Current Events > The DUmpster

A blind squirrel finds a nut

<< < (2/2)

Karin:

--- Quote from: Mary Ann on December 02, 2022, 01:21:50 PM ---https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217427609

I have pointed this out to a couple of my lib friends of FB. Their reaction is usually along the lines of "OMG." Like I'm really stupid, or something.

--- End quote ---

How do you react to OMG?  Remember when Jen Psaki said "that's absurd" about the effect of these sorts of taxes.   

Mary Ann:

--- Quote from: Karin on December 05, 2022, 08:18:04 AM ---How do you react to OMG?  Remember when Jen Psaki said "that's absurd" about the effect of these sorts of taxes.

--- End quote ---
There is no response to someone who refuses to acknowledge that anyone else can have a legitimate opinion. As my DH says, "Cesspools are gross, so you don't swim in them." Good advice. I stay away from FB "discussions."

SVPete:

--- Quote from: Karin on December 05, 2022, 08:18:04 AM ---How do you react to OMG?  Remember when Jen Psaki said "that's absurd" about the effect of these sorts of taxes.

--- End quote ---

Many people, when faced with a choice between facts and what they want to be true choose the latter and lash out at the messenger communicating facts. Shoot the messenger is a human thing so old that I'm sure it dates to the first humans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version