Author Topic: Avalanche of Media Outlets are Firing Staff or Shutting Down Completely  (Read 949 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Avalanche of Media Outlets are Firing Staff or Shutting Down Completely
https://www.dailyfetched.com/avalanche-of-media-outlets-are-firing-staff-or-shutting-down-completely/

More and more media outlets are firing staff or shutting down altogether as the economy under President Joe Biden continues to tank amid a huge public narrative shift.

One left-leaning outlet, The Recount, shut down entirely after receiving a whopping $34,000,000 from investors, which they can’t make back.

The outlet needed help finding a profitable business model.

Meanwhile, AMC network announced it was laying off a fifth of its staff. The layoffs at AMC Networks come at a time when several media companies, including Amazon and Facebook-parent Meta Platforms, are making deep cuts to their employee base to navigate a potential downturn in the economy, the Daily Mail noted.

Earlier this week, BuzzFeed announced it would be axing 12% of its workforce.

The news media is shrinking as layoff happen.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

Re: Avalanche of Media Outlets are Firing Staff or Shutting Down Completely
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 06:46:45 PM »
[DU] I blame Trump!!! [/DU]
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 10:42:35 PM »
Is the media checking what percentage of women are being fired by the media versus what percentage of men are being fired by the media?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 07:04:57 AM »
Is the media checking what percentage of women are being fired by the media versus what percentage of men are being fired by the media?

:stirpot:  :-)
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 08:05:08 AM »
I still say it's at least partly Trump's fault! :-) 7 1/2 years of Hate-Trump partisanship in the context of long-established general distrust for the "news" media and easy at-your-convenience access to news from myriad alternate and local news sources was sheer idiocy.

For example, https://freebeacon.com/media/washington-post-biden-fail/ . Because Trump is no longer in office, the WashPost has lost about 20% of its subscribers over the past 2 years. :-)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 12:57:22 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 01:22:42 PM »
I still say it's at least partly Trump's fault! :-) 7 1/2 years of Hate-Trump partisanship in the context of long-established general distrust for the "news" media and easy at-your-convenience access to news from myriad alternate and local news sources was sheer idiocy.

For example, https://freebeacon.com/media/washington-post-biden-fail/ . Because Trump is no longer in office, the WashPost has lost about 20% of its subscribers over the past 2 years. :-)

Agree completely. Trump fueled the leftist media and now that he's gone, there ain't no more money to be made.

Of course, if DeSantis were to be elected in 2024, the media will ramp up most ricky-tick. They gotsta have someone to hate and if it ain't Trump, it'll be whoever's in office.

Of course, with the moron GOPe running the show, I wouldn't bet on the Repubs doing anything but caving in to the left.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 02:01:11 PM »
They need to learn how to code  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 02:27:09 PM »
Of course, if DeSantis were to be elected in 2024, the media will ramp up most ricky-tick. They gotsta have someone to hate and if it ain't Trump, it'll be whoever's in office.

The MSM already have their Hate-DeSantis grist mill turning, but not at full speed or volume. They're POed that FL's Covid death rate is similar to NY's and lower than NJ's, despite handling Covid very differently. Abbott has a similar death-rate vs. handling issue in the MSM's eyes.

It doesn't take much foresight, but come late 2023 and to the end of primaries season, the MSM will dump hate and vitriol on any and every somewhat or better conservative candidate, and lionize some selected RINO they hope to propel to the R nomination (after which will come the hate and vitriol dump).

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 03:18:10 PM »
The MSM already have their Hate-DeSantis grist mill turning, but not at full speed or volume. They're POed that FL's Covid death rate is similar to NY's and lower than NJ's, despite handling Covid very differently. Abbott has a similar death-rate vs. handling issue in the MSM's eyes.

It doesn't take much foresight, but come late 2023 and to the end of primaries season, the MSM will dump hate and vitriol on any and every somewhat or better conservative candidate, and lionize some selected RINO they hope to propel to the R nomination (after which will come the hate and vitriol dump).

The lib-turd media has already been "downfield blocking" by slamming DeSantis at every opportunity. But yes, he or whomever becomes the early clubhouse leader of the Republican Party will be bashed and the vitriol will be ramped up just as much as their Trump Derangement Syndrome. I'm old enough to remember when liberals considered President George W. Bush "Hitler" on a daily basis. Their hate is transitory, the new favorite word in lib speak.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2022, 03:27:16 AM »
AMC the theater chain, or AMC the cable channel?
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2022, 09:59:50 AM »
They need to learn how to code  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :bird:

NPCs don't code: NPCs get coded...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2022, 12:42:21 PM »
AMC the theater chain, or AMC the cable channel?

From the link, it sounds as if they're referring to the AMC cable channel. Which is a separate entity from AMC theaters.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2022, 03:51:00 PM »

Yup. They did the same shit with McLame, but of course he was a RINO. The media loved him up until the point he started to have a chance. Yeah, McLame having selected Palin had a bit to do with it, but not as much as the media's hatred for anything other than communism.

Yeah, I can think of a few right off the bat. Thom Tillis, who is the most despised RINO at the moment, ditto for John Cornyn. Despicable turds who don't have a clue except how to drop from the aft end of an asshole.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2022, 04:36:57 PM »
My possibly flawed memory of the 2008 primary campaign is that the MSM basically resuscitated McCain's moribund campaign, and very soon after he had enough delegates to win the nomination the MSM started dumping on him. IOW, they set him up so they could knock him down.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2022, 05:17:36 PM »
My possibly flawed memory of the 2008 primary campaign is that the MSM basically resuscitated McCain's moribund campaign, and very soon after he had enough delegates to win the nomination the MSM started dumping on him. IOW, they set him up so they could knock him down.

Whatevs. The point is, the media loves to play both ends against the middle with the idea being to trash whoever the competition might be. Communism rules!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2022, 09:34:02 AM »
WaPo Staffers Erupt After Publisher Announces Layoffs At ‘Town Hall’
https://dailycaller.com/2022/12/14/wapo-staff-town-hall-fred-ryan-layoffs/

Staff at The Washington Post erupted Wednesday after publisher Fred Ryan refused to take questions from staff after announcing layoffs.

The Washington Post’s chief spokesperson Kathy Baird confirmed that an unspecified “number of positions will be eliminated.”

“We anticipate it will be a single digit percentage of our employee base, and we will finalize those plans over the coming weeks. This will not be a net reduction in Post headcount” Baird said.

The layoffs at WaPo are looking to commence soon.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2022, 09:20:08 PM »
I just love to see proggie on proggie carnage and mayhem.  :yahoo:

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2022, 09:43:26 PM »
LOL...  Instead of the reverse, WaPo is sweeping the big pile over to the little pile by thinking they're going to gain subscribers by showcasing Taylor Lorenz's drivel on the front-page.