Author Topic: Dems declare Tea Party over  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Dems declare Tea Party over
« on: November 05, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »
Tomorrow is going to be awesome. Their memo to the press is a textbook example of delusion. :evillaugh:

Yahoo

MADISON, Wisc. -- The tea party, at least its widespread influence on Republican congressional candidates, "is over," declared the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the party group charged with electing Democrats to the House.

"House Republican incumbents — and their candidates — are running as far away from the Tea Party as they can," a pre-election DCCC memo provided to Yahoo News reads.  "Regardless of whether [Republicans] win or lose, the Tea Party of 2010 is over. They've been forced on defense in the message fight all cycle long, and now those who win will have done so by giving up on the Tea Party."

The memo argues that Republican lawmakers who arose from the tea party are now promoting bipartisanship and willingness to compromise in their re-election bids instead of embracing the hardline messages that propelled their campaigns two years ago.

It is possible, of course, that this Democratic declaration is premature. Tea party-backed candidates dominated Republican primary contests across the country in 2012, launching what could be a new class of future Republican leaders. In Texas, Ted Cruz defeated the establishment candidate backed by Gov. Rick Perry, and in Indiana, Richard Mourdock forced longtime Republican Sen. Richard Lugar into early retirement. Looking to 2013, tea party groups who are begrudgingly backing Romney have vowed to press him, should he become president, toward conservative positions.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline micmac

Re: Dems declare Tea Party over
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
Sounds like wishful thinking on their part.  The Tea Party is very real, motivated, and ready to roll over Obama tomorrow.  We frustrate the MSM and the left because they cannot put us in a box.  We have no real leaders to disparage and their attempts to paint us as bitterly clinging uneducated racists has simply blown up in their frustrated little faces.

We came together to oust Pelosi and take the house in 2010, we came together to help Scott Walker, and we will amass tomorrow to save our country from the greatest threat it has ever faced, Barack Hussein Obama and his flock of sycophants.  Godspeed.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 02:02:10 PM »
It's your Neo-Communist Party that's over, bitches.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »
I didn't read past the first paragraph. 

That's not your call to make, asshats. 

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »
Pride goeth before a fall.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »
If obama wins, you will see the Tea Party grow exponentially.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline BigTex

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 05:35:24 PM »
If the tea party backed Akin and Mourdock lose what should have been easy wins and cost us senate control because of it I can see the tea party movement getting a bit smaller.

Theres also a purist element in the tea party where one wrong vote or statement gets you disavowed. They screamed bloody murder when Allen West said he liked a provision in Obamacare or when Rubio proposed immigration reform. The newly launched "Tea Party News Network" refused to endorse Romney. That type of element in the tea party isnt doing the movement's name any favors.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 06:07:17 PM »
This is ONE organization based in Arizona. The guy running it is;   Todd Cefaratti
http://abouttoddcefaratti.net/

The Tea Party News Network Editorial   (worth reading)

http://tpnn.com/special-tpnn-announcement/

Why The Founder Of NotMittRomney.com Has Already Voted For Mitt Romney
November 5, 2012

By John Hawkins
 TPNN Contributor

http://tpnn.com/why-the-co-founder-of-notmittromney-com-has-already-voted-for-mitt-romney/

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:22:35 PM by J P Sousa »
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne