Current Events > The DUmpster

Mom forced to live in car with dogs

(1/4) > >>

tuolumnejim:
I read about this on another forum, and at the DUmp you can see their normal (for them) hand wringing and blaming President Bush, what you don't see is most of them questioning why somebody spends 3/4 of their income on a rental.  :thatsright:

Link

--- Quote ---Debau2005  (1000+ posts)       Tue May-20-08 01:57 PM
Original message
Mom forced to live in car with dogs
 "Harvey was forced into homelessness earlier this year after being laid off. She said that three-quarters of her income went to paying rent in Santa Barbara, where the median house in the scenic, oceanfront city costs more than $1 million. She lost her condo two months ago and had little savings as backup."

I am speechless! I am so horrified by this and ashamed. My husband lost his job yesterday, and we currently have 2 house payments. We are getting his ready to either sell or rent. We just got married. I have been so consumed with the other house, that I haven't thought about the people with none.

This is one of those times that I wish I had the means to rent to someone like Barbara Harvey.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/05/19/homeless...

The more I read and see, the more I am stunned by the indifference of the Republicans, conservatives, and this administration!

--- End quote ---

You first there catgirl.  :uhsure:

--- Quote ---catgirl  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-20-08 02:16 PM
Response to Original message
6. It's time for people to open up their homes to these people

This is unacceptable.
CG
--- End quote ---

Oh noooos, a low post count preaching responsibility it must be a freeper, your TS is being chisled right now. (we need a new smiley of a TS getting chiseled)

--- Quote ---DelScorchoSr (18 posts)     Tue May-20-08 02:20 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. It's time for people to open up their homes to these people - ???
 Why would I open up my 120k Midwestern home to someone who lost their million dollar condo?

Perhaps it's time for people to live within their means.
--- End quote ---

USA4ME:

--- Quote from: ---catgirl

This is unacceptable.

CG
--- End quote ---

Reminds me of the time at the SF Indymedia board where they were complaining about all the homeless having to sleep out in the streets, so I made an announcement on their board that all homeless people who needed shelter should attend the next SF Indymedia meeting and the attendies would be more than happy to take them home to stay with them.  They erased my message so quick it was laughable.

franksolich:
Well now, doesn't the sparkling husband primitive live somewhere reasonably close to Santa Barbara?

And hasn't the sparkling husband primitive yelled-and-screamed, and temper-tantrumed, about the homeless before?

And didn't the sparkling husband primitive just get done remodeling a rowhouse he owns and rents out?

One thinks the sparkling husband primitive should put his money where his mouth is, and give this woman and her dogs a home.  And if she can't be found, the bobbolink primitive is always looking for a place to live rent-free, and the shadowy primitive, a cab-driver in upstate New York, wants to move.

I think the sparkling husband primitive has the solution to this, right there in his own hands.

Servonaut:

--- Quote ---A former loan processor, the 67-year-old mother of three grown children said she never thought she'd spend her golden years sleeping in her car in a parking lot.
--- End quote ---

Where is her family ?  Why aren't they helping her. 

Willow:

--- Quote from: USA4ME on May 20, 2008, 09:51:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: ---catgirl

This is unacceptable.

CG
--- End quote ---

Reminds me of the time at the SF Indymedia board where they were complaining about all the homeless having to sleep out in the streets, so I made an announcement on their board that all homeless people who needed shelter should attend the next SF Indymedia meeting and the attendies would be more than happy to take them home to stay with them.  They erased my message so quick it was laughable.

--- End quote ---

I wish I could have been there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version