Author Topic: cali primitive whistling past the graveyard  (Read 1269 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
cali primitive whistling past the graveyard
« on: March 19, 2008, 01:18:50 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5152275

You know, really, one expects better of a first-tier primitive.

cali  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-19-08 07:00 AM
Original message

The strange and lingering campaign of Hillary Clinton

Any other candidate but the one named Hillary Clinton would have been declared politically dead a month ago. But not Hillary. She's in it now and hasn't been written off, solely because she is married to Bill and that gives her a pass.

Despite the incessant whining of the candidate, her surrogates and supporters about the media, it's the media that has kept Hillary's campaign alive. It's her life support system. Chuck Todd puts it well:

"A Clinton always finds a way to survive, so goes the myth <...>

While the mechanics of the Democratic nomination fight overwhelmingly favor Obama, the media is giving Clinton a huge lift. And this comes after a year of Clinton complaints that the media was doing them more harm than good.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23679299 /

And Todd goes on to detail Hillary's big SD problem: In essence, the SDs remember that a Clinton is not good for down ticket races. And more than a few, plain out don't like or trust Bill or Hillary. Read what Todd has to say at the above link.

Hillary Clinton is staying in this race out of sheer arrogance and the hope that something- anything- will torpedo Obama. And only dear Hillary would get this kind of a pass. Watch her over the next month: She'll stoop to anything. She's flat out desperate, because time is running out on her. Hell, it's already run out.

Is she a spoiler? Well, no, but it's clear that Hillary's concern isn't for the country or the dem party. It's all about Hill.

More and more analysts are pointing out that she can't win the nomination. Now they need to ask: Why is Hillary Clinton staying in this race? What are her motivations?

Clinton is not going to be the nominee. She ran a terrible campaign, she had massive advantages and blew them. She was outsmarted, outstrategized and and outclassed by Obama. She richly deserves her loss.

Deep13  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-19-08 10:19 AM
Response to Reply #1

34. What a load of crap.

Self-deluding arrogance!

If you accept the premise that O cannot win in November because of inexperience in national security and this Wright thing (I know you don't accept it, but I do) then HC is staying in because she is the only remaining chance the Ds have in November.

Anyone who thinks him or herself the best choice out of 300,000,000 people to run the unwieldy Fed. Govt. is by definition an egomaniac.

Deep13  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-19-08 12:15 PM
Response to Reply #43

44. You're changing the subject which can reasonably be seen as evasive.

The point is there are reasons besides ego for her to continue.

HC's campaign is running well now. Since only successful campaigns result in successful elections, there is not way to know whether running a lousy campaign correlates to being a poor manager while in office. Frankly, anyone who declines to draw on the experience of others has no business being in charge of anything, so I consider "coaching" by Bill to be an asset.

Clark2008  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-19-08 12:17 PM
Response to Reply #34

45. Personally, I've been practicing saying "Pres. John McCain."

Of course, it makes me gag, but I don't see either Obama or Clinton winning. This country is still far too racist and sexist.

Deep13  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-19-08 12:23 PM
Response to Reply #45

46. *sigh* Yep, I know it.

If the DNC had a brain in its head it would find a way to force HC and O out and release their delegates to Edwards.

Perry Logan  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-19-08 07:07 AM
Response to Original message

2. I love ya, cali. But I don't think you or the other anti-Clintonites can read Hillary's mind. 

Hatred alone would tend to clog your mind-reading abilities.

This business of reading Hillary's mind and heart is a big part of the whole anti-Hillary thing at DU.

I would call your attention to the fact that Hillary's "thoughts" (as transmitted by those who oppose her) invariably sound like the thoughts of a comic-book villain. If she were a guy, she'd be laughing and twirling her moustache.

Not to be rude, but you also ignore recent events, and the distinct possibility that Obama has been knocked out of the race altogether. In this respect, Hillary's actions don't seem quite so strange.

P.S.: I'm not saying, much less hoping, that the wheels have fallen off the Obamamobile. Just acknowledging the possibility.

There's more, but franksolich has a headache.

I was hoping the non-primitive Fredda would show up to show up the cali primitive, but alas she's not there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: cali primitive whistling past the graveyard
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 01:30:58 PM »
The cornerstone of Democratic party politics:  If your candidate can't win, then quit because you're tearing us apart.

Funny how winning is more important than the democrat election process.

Also, it's not so much interesting how much sexism and racism there is in the Democrat party, because we all knew it existed all along.  What's going to be interesting is how they deny they're sexist and racist when all this is over.  And the one's calling each other racist and sexist will tell us the libs they were calling sexist and racist were not really sexist and racist.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »

... And the one's calling each other racist and sexist will tell us the libs they were calling sexist and racist were not really sexist and racist.

Or not really libs. It's enough to make you feel like they've just put your brain through a blender along with theirs.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 07:43:16 PM »
Objectively, Barack's lead is actually slim enough that a major faux pas on his part or successful Clinton Character Assassinatin Move (tm) could easily turn the tables completely.  The Obamaniacs are really counting their chickens before they hatch.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 01:18:11 AM »
I love how they think that the only reason Hillary or Obama can't win, is because people are racist or sexist.   :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 04:44:36 AM »
I've said this before--HilLIARy will attempt to go pro-life.  She's that desperate.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 05:17:30 AM »
I love how they think that the only reason Hillary or Obama can't win, is because people are racist or sexist.   :whatever:

That is the "when did you stop beating your wife" sort of issue.
It is a defensive excuse which automatically denies that decent people could possibly disagree with them on beliefs and policies therefore if you do you can`t be decent.

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 05:31:31 PM »

That is the "when did you stop beating your wife" sort of issue.
It is a defensive excuse which automatically denies that decent people could possibly disagree with them on beliefs and policies therefore if you do you can`t be decent.

Completely incapable of any form of rational discourse or self-accountability. The wackiest among them won't dialogue with the centrists, call them trolls, disruptors, or waterboys for the "rethugs" and such. Blame conspiratorial outside forces, whereas I can see most or all of it engendered within.