Current Events > The DUmpster

primitives secretly shop

(1/1)

franksolich:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=362x617

Oh my.

--- Quote ---AZBlue  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-29-07 11:31 PM
Original message

Is anyone a Secret Shopper?

If so, what company do you work with? I see a lot online and they always charge an application fee, which makes me leery. I don't mind paying $25 or $35 to get set up if it's legit, but I'm scared they'll take my money and I'll never be able to get any info after that.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---28erl  (1000+ posts)      Sun Sep-30-07 12:21 AM
Response to Original message

1. do not pay an application fee - that is how they make their money

there are legit ones out there - but they do not pay much - say it is a fast food place - you get the meal free and they may pay $5 and then you have to do a report or sometimes take pictures - it really did not seem worth it to me for your time, gas, and effot
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---AZBlue  (1000+ posts)        Sun Sep-30-07 03:14 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Oh....wow, they certainly promote it as paying better than that.

Yeah, you're right...that's not much for your time. Not to mention your gas, these days!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---lizzieforkerry  (1000+ posts)      Wed Oct-29-08 01:32 AM
Response to Reply #2

4. I do this all of the time!

DO NOT PAY A FEE TO JOIN A COMPANY! Sorry for yelling at you butI wanted to make sure you heard. Email me and I can send you some links for some great companies to work for. Most require a Paypal account. You can do shops without any training and then there are levels of training that you can complete to get better and better jobs. I haven't paid for an oil change for my car in 4 years. I don't make a lot of money doin git but get free stuff a lot. Oil changes, birthday cards, meals, tickets to baseball games, etc.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---bushwentawol  (1000+ posts)        Sun Sep-30-07 09:52 PM
Response to Original message

3. I did that about 15 years ago, working for a company that was contracting with Golden Corral. I'd get my meal free + $10. I remember reading awhile back that some people can make a decent part-time income but they've got to live in a fairly large city and deal with a number of companies to do it. As far as a legitimate one I don't know where they are, except that asking you for a fee upfront is a clear signal that their company's a scam. When I did my brief stint as a secret shopper they had an ad in the newspaper.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version