Current Events > The DUmpster

****! Edwards is out???

(1/2) > >>

Lauri:

--- Quote ---FloridaJudy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-30-08 01:08 PM
Response to Original message
396. ****!

First Kucinich, now Edwards. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the Kiss of Death for candidates.

I do believe that's the first time I've dropped the f-bomb on DU. I was saving it for something as upsetting as this.
--- End quote ---

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3161808

this is a huge thread... over 400 posts so far.

so far, it looks like most of them are switching allegiances to Obama and none too happy with Hilary.

which means, Hilary will win the nomination.  :popcorn:

Lauri:

--- Quote ---Wisconsin for Hill  (54 posts) Wed Jan-30-08 01:22 PM
Response to Reply #403
409. Edwards lacked money because he lacked ideas and experience. It's time to face facts. HRC is the nominee and it's time for you to rally behind her.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---KC2    Wed Jan-30-08 01:30 PM
Response to Reply #409
418. You are entitled to your opinion. But your opinion is not a fact.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Wisconsin for Hill (54 posts) Wed Jan-30-08 01:34 PM
Response to Reply #418
421. um.... actually that is a fact

Check the figures for fundraising and polls. It's not a fact because I say it is, it's a fact because numbers don't lie
--- End quote ---

TheSarge:
I swear sometimes you jsut switch out the candidates names and both parties are saying the same exact things.

bijou:
Not worth a new thread but:

--- Quote ---mycritters2  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jan-30-08 02:14 PM
Original message
My dad called this morning, to make sure I was okay.
He sounded very serious, and I couldn't imagine why. We had talked just last night, and apart from comparing our weather conditions, all was well. But he called this morning, "to check on you." Why? Because Edwards is dropping out. He knew how important this was to me (though I think he's for Hillary). I have a good dad. 

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Lex  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-30-08 02:15 PM
2. Here's to good Dads.
 Mine is crushed I know that Edwards has withdrawn. He saw him as the only one who could really beat the Repubs in GE, so to him it means 4 more years of a Republican president. It terrifies him. And me.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Reverend_Smitty  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-30-08 02:18 PM
7. That's sweet of your dad
 I'm pretty bummed about this too. I'm not as crushed as I was in 04, I guess because I saw the writing on the wall. The day after election day 04, I couldn't even get out of bed and started crying spontaneously. That was awful, I never want to feel like that again

--- End quote ---
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7412173

OK these people are starting to scare me.

Chris_:

--- Quote from: bijou on January 30, 2008, 05:10:45 PM ---Not worth a new thread but:

--- Quote ---mycritters2  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jan-30-08 02:14 PM
Original message
My dad called this morning, to make sure I was okay.
He sounded very serious, and I couldn't imagine why. We had talked just last night, and apart from comparing our weather conditions, all was well. But he called this morning, "to check on you." Why? Because Edwards is dropping out. He knew how important this was to me (though I think he's for Hillary). I have a good dad. 

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Lex  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-30-08 02:15 PM
2. Here's to good Dads.
 Mine is crushed I know that Edwards has withdrawn. He saw him as the only one who could really beat the Repubs in GE, so to him it means 4 more years of a Republican president. It terrifies him. And me.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Reverend_Smitty  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-30-08 02:18 PM
7. That's sweet of your dad
 I'm pretty bummed about this too. I'm not as crushed as I was in 04, I guess because I saw the writing on the wall. The day after election day 04, I couldn't even get out of bed and started crying spontaneously. That was awful, I never want to feel like that again

--- End quote ---
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7412173

OK these people are starting to scare me.

--- End quote ---

"Starting to?" These people eat/sleep/crap moonbat politics.  Their own petty, miserable lives don't have much importance, so they imbue themselves with importance by screaming about every little thing, no matter how stupid. Like supporting Edwards who is so wrong on so many levels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version