Author Topic: Ukrainian refugees in Britain are going home for medical treatment rather than e  (Read 390 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Ukrainian refugees in Britain are going home for medical treatment rather than enduring NHS waiting times
https://rmx.news/crime/ukrainian-refugees-in-britain-are-going-home-for-medical-treatment-rather-than-enduring-nhs-waiting-times/

Ukrainian refugees in Britain are making return trips to their homeland to receive medical treatment instead of waiting to access the U.K.’s National Health Service (NHS) after a spate of strikes brought the public healthcare system to its knees.

A report by British news outlet inews cited a number of instances in which those who had fled the conflict in Ukraine simply gave up on long wait times to access medical care in Britain, opting instead for the perilous 24-hour journey to the war-torn country to be seen by a medical professional almost immediately.

The left-wing news outlet used the reports to criticize Britain’s governing Conservative party, which has been locked in fierce, long-running negotiations with unions of NHS workers demanding pay rises in line with Britain’s inflation.

inews detailed the account of one refugee, Maiia Habruk, who reportedly fled the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv last year to settle in southeast London. After suffering a severe toothache, she logged her symptoms on an NHS chatroom and was told to expect a call from a medical professional the following day. This never happened, so she went to her local Accident and Emergency (A&E) department, also without success.

“After waiting four hours, the doctor didn’t even look at me, and she also told me to take paracetamol. Again, it didn’t help, and I was still in severe pain,” Ms. Habruk told the news outlet.

Ukrainian refugees in United Kingdom have to wait to see a doctor, as there is a strike. Some go back to Ukraine to see a doctor, which has little wait time.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I don’t know what this says more about. Honestly. The UK’s health plan, or how unafraid they are to go back to Ukraine for healthcare.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
How about Ukrainian men going back not just for more timely health care, but to kick some Russian ass?

Just a thought. :whistling:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
How about Ukrainian men going back not just for more timely health care, but to kick some Russian ass?

Just a thought. :whistling:

"Just a thought." 

And a good one at that, babe! :cheersmate:

~ ABC
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 09:49:03 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)