Current Events > The DUmpster

**** NADER!

(1/2) > >>

Lauri:

--- Quote ---LoZoccolo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-30-08 11:40 AM
Original message
**** NADER!
--- End quote ---

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4289148

whats that affliction where you just scream things out?

i think they are maybe going insane over there today..  :popcorn:

Lord Undies:

--- Quote ---jgraz  (1000+ posts)         Wed Jan-30-08 03:53 PM
Response to Reply #30
34. It did happen -- all except the part where Nader tanked the election
   A few facts you may not be aware of:

1. Gore and the DNC ran away from the record of the most popular Democratic president in a generation
2. Gore and the DNC picked a right-wing religious fanatic as the veep candidate.
3. Gore and the DNC ignored the MASSIVE, ILLEGAL scrubbing of African Americans from the Florida voter rolls

And even with all that (and more)

4. Gore won.

It's so much easier to hate than to actually remember recent history, isn't it?
--- End quote ---

1.  You make it sound like there are so many from which to choose.  How many democrat presidents has there been in the last generation?

2.  Yeah, DUmbass.  Joe Lieberman was the reason Gore lost.  And, BTW, at the time the left was in perpetual hard-on status about ol' Joe.

3.  You're dreaming.

4.  Gore would have been president if his home state of Tennessee had voted for him.  Got that?  Gore's home state soundly rejected him.

Happy Fun Ball:

--- Quote ---LoZoccolo  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-30-08 11:42 AM
Response to Reply #1
4. Apparently he's running now.
 I thought about quitting DU for a while; now I think I will stay if only to bash Nader.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Baclava (1000+ posts)      Wed Jan-30-08 04:05 PM
Response to Reply #1
40. Here's what he said....
 "When Kucinich threw in the towel, now you have Edwards gone — who's going to carry the torch of democratic populism against the relentless domination of powerful corporations of our government?" Nader said. "You can't just brush these issues to the side because the candidates are ignoring them."

He has harsh words for the leading Democratic candidates, Sen. Hillary Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama, chastising them for failing to advance aggressive plans to tax corporations more fairly, and to fight for a vastly higher minimum wage.

Obama, he said, is a particular disappointment, since his background suggests that he knows the importance of progressive issues yet hasn't fought for them in the Senate.

"His record in the Senate is pretty mediocre," Nader said. "His most distinctive characteristic is the extent to which he censors himself. He hasn't performed as a really progressive first-term senator would."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=4215961&page=1
--- End quote ---
Please do this. It would make this election year (and DU) far more interesting.

jukin:
I will be sending $100 to the Nader campaign if he runs.

BTW Duchegabs, clinton never won more than 49% of the vote and would never have been elected without Ross Perot.

Chris_:

--- Quote from: Lauri on January 30, 2008, 02:59:10 PM ---
--- Quote ---LoZoccolo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-30-08 11:40 AM
Original message
**** NADER!
--- End quote ---

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4289148

whats that affliction where you just scream things out?

i think they are maybe going insane over there today..  :popcorn:

--- End quote ---

Tourette Syndrome.

Yep. They got it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version