Author Topic: How do we the people get rid of companies like Blackwater Worldwide?  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3049356

quadriga (171 posts)        Sun Mar-23-08 11:17 AM
Original message
How do we the people get rid of companies like Blackwater Worldwide?
   Or are we stuck with them. Sidelined, having to watch them grow larger and larger without being able to do anything about them and the threat they pose to a Democratic society.

The comments that follow are very revealing.

morningglory  (1000+ posts)       Sun Mar-23-08 11:40 AM
Response to Reply #7
17. Republic contributors. Simple. Get rid of the republic menace, and then...
   No one would spend that kind of money unless it was a requirement. No, they (BW) are christian right republics and they need money(high, no-bid contracts). We have to rid ourselves of these leeches.

My how well spoken you are. :whatever:

datasuspect  (1000+ posts)        Sun Mar-23-08 11:24 AM
Response to Original message
8. insurrection and civil war.

Take the first shot skippy. ::)

patrice  (1000+ posts)         Sun Mar-23-08 11:29 AM
10. Difficult but extremely Important question . . .
   Edited on Sun Mar-23-08 11:34 AM by patrice
Vote out any elected representative that votes for spending our tax dollars on Blackwater. Work against elected representatives who spend our tax dollars on Blackwater by communicating widely and persistently in your area about the dangers of Private Killers. Form a speakers bureau to educate your community.

Negatively connect Blackwater to other issues that people care about. Make the case that Blackwater is Pro-Death not Pro-Life. Or show the financial impacts on vital government services.

In other words...Anything to advance libthink is acceptible even if it means spreading falsehoods.  :bird:

leftofthedial (1000+ posts)        Sun Mar-23-08 11:32 AM
12. kill em and eat em

Another of the superintellectuals weighs in.

supernova  (1000+ posts)         Sun Mar-23-08 11:43 AM
18. I think the problem isn't Blackwater
   *putting on my asbestos shorts*

God knows I hate Blackwater and all that it represents. Yes, Blackwater and "businesses" like it (yes, it's not the only one) are in business to serve a need. But it isn't the one that you think.

The problem with Blackwater is the employees themselves. These are people who get out of the military... maybe they retire, maybe they are discharged with their stint is up.

They don't know what to do with themselves when they are no longer military. When they get out, they still, STILL want to keep doing the things they were doing in the military.

Blackwater would not exist without these guys who only want to see themselves as soldiers. It's like they have one track minds about and can't imagine themselves as anything else, the consequences or the morality of any given conflict be damned.

That's the real problem we will have to deal with, these knights errant, if we really want the Blackwaters of the world to disappear.

And it's not new. The same problem happened in the Middle Ages after the Crusades were over. All those soldiers came home and had nothing to do. So what did they do? They turned to terrorizing their own countries.

:bird: :bird:

To top it all off,this in response..

LiberalFighter  (1000+ posts)         Sun Mar-23-08 12:51 PM
Response to Reply #18
20. Revoke their citizenship. Tax them on all their income.
   Restrict where they can live.

Scary people Skins has collected to himself.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: How do we the people get rid of companies like Blackwater Worldwide?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 12:13:28 PM »
How do we the people get rid of companies like Blackwater Worldwide?

Don't you mean "we the DUmmies"?  No one else gives a fig.  Idiots.

And the answer to your ridiculous question is - you can't!  You are about as useful and important as soap scum.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 12:19:03 PM »
I'm sure these people would love to hear the same thing said about Blacks,Gays and Lesbians and other minorities. I mean really what is the differance on who to get rid of when all you have to do is change the name just like Hitler did. First he got rid of the gypsys then he got rid of the gays and the mentally retarded then he went after the Jews. Dummies think that they are so smart.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 12:57:35 PM »
The DUmmies do realize that Blackwater provides a wide range of services including security? They provide training to civilians as well as law enforcement and are a LEGAL and highly respected business.

Primitives always complain and threaten to "do away" with those they do not agree with and in the very next breath they accuse conservatives of being Nazi's...and of course they never see the hypocrisy in their own behavior. :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 03:59:01 PM »
The DUmmies do realize that Blackwater provides a wide range of services including security? They provide training to civilians as well as law enforcement and are a LEGAL and highly respected business.

Primitives always complain and threaten to "do away" with those they do not agree with and in the very next breath they accuse conservatives of being Nazi's...and of course they never see the hypocrisy in their own behavior. :mental:

Another thing--just when did Blackwater get its start?  I seem to remember that it was sometime in the mid 90s . . . Just who was president then?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:13:40 PM »

Another thing--just when did Blackwater get its start?  I seem to remember that it was sometime in the mid 90s . . . Just who was president then?

It's still * fault (Dump mode Off)
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"