Author Topic: Crime HPD: Robber shot, killed by customer at taqueria in SW Houston  (Read 313 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/taqueria-robbery-shooting-houston/285-5dceec19-9c07-444c-b211-4c584738e0fa

HOUSTON — A customer at Ranchito Taqueria shot and killed a man who robbed the restaurant in southwest Houston late Thursday night, according to the Houston Police Department.

It happened just before 11:30 p.m. Thursday at the restaurant on S. Gessner near Bellaire Boulevard.

Houston police said the armed man in a mask came inside the restaurant, demanding money and wallets from customers. However, as he was leaving, one of those customers shot the suspect.

snip

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/taqueria-shooter-houston-police-talk/285-789f268b-531c-4211-abd4-451ca0a03a1e

HOUSTON — The Houston Police Department said an attorney who claimed to be representing the customer who shot and killed a man who robbed a southwest Houston restaurant last week reached out to them and said his client is ready to talk.

The incident happened just before 11:30 p.m. Thursday at Ranchito Taqueria on S. Gessner near Bellaire Boulevard.

HPD had been looking for the man who was seen on surveillance video shooting the robber. The man is not charged with a crime, but police said they wanted to talk to him to find out his side of the story.

snip

There are complaints that the man overdid it, shooting the perp 9 times, including once in the head, that he left the scene before police arrived, and the discovery after the fact that the perp was robbing the place with a fake gun.

I'm sure the story will get buried, but we will keep an eye out for updates. 

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Crime HPD: Robber shot, killed by customer at taqueria in SW Houston
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 07:49:28 AM »
Shootings that we think are justified can be treacherous legal territory. We’ll see what happens.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 11:08:25 AM »
Quote from: enslaved1

There are complaints that the man overdid it, shooting the perp 9 times, including once in the head, that he left the scene before police arrived, and the discovery after the fact that the perp was robbing the place with a fake gun.

I'm sure the story will get buried, but we will keep an eye out for updates.

Never bring a toy gun to a real gun fight.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 02:28:41 PM »
Sounds like the shooter needs some high cap and mags  :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 03:46:36 PM »
I got into some back and forth with a thug hugger who was trying to defend the robber and claimed the shooter was a coward.

He kept asking everyone on the thread why the shooter left so quickly if he thought what he did was right.

I finally answered him with; He was probably tired after working a long day at an honest job then having to take the trash out at the restaurant.

It was on one of the local news stations InstaGram threads.  The news station trashed all the posts. 

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 11:25:00 AM »
Shots fired, thief neutralized, loot recovered, now it's Miller time! :cheersmate:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 02:29:24 PM »
Shots fired, thief neutralized, loot recovered, now it's Miller time! :cheersmate:

Agreed!  And awards!  Cash rewards that represent a  tiny % of the $ this scum would have cost society in stolen merch, psych visits and incarceration.  Even a state-sponsored needle costs more than a cool million - I had a friend of a friend whose sole job was appeals for Death Row inmates in CA.  He got $650,000 fixed price per case WIN OR LOSE.  Kept him busy and ROLLING in $$$.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.