Author Topic: Major US cities brace for possible violence after Atlanta riots ahead of Tyre Ni  (Read 526 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Major US cities brace for possible violence after Atlanta riots ahead of Tyre Nichols video
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/major-us-cities-brace-possible-violence-atlanta-riots-tyre-nichols-video

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp issued a state of emergency order Thursday ahead of potential protests in Atlanta over the weekend in an effort to prevent the unrest and chaos that occurred during last week's riots.

The order calls for 1,000 National Guard troops to be called up. It expires on Feb. 9.

"Georgians respect peaceful protests, but do not tolerate acts of violence against person or property," the order states.

The order said the state of emergency was declared because of "unlawful assemblage, violence, overt threats of violence, disruption of the peace and tranquility of this state and danger existing to persons and property."

Atlanta had riots. The body cam video of Tyre Nichols is to be released on Friday. Could this lead to riots?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Major US cities brace for possible violence after Atlanta riots ahead of Tyre Nichols video
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/major-us-cities-brace-possible-violence-atlanta-riots-tyre-nichols-video

Atlanta had riots. The body cam video of Tyre Nichols is to be released on Friday. Could this lead to riots?

Of course it will. The newest race hustler Benjamin Crump is already stoking it. He's learned well from his predecessors such as The Wrong Reverend Jesse Jackson and Al "Charlatan" Sharpton. One can tell if Crump appears on TV: he's always wearing a $5000 Armani suit.

I'll reserve judgment until I can see evidence, which normal people do when it comes to incidents such as this. Obviously hope for the best and that civil unrest is minimal.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

It’s sad to see the violence and destruction go on with no attempt to stop it.. our so called leaders are not fit to lead if they can’t call this for what it is and put an end to it.

The failure to call out the black community to wake up and put an end to letting blacks riot at will with no consequences is not good for anyone..

Only those who are looking to tear down civilization
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Okay.  A bridge was shut-down in Memphis.  That's it.

Not much happened nationwide, like I was thinking.

If we have situations where reporters outnumber the protestors, this story will shrink in relevancy lightning-fast. 

Yeah, the video looks 'awful' but there's a huge backfire-element as it relates-to the Floyd/Chauvin video... which looks hauntingly orderly and void of hate.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
From what I read this morning, the five BLACK police officers involved in the incident that resulted in Nichols' death were fired from the Memphis police department and arrested. They're now out on bond.

Black on black violence is still somehow propagated and conducted by whites, eh?

The media are complicit in failing to make the distinction that the cops involved were all black. IOW, Kemp's declaration of a state of emergency in Georgia is designed to minimize looting, rioting, injury, and property damage of ...

... wait for it:

... largely black businesses, property, and lives.

This is weapons-grade stupidity. Kinda makes me think that those who riot and destroy just want to riot and destroy -- they don't need a reason beyond that. :whatever:

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Since everyone involved in this latest debacle was black, including the police chief, there’s not much reason to go out and riot against Whitey
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
And the idiots-in-charge in Memphis continue to become more stupid -- if such a thing is possible:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The Memphis police chief disbanded the city’s so-called Scorpion unit on Saturday, citing a “cloud of dishonor” from newly released video that showed some of its officers beating Tyre Nichols to death after stopping the Black motorist.

Police Director Cerelyn “CJ” Davis acted a day after the harrowing video emerged, saying she listened to Nichols’ relatives, community leaders and uninvolved officers in making the decision. Her announcement came as the nation and the city struggled to come to grips with the violence of the officers, who are also Black. The video renewed doubts about why fatal encounters with law enforcement keep happening despite repeated calls for change.

Protestors marching though downtown Memphis cheered when they heard the unit had been dissolved. One protestor said over a bullhorn that “the unit that killed Tyre has been permanently disbanded.”

You just can't make this stuff up. Memphis -- pretty much always a crime-ridden dystopian hellhole -- will become worse, if that's possible.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-memphis-crime-law-enforcement-1b7e8fa4ed7120a897086250d5d6da35
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
...Protestors marching though downtown Memphis cheered when they heard the unit had been dissolved. One protestor said over a bullhorn that “the unit that killed Tyre has been permanently disbanded.”

:whatever:
Until the next time the "city fathers" need a band of jack-booted thugs to keep the lower class from getting "uppity". Then they'll reform the unit under a new name. It's not as if this whole game hasn't been played before...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Until the next time the "city fathers" need a band of jack-booted thugs to keep the lower class from getting "uppity". Then they'll reform the unit under a new name. It's not as if this whole game hasn't been played before...

I really don't understand the need for any violent or peaceful protests. Pretty much everyone agrees that what happened was abhorrent and should never have occurred in the first place. It strikes me that protests are more about the act of  protesting than they are about the subject being protested.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline ADsOutburst

That's what I was thinking. Symbolic move.