Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Is Just Getting Warmed Up  (Read 2530 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Rush Limbaugh Is Just Getting Warmed Up
« on: July 03, 2008, 06:53:23 AM »
THE ATMOSPHERE in the studio on the morning after our dinner at Trevini was relaxed, even festive. When I arrived around 11, Limbaugh was at his computer, wearing shorts and doing prep.

Augusto, his personal chef, was there, preparing lunch, signaling an occasion. Limbaugh skipped the meal, explaining that he doesn’t eat close to show time for reasons of “burp prevention.” Snerdly, Dawn and the engineer joined me in the dining room, which looks as if it were decorated by Nancy Reagan’s fussy aunt.

Limbaugh’s program that day was, as usual, a virtuoso performance. He took a few calls, but mostly he delivered a series of monologues on political and cultural topics. Limbaugh works extemporaneously. He has no writers or script, just notes and a producer on the line from New York with occasional bits of information. That day, and every day, he produced 10,000 words of fluent, often clever political talk.

There was nothing he said that was startling — he spent parts of the show mocking Obama’s “change” mantra and excoriating those who believe in global warming and talking about foreign affairs. But if you think it is easy turning ancient Greenland, the influence of the teachers’ unions or changes in E.U. foreign policy into polemical comedy that will hold an audience for three hours — try it for 15 minutes at your next cocktail party.

Limbaugh entertains, but he also instructs. He provides his listeners with news and views they can use, and he teaches them how to employ it. “Rush is an intellectual-force multiplier,” Rove told me. “His listeners are, themselves, communicators.”

You will NEVER...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever guess where this will appear at on Sunday:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/magazine/06Limbaugh-t.html?_r=1&pagewanted=8&hp&adxnnlx=1215011882-RSTZRry9%20Ooy0a9GqC363g&oref=slogin
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:35:07 AM by TheSarge »
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Rush Limbaugh Is Just Getting Warmed Up
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:56:22 AM »
Limbaugh told me he is no longer concerned about the opinions of his colleagues and rivals, and he makes no effort to disguise his contempt for most of them. Michael Savage, ranked No. 3 among talk-radio hosts by Talkers magazine? “He’s not even in my rearview mirror.” Garrison Keillor? “I don’t even know where to find NPR on the dial.”

At dinner the night before, Bill O’Reilly’s name came up, and Limbaugh expressed his opinion of the Fox cable king. He hadn’t been sure at the time that he wanted it on the record. But on second thought, “somebody’s got to say it,” he told me. “The man is Ted Baxter.”

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao:

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:06:27 AM »
On the MSNBC news program Countdown, Keith Olbermann has used the character to disparage his rival Bill O'Reilly. He regularly refers to O'Reilly as "Ted Baxter" and reads O'Reilly's words in a Baxter imitation.[4] In the 6 July 2008 issue of New York Times Magazine, Rush Limbaugh said of O'Reilly, “the man is Ted Baxter.”[5]

O'Reilly might take it from Rush, I don't know, but he sure as hell hates Olbermann!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:14:09 AM »
BORe won't say a word about Limbaugh because he knows that he can't hold a candle to him on the radio...where BORe sounds more like he belongs on Err Amerika than on Fox...plus he knows that if Rush ever went back into TV...he'd crush him the same way BORe crushes Herr Olbermann.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 10:00:08 AM »
Limbaugh told me he is no longer concerned about the opinions of his colleagues and rivals, and he makes no effort to disguise his contempt for most of them. Michael Savage, ranked No. 3 among talk-radio hosts by Talkers magazine? “He’s not even in my rearview mirror.” Garrison Keillor? “I don’t even know where to find NPR on the dial.”

At dinner the night before, Bill O’Reilly’s name came up, and Limbaugh expressed his opinion of the Fox cable king. He hadn’t been sure at the time that he wanted it on the record. But on second thought, “somebody’s got to say it,” he told me. “The man is Ted Baxter.”

that is dead on...!  :lmao:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 10:00:49 AM »
On the MSNBC news program Countdown, Keith Olbermann has used the character to disparage his rival Bill O'Reilly. He regularly refers to O'Reilly as "Ted Baxter" and reads O'Reilly's words in a Baxter imitation.[4] In the 6 July 2008 issue of New York Times Magazine, Rush Limbaugh said of O'Reilly, “the man is Ted Baxter.”[5]

O'Reilly might take it from Rush, I don't know, but he sure as hell hates Olbermann!

i think pretty much everyone hates KO... except for those 5000 or less moonbats at DU.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 01:39:37 PM »
Limbaugh didn’t dispute that Hannity was first on the Wright and Ayers controversies. But, he wrote: “Things only take off when I mention them. That is the point.”
:bow: :lmao:

If McCain wins, Limbaugh will spend the next four years tugging him to the right. If he loses, it will not be, in Limbaugh’s estimation, Limbaugh’s fault, and it won’t be the end of his world either. A secret of Limbaugh’s success is that his uncompromising, often harsh ideas are offset by a basically friendly temperament. He is less like his angry father than his mature role models, Buckley and Reagan, for whom sociability and fun were integral to their conservative world view.
That's why I like Rush.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »
Rush has signed a $400million contract. The man's GOT to be feeling good!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 09:27:45 AM »

The same slam Olbertard gives him?

Ouch.  THAT'S gonna leave a mark!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lauri

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »
Limbaugh didn’t dispute that Hannity was first on the Wright and Ayers controversies. But, he wrote: “Things only take off when I mention them. That is the point.”

If McCain wins, Limbaugh will spend the next four years tugging him to the right. If he loses, it will not be, in Limbaugh’s estimation, Limbaugh’s fault, and it won’t be the end of his world either. A secret of Limbaugh’s success is that his uncompromising, often harsh ideas are offset by a basically friendly temperament. He is less like his angry father than his mature role models, Buckley and Reagan, for whom sociability and fun were integral to their conservative world view.
That's why I like Rush.

Rush is immenently friendly.. that's why he has so many listeners. Yeah, I like Rush too.. and my name is in his top 10 of all time :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 01:02:06 PM »

That's why I like Rush.

Rush is immenently friendly.. that's why he has so many listeners. Yeah, I like Rush too.. and my name is in his top 10 of all time :-)

As usual, when some lefty starts ranting about Rush's "hate-filled spewing" ask them for one direct quote.  Just one.  It will result in crickets.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 01:31:21 PM »

That's why I like Rush.

Rush is immenensly friendly.. that's why he has so many listeners. Yeah, I like Rush too.. and my name is in his top 10 of all time :-)
As usual, when some lefty starts ranting about Rush's "hate-filled spewing" ask them for one direct quote.  Just one.  It will result in crickets.
Rush has a staff for fact checking everything he says. He calls it his truth detector. I believe the last time they did an audit it was 98.5%. Ya 'spose DUmmie land could even come close? Hell, I doubt they are close to 50%!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 01:51:40 PM »
I am certain they score 98.5%, but in the incorrect column.  :evillaugh:

better now, OK
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 03:18:11 PM by Peter3_1 »

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 02:28:15 PM »
I am certain thay sacoe 98.5%, but in the incorrect column.  :evillaugh:
HUH? care to explain that post? :mental:

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 03:05:06 PM »
I am certain thay sacoe 98.5%, but in the incorrect column.  :evillaugh:
HUH? care to explain that post? :mental:

he's referring to the libs being 98.5% incorrect, not rush... calm down dino

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 03:43:40 PM »

better now, OK
Now I understand. Wasn't sure at first, what you were gettin' at with the first post.  :thatsright:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »

That's why I like Rush.

Rush is immenensly friendly.. that's why he has so many listeners. Yeah, I like Rush too.. and my name is in his top 10 of all time :-)
Rush has a staff for fact checking everything he says. He calls it his truth detector. I believe the last time they did an audit it was 98.5%. Ya 'spose DUmmie land could even come close? Hell, I doubt they are close to 50%!

Rush does indeed have a staff that helps him find info - but its an outside company that tracks his truthiness. no way could Rush say "MY staff says i'm 98% factually correct." that would just never fly.

i think the outside company is non partisan..

Offline Lauri

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 01:09:20 PM »

better now, OK

yup.. Obama gets a near 100% from all the best leftie groups; NARAL, GLSTN, Planned Parenthood, unions.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 06:59:59 AM »
What a surprising article! I'm shocked it wasn't a simple hit-job...

My favorite part:

Limbaugh’s program that day was, as usual, a virtuoso performance. He took a few calls, but mostly he delivered a series of monologues on political and cultural topics. Limbaugh works extemporaneously. He has no writers or script, just notes and a producer on the line from New York with occasional bits of information. That day, and every day, he produced 10,000 words of fluent, often clever political talk.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Lauri

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 02:18:04 PM »
What a surprising article! I'm shocked it wasn't a simple hit-job...

My favorite part:

today he was playing audio from some of the weekend shows where you'd think people would be excoriating Rush for getting all that money. but no! they were saying things like, "Rush is a charming guy.." "He breeds hope"
 "he has dead on analysis and always tells it like it is. whether you agree with him or not, he is a truth detector" and on and on...

Rush got the biggest kick out of it, cause he knows the moonbats are listening and just foaming at the mouth over his pay and his freedom to say whatever he likes.

if Nancy Pelosi can somehow manage to stop him though, they'd be all over that.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »

better now, OK
Now I understand. Wasn't sure at first, what you were gettin' at with the first post.  :thatsright:

Peter isn't a moonbat................hell I'm scared of him
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 12:50:03 PM »
Why, because I graduated from the Atilla the Hun sSchool of politics BEFORE Rush did? THERE'S NO REASON TO FEAR UBERDOG IS HERE!