Author Topic: What do we do if GOP States hand the election to the Republicans?  (Read 193 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member edhopper (30,653 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217749294

What do we do if GOP States hand the election to the Republicans?

A number of GOP State legislatures are setting themselves up to decide the winner of the next election. These States have already given the GOP an outsized number in the House. But what happens, despite the popular vote, they give the Senate and Presidency to the Republican candidates?

And we can forget any help from the Supreme Court.

I have no answers and wonder what can be done to stop it. We best start thinking about this now, because it is obvious they are working toward this.

overturning the election?  :???:

Beastly Boy (5,840 posts)

2. Amend the US Constitution.

It has a snowflake's chance in hell, but that's the only remedy available.

Or, we can take the easy way out and work our asses off to change the balances of power in those GOP State legislatures.

4. They are going to ignore the popular vote

how will GOTV change this?

it's not the popular vote that elects the President...

Beastly Boy (5,840 posts)

10. There is nothing in the constitution that allows to overturn state legislatures.

The only other legal way to do this that I can imagine is to give full state status to Puerto Rico and DC. But that's a short term solution that doesn't fundamentally change the picture

Star Member Demsrule86 (65,507 posts)

5. Most of these states would go to the GOP anyway...and I do not believe the gerrymanders

will hold with women voters coming out in favor of abortion rights.

7. "most"

Biden won and we have have the Senate because of Georgia. It might take just one State that ignores the popular vote to swing it.

And the women voters don't matter if they ignore who gets the most votes.

Star Member Emile (11,772 posts)

9. Another reason to do away with the electoral college.

Star Member Hotler (10,160 posts)

17. We will have to launch our own coup. If they take power democracy will die within 24-hours.

The constitution will be suspended, protest will be outlawed and put down by force. Political enemy's and anyone that hurt their feelings will be rounded up and killed (helicopter rides over D.C.) or put in work camps. Their religion will be law. and so on ........

:thatsright:

Jburt301 (1 post)

44. I think the supreme court can and should be fixed, and i think it should be done ASAP....

Add more justices to fix it.

McConnell broke the supreme court when he stole Obamas pick. And it has never been fixed.

I think it needs to be fixed. Maybe this should have been done before we lost the house...I am not sure.

But not fixing it is a huge mistake.

Pack the USSC with Dems, add DC and Puerto Rico as States, do away with the EC... sounds like normal leftist bullshit...

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: What do we do if GOP States hand the election to the Republicans?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 09:05:15 AM »

17. We will have to launch our own coup. If they take power democracy will die within 24-hours.

The constitution will be suspended, protest will be outlawed and put down by force. Political enemy's and anyone that hurt their feelings will be rounded up and killed (helicopter rides over D.C.) or put in work camps. Their religion will be law. and so on ........

OPSEC people.  :mad:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

Re: What do we do if GOP States hand the election to the Republicans?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 10:28:30 AM »

In other words do exactly what the Biden regime did after he stole the 2020 election.

DUmbass DUchebag hotler should be instituionalized for his DUnacy.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.