Author Topic: Worst. Bouncy. EVER: So, I took my wife to the emergency room...  (Read 987 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7442171

daninthemoon (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-13-08 10:02 PM
Original message
So, I took my wife to the emrgency room this afternoon because she
hurt her back. Her regular dr is at the VA clinic, and was not available. Anyway, the e.r. dr took an xray, told us she should get an mri through her primary care doc, and gave her some pain pills. That's not why i'm writing. The dr felt the need to lecture us on the danger from politicians promoting universal health care. He went on at length, telling us that the non-responsive care from the VA was what government health care would be like. Salaried doctors simply are not motivated to see extra/emergency patients, wheras billing doctors will fit in as many as possible to make more money. I would have argued, but my wife was in great pain, and we just wanted to get her meds and leave. We both felt violated. I suspect that every suffering emergency patient he sees gets the same lecture. Meanwhile, my wife still needs to be seen by a doctor who might actually do the mri and help her out.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jukin

Re: Worst. Bouncy. EVER: So, I took my wife to the emergency room...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 10:03:58 PM »
How much did that ER visit cost the taxpayers?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 10:24:48 PM »
OP would probably prefer that the govt ran the health care system and she had to wait eight hours for a bed, never mind the xray.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 10:30:55 PM »
I really wish those idiots could get a taste of what they are are asking for.  Seriously, I wish they could catch dysentery or something of the sort, that isn't necessarily deadly but is painful and requires treatment, and have to get treatment in some land of socialized medicine. 

I would lay money on how fast they would run back to here.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 08:37:06 AM »
And just what would said DUmmie argue?  Nuh UH!!!  Docs are all working for the people.  They don't give a damn about a dime!!  They went to college and got their degree so they could help others.  They don't mind getting up at 2 am to make a run to the hospital to help someone even if they don't get any extra money.

Yeah, I can see its point.

:whatever:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen