Current Events > The DUmpster

"DC elite, in fact, never liked Bill..."

<< < (2/4) > >>

Wretched Excess:

--- Quote from: Lauri on January 29, 2008, 11:06:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wretched Excess on January 29, 2008, 10:55:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lauri on January 29, 2008, 10:50:39 PM ---i think its been fractured for a long, long time... we just didnt have any way of knowing who was loyal to who.

now a few of the big cheeses are abandoning Hilary in such a public way..  and is Howard Dean dead? where is that guy?

--- End quote ---

hillary still leads in committed superdelegates, who are primarily members of congress.   the MSM is just reinforcing the "obama is inevitable" theory, which they created after the SC primary to take the place of the "hillary is inevitable" theory after NH, which they created after their "obama is inevitable" theory, which . . . .

they don't have any more of a clue how this thing is going to turn out than you or I do.

--- End quote ---

gotcha :-)

now... is Howie tied up in a closet somewhere?

--- End quote ---

you don't hear very much from him, do you?

he was the toast of the town after the dems won congress.  I suppose it's proper for the DNC chairman to keep a low profile after the nominee becomes apparent, but that just hasn't happened yet.

where is howard dean?

Wretched Excess:

um, it looks like he is in Geneva.  Wow, now THAT is hiding a guy.:whatever: :-)

the art they used for this story is hilarious.

Chris_:
This is so delicious,I could eat it up with a spoon.

I don't know what the hell will happen this go-around, but for the moment, I shall taste the sweet tears of my enemies.

Chris_:

--- Quote ---Jai4WKC08  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-30-08 03:23 AM
Response to Reply #36
43. They hated Carter too

Edited on Wed Jan-30-08 03:24 AM by Jai4WKC08
I think it's prejudice against Southerners. Carter was a naval academy grad with a masters in nuclear physics, and Clinton a Rhodes Scholar, but they still were looked down upon as ignorant red-neck hicks by the DC/Eastern seaboard elite. The Clintons were actually called trailer trash.

I remember hearing Wolf Blitzer interview Wes Clark and he said something to the effect, two Rhodes Scholars from Arkansas? Who would have thought that possible? Clark sort of bristled but told him that there are lots of smart folks from Arkansas, but Wolf acted like he really didn't believe him.
--- End quote ---

I may despise these assholes, but this guy/gal/thing hits it dead on.

There is an Eastern bias.  Clinton may be amoral trailer trash, but his intelligence can not be questioned.

The most important thing we, as Conservatives, can do is to see the unvarnished truth.  Billary is a very, very savvy combination. 

But DC politics is a force in its own right.  And, should the hick-sticks provide us a good candidate in the future, we need to heed the reaction of DC.

Lauri:

--- Quote from: freedumb2003 on January 29, 2008, 11:34:39 PM ---
--- Quote ---Jai4WKC08  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-30-08 03:23 AM
Response to Reply #36
43. They hated Carter too

Edited on Wed Jan-30-08 03:24 AM by Jai4WKC08
I think it's prejudice against Southerners. Carter was a naval academy grad with a masters in nuclear physics, and Clinton a Rhodes Scholar, but they still were looked down upon as ignorant red-neck hicks by the DC/Eastern seaboard elite. The Clintons were actually called trailer trash.

I remember hearing Wolf Blitzer interview Wes Clark and he said something to the effect, two Rhodes Scholars from Arkansas? Who would have thought that possible? Clark sort of bristled but told him that there are lots of smart folks from Arkansas, but Wolf acted like he really didn't believe him.
--- End quote ---

I may despise these assholes, but this guy/gal/thing hits it dead on.

There is an Eastern bias.  Clinton may be amoral trailer trash, but his intelligence can not be questioned.

The most important thing we, as Conservatives, can do is to see the unvarnished truth.  Billary is a very, very savvy combination. 

But DC politics is a force in its own right.  And, should the hick-sticks provide us a good candidate in the future, we need to heed the reaction of DC.

--- End quote ---

I read that post and wondered what 'two scholars from Arkansas' is the DUmmy talking about? I know Bill Clinton is one of them.. who is the other? Not Hilary..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version