Author Topic: Another school stretchy (Greenbriar)  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Another school stretchy (Greenbriar)
« on: October 12, 2008, 10:49:07 PM »
greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Oct-12-08 10:14 PM
Original message
My computer tech had to replace my speakers on moniter. I was playing Dixie Chicks when she came in

Edited on Sun Oct-12-08 10:18 PM by greenbriar
Friday, we had a teacher work day...no students so we could jam or have the TV on or what ever we wanted while we were doing grades and cleaning our rooms

she looked at me and said

"I don't like the Dixie Chicks"

I didn't really feel like arguing so I just said, Well I do and it is my classroom

she again said

"I don't like them"

I just ignored her and she replaced the speakers...

What a dumb heffer... like she wanted me to turn them off because she didn't like them?

I should have said

"Why, because they spoke the truth long before most people recognized it?

Or because the Dixie chicks make sub-par music.   :whatever:
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Another school stretchy (Greenbriar)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 11:08:17 PM »

Sorry, there is no Mr. Stretchy.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 11:49:57 PM »
I like the term!

A "Stretchy"!

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 11:53:34 PM »
I like the term!

A "Stretchy"!

It's Frank's term.  :wink: 

This doesn't live up to a bouncy, as the tech didn't actually ask for the music to be turned off, and Greenbriar didn't lecture the tech on the evvvvvillll repubs and the wonderful greatness of the Dixie Chicks speaking truth to power!
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 11:56:09 PM »
The tech would have had to bring her own bushes to jump out of.  Maybe if Greenbriar had mentioned some sort of potted plant.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 04:32:31 AM »
There's no cop involved . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 06:11:19 AM »
no conversions. She should have said that she made the computer tech into an Ooobama lovin' Dixie Chick listenin' liberal.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 06:26:29 AM »
Or it could have been that she liked different music then you, greenbriar...geez! :whatever:

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 08:19:05 AM »
The hell is a "heffer?"  Hugh?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 12:40:02 AM »
The hell is a "heffer?"  Hugh?

It is a very un-feminist insult: a cow. 

Typical for a feminazi to put down one of her own gender with a macho term.

Scratch a liberal, find a sexist.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 07:07:30 AM »
It is a very un-feminist insult: a cow. 

Typical for a feminazi to put down one of her own gender with a macho term.

Scratch a liberal, find a sexist.

That's a heifer.
Stink Eye

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 07:14:31 AM »
I still like the stuff the Chicks put out prior to their moronic rant agaisnt the President and their rise to Liberal darlings.

My revenge on them is I download their stuff for free on Limewire  :bird:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 07:42:50 AM »
Tech gal replacing speakers? If she didn't want to hear the music she didn't have to plug the speakers in till she was leavin....The gal prolly told het to take out the CD so she could work on the PC ...
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 07:44:33 AM »
Tech gal replacing speakers? If she didn't want to hear the music she didn't have to plug the speakers in till she was leavin....The gal prolly told het to take out the CD so she could work on the PC ...

And the truth shall set you free!  :cheersmate:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline lastparker

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 09:47:52 AM »
That's a heifer.

Yeah, but she's only a TEACHER, why should she be able to spell?

Maybe she really works in my city.....my son's Kindergarten teacher keeps sending out a weekly newsletter reminding us about "Litracy" Night.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 01:50:26 PM »
So, one of the moonbats I sell eggs to came for her weekly order. You know the type...drives an old Volvo held together with bailing wire and Obama/Peace is Patriotic/I brake for fairies/Impeach Bush bumper stickers and the Dixie Chicks blaring out of the cheap speakers. I sell to a lot of moonbats, they have this thing for organic, free-range brown eggs...they think they're more nutritious which means they pay more for them. Actually, an egg is an egg is an egg, but farm fresh DOES taste better. Anyway, she assumes since I farm organically I must be a lefty nutcase like her. I do it because "organic" is a great niche market for people with small acreage, but anyway (I've been amazed at the DUmmies' photographic memories so I've been working on it myself...just look how far I've come) we got to talking about the election.

She says, "It will be so nice when Obama is elected, the rest of us will finally be treated as gently and fairly as your chickens."

I said, "Actually, these are REPUBLICAN chickens and they really hate the Dixie Chicks. They stop laying all together when they hear them and they resent them stealing "chicks" from them. It's NOT happy at The Happy Clucker Hotel when they come on the radio if I don't change it fast enough. They're voting for McCain. I figure if dead people can vote in the city then chickens ought to be able to vote in the country.

They're treated very well and I adore them, but they DO work for a living. Well, I have ONE moonbat feminist hen who happens to be a pet...good thing too because she rarely lays anymore and that would normally mean a date with the stew pot. On the rare occasion when she HAS to lay an egg she whines and moans and gets the whole yard going...it's pathetic. Then she pouts all day because she actually had to produce something. She lives in subsidized housing in the rabbit barn with other retired/injured chickens."

She said, "Wow, I didn't think Republicans cared about organic food and animals. I'm still not sure though. I mean what about health care and early childhood education?"

Then a cop jumped out of the bushes (actually he's a friend of ours who was here to scope out the wild turkeys) and said, "If you vote for Obama the taxes on this farm will definitely go up and either you'll have to pay more for your eggs or it will go out of business and she won't be able to afford organic feed or the new coop to keep her business growing. Imagine having to buy store bought eggs for your children!"

So she said, "Well, I guess I can think about it. I did want Hillary in the first place and she WAS cheated."

She drove off with her organic Republican eggs, my cop friend went off to "talk turkey" with my husband. I wonder if the Obama sticker will still be on that Volvo when she comes next week.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline djones520

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 01:55:45 PM »
Your bouncy was much more enjoyable.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."