Author Topic: It's the Trump smokescreen we have witnessed for six or seven years now...  (Read 172 times)

Offline CC27

PCIntern (23,554 posts)

It's the Trump smokescreen we have witnessed for six or seven years now...

It is primitive, but it works every single ****ing time. All of us remember when he was supposed to give a speech all those years ago and was an hour and 15 minutes late routinely, and the camera would be fixed on an empty podium, and the commentators would be talking about him incessantly. In no way, shape, or form can anyone buy airtime like this for anything at all whatsoever.

Obviously, by stating that he was going to be indicted on a given day, that would cause incessant discussion from the moment he announced that to that day and beyond, precluding anything else that might be newsworthy. This whole business with him reminds me of a friend of mine, who in his 20s, took up with this woman who literally would not let him out of bed. She essentially destroyed his life by appealing to the basest of instincts, and he became addicted to that attention. He knew better, the entire time, but there he was, missing work, not interacting with anyone else, and diving into ruin. Of course, she left him for someone else on a moment’s notice, and there he was, empty, jobless, bereft, mourning the “love of his life“ and has never been the same since.

This is how the media is with this jerkoff. They can’t stop themselves, and in a crazy way you can make a case that Trump gets much more press than Biden does, and even if he’s not the president, he is certainly the primary focus of attention in this nation and in his warped mind, that may actually be good enough. This whole thing is just so ****ing sick and repulsive and the worst part is that years from now people in charge will throw up their hands and say, what were we to do? Or deny that this ever happened.

Which reminds me on this anniversary of the Iraq war of my classmate, who, years after the war, when we were discussing the complete and utter fallacy of its being, said “who would’ve known that?” Well, I replied, just about anybody with a brain… including the thousands who protested who could tell it was all lies a priori. How did we know? Because they said it was true.

What a circus we are living in.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217746112

What is it with you and these long threads with no point to them at all?? Are you trying to look smart to your fellow DUmmies?

Offline RuralNc

What is it with you and these long threads with no point to them at all?? Are you trying to look smart to your fellow DUmmies?

He is trying to fill the void that was left empty by Minnesota Moses and his retirement from posting what he called "original posts". In other words, nonsense. He is now hoping that Nance drinks herself into a coma, and Malaise is carried out to the ocean to never be heard from again.