Author Topic: McCain Suspends Campaign to Focus on Economy; Wants Debate Delay  (Read 17508 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: McCain Suspends Campaign to Focus on Economy; Wants Debate Delay
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 03:37:19 PM »

and coming from the guy that has been calling this the equivalent of "the great depression", he would be hard pressed to say that he wants to debate on friday night at the expense of solving this "crisis".   The BarackStar! has painted himself into a corner with this alarmist rhetoric that he has been spewing all over the country, trying to scare people into voting for him.

and besides, a presidential debate on a friday night wrecks my happy hour plans. :-)  I have been trying to figure out how I was going to handle that for a week. :uhsure:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »
Looks like Brock isn't going to let a little thing like a financial crisis get int he way of his campaign:

A senior Obama campaign official told FOX News that Obama still plans to go forward with Friday’s debate. Obama is expected to issue a statement shortly.
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/24/mccain-suspends-campaign-to-help-with-bailout/

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 03:38:25 PM »
so will this debate go on Friday night? 

I am reading the the obama campaign, the DNC, and the debate sponsors all want to go forward with the debate.  mccain should tell them to debate THIS.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 03:38:40 PM »
OK. But, shouldn't he resign his Senate seat to focus on the campaign? I'd like both he and the Obamessiah to do so.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »
Looks like Brock isn't going to let a little thing like a financial crisis get int he way of his campaign:

A senior Obama campaign official told FOX News that Obama still plans to go forward with Friday’s debate. Obama is expected to issue a statement shortly.
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/24/mccain-suspends-campaign-to-help-with-bailout/

BUT ITS THE GREAT DEPRESSUN WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIEEEEE BEROCK OHBOMBA TOLD ME SOOO !111!11!11

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »
Hell, yeah, country first. Although Barack Hussein Obama would be worthless again even if he did go back to the Senate, and he probably won't. He's probably still waiting on the word from Soros.

But McCain, he is gutsy - this is another one of his bold and courageous, offensive moves that are sincere. Some cable news show said Barack Hussein Obama was supposed to release a statement on this at 4:45 EDT, better fire up that teleprompter.

ignore his first statement, and even most of his second statement.  usually, he doesn't mean it until his third statement. :whatever:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »
and what exactly is Obama going to do?

Barakstar! will very shortly come down from The Mountainr and after having put it through focus groups opinion polls and and licking his finger and sticking it in the air...read to us from stone tablets exactly what he intends to do to "heal" the economy.

Teh Obamessiah is speaking right now.  He's contributing to global warming right now, with all of the hot air that's coming from his mouth.  
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 03:42:13 PM »
OK. But, shouldn't he resign his Senate seat to focus on the campaign? I'd like both he and the Obamessiah to do so.

um, I think he just pretty much quit the campaign to focus on his senate seat . . . so to speak.

Offline jendf

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 03:43:32 PM »

and coming from the guy that has been calling this the equivalent of "the great depression", he would be hard pressed to say that he wants to debate on friday night at the expense of solving this "crisis".   The BarackStar! has painted himself into a corner with this alarmist rhetoric that he has been spewing all over the country, trying to scare people into voting for him.

and besides, a presidential debate on a friday night wrecks my happy hour plans. :-)  I have been trying to figure out how I was going to handle that for a week. :uhsure:

A presidential debate drinking game?  :-) Even if Obama ends up debating himself, I'm sure we could devise a crafty plan to incorporate booze into it.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 03:46:03 PM »

A presidential debate drinking game?  :-) Even if Obama ends up debating himself, I'm sure we could devise a crafty plan to incorporate booze into it.

How about a shot for every "uh" he utters.....I'm thinking everyone would be stinking drunk within the hour.
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 03:47:19 PM »
Its a gutsy move, for sure, and the only way Obama can save any face is to play along. At least that how it is in the real world.

In MSM land it will be "McCain uses economy to back out of debate with Obama" < this is a certain guarantee - the question is how many people will buy it ?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 03:47:44 PM »

How about a shot for every "uh" he utters.....I'm thinking everyone would be stinking drunk within the hour.

20 minutes, max.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 03:49:04 PM »

the risk for mccain is that this may turn out to be HIS bailout before it's all over with . . .

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 03:50:16 PM »
Its a gutsy move, for sure, and the only way Obama can save any face is to play along. At least that how it is in the real world.

In MSM land it will be "McCain uses economy to back out of debate with Obama" < this is a certain guarantee - the question is how many people will buy it ?

no one that saw the saddleback throwdown, or remembers that it was The BarackStar! that nitially agreed, and then backed away, from mccain's "10 town halls" proposal.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 03:51:55 PM »

Well, someone needs to tell Obama it takes 2 to debate..and if McCain calls it off...what's he gonna do?   :fuelfire:

Offline jendf

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »

Well, someone needs to tell Obama it takes 2 to debate..and if McCain calls it off...what's he gonna do?   :fuelfire:

Debate himself and give all of us fantastic and free entertainment on Friday night, I presume. I'm all for it.  :evillaugh:

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 03:53:49 PM »
Fox has a live video stream now of the Barackstar making his "statement"....of all the words that can be said about him, "empty suit" just fits so well.
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 03:54:33 PM »

I can't imagine Obama would find it difficult to take two diferent positions on any given topic. He can easily debate himself.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:08:02 PM by bijou »

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2008, 03:56:04 PM »
He seems to be giving this speech from a tank :lmao:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2008, 03:56:35 PM »
This is actually pretty comical ifyou take away the seriousness of the economy.  McCain has Barrack right where he wants him.  Barrack is backed up into the "reactionary" mode.  He's no longer the leader.
Those years McCain spent with his captors probably taught him some very valuable tools on how to shake up your opponent.  Have to give it to the old geezer...he's got some skillz.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:00:19 PM by Hawkgirl »

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »

masturdebate?

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2008, 03:59:26 PM »
Someone please convince me that I am being paranoid.  I have a really bad feeling about the next week or so.  I worry with the Russian military in Venezula, China is involved now too.  North Korea just kicked out the UN nuke guys.  Maybe it is just the freaking in me but I feel a need to stock more ammo and food all of the sudden.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2008, 04:02:47 PM »
Someone please convince me that I am being paranoid.  I have a really bad feeling about the next week or so.  I worry with the Russian military in Venezula, China is involved now too.  North Korea just kicked out the UN nuke guys.  Maybe it is just the freaking in me but I feel a need to stock more ammo and food all of the sudden.

In other words, "the world is going to hell in a handbasket"...

Hey now...don't start spreading that kind of hysteria....although I kinda understand why you feel that way.  I'm usually pretty good in stocking up on water and non-perishables due to hurricane season here in Floriduh. 

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »
Cynical as this may sound, a foriegn crisis would just help McCain.

He seems to be giving this speech from a tank :lmao:

Apparently, Barack Hussein Obama wants the debate to go forward. I don't know. He's confusing the hell out of everybody at Ace:

McCain Suspends Campaigning to Deal With Financial Crisis; Update: Obama Claims Idea to Suspend Was His First, But Also Says He's Not Suspending.. What?

:mental:
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/274139.php

Just let him eat his waffle, okay?  ::)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »
Is he trying to speak without a teleprompter? :evillaugh: