions" of your own?

God knows I'm not in the mood for a several post debate

Then don't.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2009, 04:38:47 PM »
Quote from: Salaam
Then after that, explain why don't you use the same standard to define other religious books and religions, because I can assure you that you will not find the equivalent of "you shall not leave alive anything that breathes" (Deutronomy 20:10-17) in the Qur'an.

I'm going to make the ASSumption that you have heard of Jesus, and possibly even heard of the New Testament.  To make it REALLY simple, Christians are not Old Testament believers, they are followers of Christ.  Quoting Deutronomy as though it contained commands for Christians to be violent is an ignorant-leftist trick.  If you have no more knowledge of Christianity than you've demonstrated so far, before you try to have a debate, you need to go learn some of the basics of Christianity.

Here's a helpful hint: you can't learn anything correct on any leftist anti-Christian site.   

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2009, 04:43:41 PM »
Salaam, I gave you credit earlier for denouncing the actions of the individual.  As we go forward in this, it is becoming more and more apparent that you are more concerned about the PR for the Muslim community than the fact that an American Soldier was killed by a man who was a recent convert to your religion.  He had traveled to Yemen with a Somali passport, actively seeking a terror training camp. (How he got back in is left open to conjecture, but I'm betting through Mexico)  He was under investigation by the FBI.  His computers were found to have files with information concerning other attacks on military facilities.

Save your PR  :bs: for someone who doesn't see it for what it is.  If you want to change the image of the Muslim community, start with yourself.  Be less concerned with what's right for you and yours and more concerned with what's right for the world.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2009, 07:11:47 PM »
The religion has a history of conquest and sword point conversion demands. Something given up by Christian Fanatics several hundred years ago. However, those radical islamofascists still demand obedience to Islam or persecution, slavery or death.

Islam has nutbars out there , like this ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT-jOywdcOk

Until Islam puts these bozos out of business , stops persicuting other religions, stops rape and murder, the religion will be seen by non-Muslins as violent , intollerant and bad neighbors.

This problem is one only Muslims can possibly resolve.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2009, 10:33:47 PM »
Salaam........

watch THIS video and tell me again that Muslims aren't violent!!

WARNING: VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES!!!! Do not watch if you have a weak stomach!! You have been warned!!
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2009, 12:43:40 AM »
1.  Islam is violent because there are parts of the Qur'an that are "violent" or incidents committed in history that are "violent".

Islam is not violent simply because the Qur'an contains some violent passages. Islam is violent because the Qur'an and the hadith prescribe violence as a standard of behavior toward "infidels." (For some reason, Salaam did not mention the hadith in his rebutal.)

Again, please remember the life of the prophet Mohammed. He practiced violence against Jews and Christians, and taught his followers to do the same. Muslims have never renounced this history, and they never will, unless they cease to be Muslims.

We were not discussing Christianity. We were discussing Islam. To say, "Well, Christianity is violent too" is exceedingly silly. If anyone wants to discuss Christianity, that's fine, but why confuse the issue in the meantime?

Maybe Salaam should write fewer posts, and take the time to read the ones available to him.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2009, 09:55:27 AM »
2.  Silence=acceptance. 

No disrespect but that is just a stupid concept.  If that were true, does that mean that because there aren't massive protests in the streets against rape, murder, theft, etc. that Americans all agree with these things?  How often is someone raped in America for instance?  76% of 300 Million Americans are Christian, should we state based on this conclusion that the majority of Christians in America agree with the level of violence in this country?  What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Boy, was that a bad analogy.

We pursue rapists and murderers with the full power of the state.

If the vast majority of muslims are not in accord with radical islam (polls notwithstanding) then rise against the vast minority. Are 1.7 billion people really so weak as to allow themselves to be molded by what is supposedly a mere tens of thousands? As an added bonus: the US is happy to help and it will ask nothing in return...except maybe quit treating non-muslims and women like crap.

Consider this: if these mere tens of thousands ever get their hands on a WMD through someplace like--say Iran, Syria or a cash-strapped North Korea--and manage to sneak past someone like--say the ever-vigilant Obama--then tens of millions will perish as we retaliate for the acts of tens of thousands. Simple, self-interested preservation should serve as an adequate motivator.

Web links, nice though they may be, are not enough. Close the hate-preaching mosques. Shutdown the Hamas TV stations that teach children to be genocidal nutbags. Put an end to Hezbollah. Push abck against the Holocaust deniers. Disown the Arafats of the world.

If David Duke was the voice of US race-relations you might have a point. Yet, when I look at the mid-east I see people deferring to Abbas as the voice of "Palestinians" (a fabricated polity itself). Abbas was the chosen successor of Yassar Arafat who was chin-deep with the Nai collaborating mufti of Jerusalem al-Husseini. Where is the rejection of this legacy?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2009, 11:30:38 AM »
http://bluecollarrepublican.com/blog/

Some more digging into the killer nd his connection in the US. After the latest press release by the White House, I doubt the DOJ will do any investigation into the facts.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
Salaam........

watch THIS video and tell me again that Muslims aren't violent!!

WARNING: VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES!!!! Do not watch if you have a weak stomach!! You have been warned!!

How many wars/conflicts going on right now do not involve Muslims as aggressors? How many Islamic countries treat their women and minorities in barbaric manners?

Albania? You will notice they are 'caucasian' Muslims, not that it means anything, just interesting. The worse countries seem to get way too much sun, is that a coincidence? Islam+120 degrees= terrorist??

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2009, 04:03:27 PM »
It comes to light that the White House has NOT released a statement on the murder of PVT Long and the wounding of another US Army Soldier in Little Rock. The earlier statement was release to the Arkansas Press, by 'Someone' in the WH. There is no mention of the Statement on the White House web-page, and Barry hasn't said a word about it.

I am asking everyone to send a message to the White House about this.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!