Author Topic: USA4ME and Mel Brooks fans: History of the World Part 2 debuts March 2023  (Read 336 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Mel Brooks might be one of the funniest people who’s ever lived. And at 96 years old, the writer/actor/director/producer has a long track record of knowing how to create top-notch comedic parodies that skewer the sacred cows in our culture and helping us laugh at them–and ourselves. I’ll admit, when I see certain celebrities’ names trending on the Twitters, I dread that it’s for … well, you know. But luckily, there isn’t sad news about the comedy legend.

One of Brooks’ comedy triumphs, along with “Blazing Saddles,” “Young Frankenstein,” and “Spaceballs,” is 1981’s “History of the World, Part I.” Not only did the film feature a host of great comedians/actors like Madeline Kahn, Dom DeLuise, Gregory Hines, Harvey Korman, and Brooks himself, it’s eminently quotable, with lines like “It’s good to be the king” becoming a part of our everyday conversations and wider culture.

Now, Brooks is back with what he calls “the long anticipated follow-up” to that film, with a limited series on Hulu called, “History of the World, Part II.”

This sequel of sorts looks to be more of the same absurdity (in a good way) as the first film, retaining the episodic format and including many familiar faces. And there’s one more reason to feel hopeful this will be worth watching–Mel Brooks wrote and co-executive produced it, as The Wrap reports:

After 40 years, the hopes and dreams of a generation have finally come true: “History of the World Pt. 2” is almost here. Hulu announced on Thursday that TV series — the long-awaited sequel to the classic 1982 Mel Brooks movie — will premiere March 6. And along with that announcement comes the official trailer. Watch that above now.

The 8-episode series launches with the first two episodes on March 6, with two episodes released nightly through March 9.

“History of the World Part 2” stars Mel Brooks (who is very much still alive at 96!), Sykes, Nick Kroll, and Ike Barinholtz.

They’re joined by a truly incredible all-star cast that includes: Pamela Adlon, Tim Baltz, Zazie Beetz, Jillian Bell, Quinta Brunson, Dove Cameron, D’Arcy Carden, Ronny Chieng, Rob Corddry, Danny DeVito, David Duchovny, Hannah Einbinder, Jay Ellis, Josh Gad, Kimiko Glenn, Brandon Kyle Goodman, Jake Johnson, Richard Kind, Johnny Knoxville, Lauren Lapkus, Jenifer Lewis, Poppy Liu, Joe Lo Truglio, Jason Mantzoukas, Ken Marino, Jack McBrayer, Zahn McClarnon, Charles Melton, Kumail Nanjiani, Brock O’Hurn, Andrew Rannells, Emily Ratajkowski, Sam Richardson, Nick Robinson, Seth Rogen, Sarah Silverman, Timothy Simons, J.B. Smoove, David Wain, Taika Waititi, Reggie Watts, Tyler James Williams.

Brooks serves as writer and executive producer along with Kroll, Sykes, Barinholtz, and David Stassen.

https://redstate.com/beccalower/2023/01/14/mel-brooks-shows-hes-back-skewering-sacred-cows-in-new-history-of-the-world-part-ii-trailer-n688589

For those not familiar with Part 1:

https://youtu.be/BjKYilLnVcc

And the preview for Part 2:

https://youtu.be/TIfMfLbCbzY
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Love that movie.  Brooks is a genius, as far as I'm concerned.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
To borrow a line from Ron Weasley, "bloody brilliant!"

I want to know who Mr.Brooks has blackmail on in Hollyweird that made it possible for him to slide this through the modern day sewer system there. Getting this produced AT ALL is no mean feat, and given how ate up with woke Hulu appears to be lately, would have taken a miracle.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
 :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

This is great!! Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Ralph!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
To borrow a line from Ron Weasley, "bloody brilliant!"

I want to know who Mr.Brooks has blackmail on in Hollyweird that made it possible for him to slide this through the modern day sewer system there. Getting this produced AT ALL is no mean feat, and given how ate up with woke Hulu appears to be lately, would have taken a miracle.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No earthly idea how Mel Brooks does get away with what he pulls off, but we're all better off for his acerbic brand of humor.

Don't subscribe to Hulu or any streaming entertainment service, but might have to find one of those "first month free" offers just to watch this.

Too bad that many of the cast members have passed since the original: Madelyn Kahn, Harvey Korman, Ron Carey, Gregory Hines, and many others.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
They’re joined by a truly incredible all-star cast that includes: Pamela Adlon, Tim Baltz, Zazie Beetz, Jillian Bell, Quinta Brunson, Dove Cameron, D’Arcy Carden, Ronny Chieng, Rob Corddry, Danny DeVito, David Duchovny, Hannah Einbinder, Jay Ellis, Josh Gad, Kimiko Glenn, Brandon Kyle Goodman, Jake Johnson, Richard Kind, Johnny Knoxville, Lauren Lapkus, Jenifer Lewis, Poppy Liu, Joe Lo Truglio, Jason Mantzoukas, Ken Marino, Jack McBrayer, Zahn McClarnon, Charles Melton, Kumail Nanjiani, Brock O’Hurn, Andrew Rannells, Emily Ratajkowski, Sam Richardson, Nick Robinson, Seth Rogen, Sarah Silverman, Timothy Simons, J.B. Smoove, David Wain, Taika Waititi, Reggie Watts, Tyler James Williams.

The only name I recognize from that list is Danny Devito.  :p

But yeah, they broke the mold after Mel Brooks came around.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.