Author Topic: primitives looking for George Bush  (Read 933 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives looking for George Bush
« on: January 28, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8146948

Oh my.

charlyvi  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-27-09 09:25 PM
Original message

Has Shrub dropped totally off the map?

I've lived through nine presidencies and NEVER has an ex-President vanished as completely as Bush. No quotes, no interviews in the new house, no follow up blurbs in the news saying how he's doing....NOTHING! The only people I've heard mention Bush are the folks who want him tried for war crimes and Mitch McConnell, who pretty much called him an albatross hanging around the GOP's neck for the past four years. Now, I'm not complaining but I've never seen anything like it. Strange.

I dunno.

I've lived through some presidencies myself, and haven't noticed anything unusual about this reticence; after all, it's only been eight days.

Even the sore loser the Incompetent One in 1981 evaporated for a while; most hoped it was a permanent evaporation, but alas it wasn't.

I dunno what the big deal is here.

It's a pretty big bonfire, nothing worthwhile being said by the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Re: primitives looking for George Bush
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 12:28:43 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8146948

Oh my.

I dunno.

I've lived through some presidencies myself, and haven't noticed anything unusual about this reticence; after all, it's only been eight days.

Even the sore loser the Incompetent One in 1981 evaporated for a while; most hoped it was a permanent evaporation, but alas it wasn't.

They must be having BDS withdrawls! No place to direct all of that venom!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:34:06 PM »

Hey, lurking DUmmies:

You guys were very fond of screaming "Leave Obama alone! He's not even President yet!" Well...LEAVE BUSH ALONE. He's not President ANYMORE!
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 12:52:32 PM »
Hey, lurking DUmmies:

You guys were very fond of screaming "Leave Obama alone! He's not even President yet!" Well...LEAVE BUSH ALONE. He's not President ANYMORE!

H5!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »

Oh my.

I dunno.

Nine presidencies?

9. W
8. Clinton
7. Bush
6. Reagan
5. Carter
4. Ford
3. Nixon
2. Johnson
1. JFK

Shit, I've lived through eight and this is the stupidest one I've seen so far...although Carter is a close second.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 01:02:07 PM »
Dear DUmmies--if you want to find him, might I suggest you 1--obtain a phonebook of the Crawford, Texas, area, and 2--start dialing.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 01:07:14 PM »

H5!

I watched the first half hour of David Letterman last night. I don't know how many years Letterman, did it, but he had this thing nightly, of mocking President Bush's public speaking. It got old the second time I saw it.

So I figured I'd "tune in" last night and see if he's mocking Obama. How could I be so stupid to think that would happen? :thatsright:  Last night he was talking about how terrific the little Obama girls are.

Sane logic says President Bush would be a none issue.....again....I was stupid and naive... :thatsright:

Charming Letterman, has a new thing ...."George W Bush...where is he now?".  It's a clip of still pictures....that Prez and Mrs Bush are divorced, he's with some young thing, two little kids, has a trucking company or some such thing. Basically disgusting!

AND....AND......the way they talked ...it's a regular "new" thing... :censored: :censored: :censored:

Obama and his family are too precious to mock....so it must be still open season on President Bush and his family.   :censored:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Redstatecka

• Thanks, Dad!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 01:12:17 PM »
charlyvi  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-27-09 09:25 PM
Original message

Has Shrub dropped totally off the map?

I've lived through nine presidencies and NEVER has an ex-President vanished as completely as Bush. No quotes, no interviews in the new house, no follow up blurbs in the news saying how he's doing....NOTHING! The only people I've heard mention Bush are the folks who want him tried for war crimes and Mitch McConnell, who pretty much called him an albatross hanging around the GOP's neck for the past four years. Now, I'm not complaining but I've never seen anything like it. Strange.

Oh my.

I dunno.

These people have no memory of history, much less knowledge of it.

What you said is what I've observed for several past presidents.

I guess, though, with their gnat-like memories and attention spans, eight days is several lifetimes.

You'd think, too, wouldn't you, that they'd rather focus on adulating His Obamaness and the stuff he's doing?

Truly, they're a bunch of whiners and sore winners.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:13:56 PM by Redstatecka »
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity and freedom of worship here." -- Patrick Henry, 1765

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 02:52:19 AM »
WACO, Texas (AP) — Former President George W. Bush attended the Baylor women's basketball game against Oklahoma on Wednesday in one of his first public appearances since returning to his Crawford ranch.

Bush and his wife, Laura, walked onto the court with Baylor coach Kim Mulkey after the former president addressed the team before the game. As soon as Bush and Mulkey emerged from the tunnel, without any introduction, the crowd stood and broke into loud applause.

The Bushes then took their seats in the first row behind the bench.

"This is our first outing since I left the presidency and I can't think of a better place," Bush said.

When the Bushes were introduced during the first timeout 4:03 into the game, somebody screamed "We love you, George Bush" and there was another loud ovation. He smiled and waved.

The Baylor campus is about 25 miles from the Bush ranch in Crawford, where the Bushes have been staying since last week when President Barack Obama took office.

When Baylor won the NCAA championship in 2005, Bush called Mulkey to congratulate the team and later hosted the Lady Bears at the White House.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 06:50:16 AM »
I hope he returns the status of "former President" back to what it was before the Miserable Failure and Billie Jeff sullied the title
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 07:51:54 AM »
He will. I think President Bush made some mistakes, but I have always admired what a gentleman he was, he was steel too, once he chose a course and thought it the right course then it was "full speed ahead" he didn't give a crap about popularity. I do wish he had stood and defended his positions to the American people more.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »
The Bushes are preparing to move, too, aren't they?