Author Topic: Sunday,Sunday, Sunday Happy Hour thread  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Airwolf

Sunday,Sunday, Sunday Happy Hour thread
« on: July 06, 2008, 12:11:26 PM »
Me, I'm not going to do a thing today what are you peeps up to?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Sunday,Sunday, Sunday Happy Hour thread
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:35:25 PM »
I'm in Garbo mode today.  I vaunt to be left alone. 

Me thinking about grilling some bacon wrapped eggplant, roasting some red bell pepper strips with asparagus, stirring up a few sauteed balsamic vinegar and olive oil mushrooms, and tossing a pineapple-raisin salad.  I'm hungry. 

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 01:21:19 PM »
we are vegging and watching the Food Network..

i have already put away a mountain of laundry, and started planning the 9 year olds slumber/birthday party for september.

i think this afternoon, we may go see Wall-e with the kiddos.. but other than that. nope, not doing much. jeff just took a week off (his second one this year) and he wont leave the house today at all. but he will appreciate the quiet in the house for a few hours..

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:39:35 PM »
Watching the British Grand Prix.  It is very wet and rainy there... the drivers aren't doing too well.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jendf

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 01:48:23 PM »
Went for a short run this morning, took a nap, went grocery shopping, and now I'm snacking on Ruffles and a Cherry Pepsi.

I should really be drinking water. Dragging groceries up three flights of stairs when it's 110 degrees outside is not fun. I'm so tired now.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 02:29:01 PM »
I slept in with the help of a mussle relaxer that I needed to take.

I am thinking the all you can eat and drink mexican brunch. (Unlimited Margaritias...and food....$13.95)

I wanted to go shopping on the Vegas strip yesterday but my neck and back told me no.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 06:08:03 PM »
Just got home from the UrgentOne Clinic (and before that, work).   I've got a nasty sinus/ear infection combo.   :(

Now, I'm going to make up for that misery by eating a Philly Cheese Steak Sub from Publix (they are really tasty, if the right deli worker makes it ;)  ) and drinking the Guinness.   :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jendf

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 06:13:17 PM »
Just got home from the UrgentOne Clinic (and before that, work).   I've got a nasty sinus/ear infection combo.   :(

Now, I'm going to make up for that misery by eating a Philly Cheese Steak Sub from Publix (they are really tasty, if the right deli worker makes it ;)  ) and drinking the Guinness.   :cheersmate:

I was out sick from work for almost a week a couple of weeks ago due to a sinus infection. So I know how you feel.

Get better soon.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »

Damn.  You got some rotten luck.

I've never had an ear or sinus infection.  Ever.  I don't know how everyone else winds up with them.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 06:22:40 PM »

Damn.  You got some rotten luck.

I've never had an ear or sinus infection.  Ever.  I don't know how everyone else winds up with them.

Yeah, I know. :(  My allergies are apparently to blame for all this, more than anything.  I figured, with all the rain Savannah's getting pounded with, my allergies would be quiet.  Nope, they are raging like crazy right now.   I have not one, not two, but 3 different prescriptions that I have to take. 

I wish it wasn't Sunday.  I want some more Blue Moon, dammit.  It would REALLY help right about now.  :p

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 06:23:40 PM »
You can't buy beer on Sunday?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 06:25:14 PM »
You can't buy beer on Sunday?

Not in Georgia. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 06:27:18 PM »

I was out sick from work for almost a week a couple of weeks ago due to a sinus infection. So I know how you feel.

Get better soon.

A week? ICK!  Mine isn't too bad right now, but the headache is the worst symptom right now.  Just took some Aleve until I can get my prescriptions tomorrow.

Thanks.  :)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 06:30:43 PM »
The whole state??

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 06:31:33 PM »

Offline Chris_

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 06:36:49 PM »
The whole state??

Yep.   :(

I'd move.
LOL

I'm going to finish school first, get certified, and I'll probably head elsewhere in the South.   I thought I heard something about someone in the state Legislature trying to change the law, but I was probably imagining things. :(

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »
The whole state??

Yep.   :(

Blue Laws -- Mommy-statism at its very worst. And you can't get them repealed because the Liquor Stores have huge lobbies that stop them (attempts to repeal).

Every time I go to a Blue Law State I feel totally infantilized.  How people live in them is besides me.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »
We have various Blue Laws here.  I think one county tried to get liquor-by-the-drink laws passed, but were shot down by the liquor lobby.  I've passed through counties that were completely dry.  It's best to keep on going.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 09:08:37 PM »
I'm home.  I left my grandpa's around 2ish and finally arrived in the door with all my crap at 8:30pm.

Traffic sucked ass the whole way.

I'm relaxing with a nice beer.   :cheersmate:
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."