Author Topic: John Fetterman Is Just the Kind of Candidate the Democrats Want  (Read 744 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
John Fetterman Is Just the Kind of Candidate the Democrats Want
« on: October 27, 2022, 05:34:27 AM »
As far as punditry is concerned, I put Robert Spencer up there with bonchie and Ed Morrissey. I cut to the chase on this article, however, because I'm pretty sure we were all aghast at Uncle Fester's unbelievably poor showing at his "debate" with Oz for the PA senate election.

Beck also stated that the reason the Left wants Uncle Fester as a candidate, and to win, of course, is because he's a vote for the Left. Forget statesmanship, forget fiery oratory, forget probing questions of a judicial nominee, forget all that stuff you'd think a senator would do (besides preen for the cameras).

...maybe Fetterman’s cognitive difficulties don’t bother the Democrats at all. In fact, John Fetterman may be the Democrats’ dream candidate. The Senate, after all, long ago stopped being a place of great debates, where lawmakers were titans of oratory and actually sought to convince their colleagues of the correctness of their position. That sort of thing went out with Henry Clay and Daniel Webster. Nowadays there are a few senators who don’t always vote the party line, of course, but Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins and Mitt Romney and Joe Manchin appear to be more likely to be swayed by the appropriate combination of carrots and sticks rather than by persuasive rhetoric. What’s more, they are outliers. The party leaders don’t want people around who are liable to defect to the other camp, as similar as the two camps are today. They want good party people who will vote the way the leadership wants and not cause a lot of trouble.

In other words, John Fetterman doesn’t have to be able to speak. He doesn’t have to be able to understand arguments. He doesn’t even have to be able to form coherent thoughts. What John Fetterman has to be able to do is move, breathe, show up, and vote the way Chuck Schumer tells him to vote. That’s all. The Democrats haven’t pressured Fetterman to withdraw because they’re likely salivating at the prospect of having a man like him in the Senate: a reliable vote, a compliant party man, not someone who is even capable of stepping out of line and going off the reservation.

That’s why John Fetterman isn’t withdrawing from the race and, despite his disastrous performance Tuesday evening, could still win it. Those who vote for him aren’t voting for an eloquent spinner of aphorisms or someone who will find just the right words to turn back the Republicans’ arguments and dash all their hopes. They just want Fetterman in the Senate because he will be another vote for the Democrats’ agenda on each and every matter that ever comes before that once-august body without any exceptions whatsoever. If the Democrats could find a way to keep him voting after shuffling off this mortal coil, he would remain in the Senate even after death. For the Left, John Fetterman’s glaringly obvious impairment is not a bug, it’s a feature.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2022/10/26/john-fetterman-is-just-the-kind-of-candidate-the-democrats-want-n1640381
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: John Fetterman Is Just the Kind of Candidate the Democrats Want
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 05:40:16 AM »
Here's the icing on the proverbial delusional cake:

Fetterman: Debating Oz 'Wasn't Easy,' But I Still Have the Edge on Oz

In the land of Democrats, not speaking in complete sentences for an hour is considered a championship-worthy effort. Democrat John Fetterman and Republican Dr. Mehmet Oz faced off Tuesday during Pennsylvania’s only U.S. Senate election debate, which was brutal. It only lasted an hour, but the final 15 minutes showed the lengths Democrats would go to keep power in Washington. Fetterman is not well, but Democrats probably thought they could skate by due to his then-double-digit lead over Oz during the summer. Oz regrouped and attacked Fetterman’s radical public safety record, including releasing one-third of state prisoners and abolishing life sentences for murderers. The messaging resonated and chipped away at Fetterman’s lead with crime spiking.

It’s now a statistical tie, with the crime issue becoming more of a big-ticket item with voters since the Pennsylvania legislature is moving to impeach Philadelphia’s district attorney, Larry Krasner, whom Fetterman endorsed for re-election. Krasner is facing dereliction of duty charges over the spike in violent crime, especially firearm-related homicides.

Fetterman is already getting the best damage control from his liberal media allies, who blame everything from the debate format to the closed captioning system but gloss over the fact that the reason why the lieutenant governor fared so poorly in the debate is that he’s a stroke victim. So, why not pat himself on the back—he already had some of the state’s major papers issuing pre-written editorials about how he was victorious. He did acknowledge that debating Oz wasn’t easy—an understatement—but he feels he still holds the high ground (via Axios):

Democrat John Fetterman said Wednesday his performance at the Pennsylvania Senate debate the previous night "wasn't exactly easy," but he felt he still had the edge over Republican rival Mehmet Oz.

What he's saying: "I knew it wasn't going to be easy after having a stroke after five months," the 53-year-old lieutenant governor said at an event in Pittsburgh. "In fact, I don’t think that’s ever been done before in American political history."

"I may not get every word the right way. But I will always do the right thing in Washington, D.C," Fetterman said.

"I have a lot of good days and every now and then I'll have a bad day, but every day I will fight always just for you."
Let’s not beat around the bush here. The stroke victim cannot diagnose or grade himself over this shambolic debate performance. Fetterman isn’t healthy enough to be a U.S. Senator. He won’t release his health records; given his stroke status, he should. That doctor’s note claiming a good bill of health was neutered when Fetterman said, “Hi, good night, everybody.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/10/27/heres-fettermans-personal-take-on-his-debate-performance-with-oz-n2615086

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 05:41:22 AM »
A least the leftist scum are acknowledging Fetterman's incapacities, if only to browbeat the opposition for being discriminatory to the disabled. We're still waiting for that moment of "honesty" to crop up where #JoeThePedophile's late-stage dementia is concerned.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 06:34:33 AM »
A least the leftist scum are acknowledging Fetterman's incapacities, if only to browbeat the opposition for being discriminatory to the disabled. We're still waiting for that moment of "honesty" to crop up where #JoeThePedophile's late-stage dementia is concerned.

I think it's coming, but not till next year. That gives Kamala-toe options she wouldn't otherwise have -- like resign herself from the presidency about 2 nanoseconds after her nominating the new Dem-approved VP is approved by both houses of Congress, per the 25th Amendment. That ushers in the new Dem-approved VP who is even further to the left than she is -- Newsom, or even Comrade Cankles.

Of course, Kamala-toe might decide she likes all the fawning over and attention the president gets, and just may decide to finish out SharterJoe's reign of error, thus completing the destruction of this country -- far and away Barry's No. 1 objective in his 3rd term.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 05:52:50 AM »
Have Suit, Will Rubberstamp Every Twisted Piece Of Legislation His Staff & Wife Shove In Front Of Him.

https://www.westernjournal.com/fetterman-advisor-lashes-journalists-cant-ask-questions-senator-wont-understand/

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 10:00:21 AM »
Have Suit, Will Rubberstamp Every Twisted Piece Of Legislation His Staff & Wife Shove In Front Of Him.

https://www.westernjournal.com/fetterman-advisor-lashes-journalists-cant-ask-questions-senator-wont-understand/

One of two things is true:
  • Lurch is, and will be, truly incapable of executing office of one of two senators in the Commonwealth of Pennsyltucky.
OR
  • The people of Pennsyltucky are truly stupid in every possible way.

I think it's all of those, PLUS

The idiocy of those who gravitate toward Lurch's spouse says and does as if it's relevant.

News flash to Pennsyltuckians who flock toward that BS:

It's not.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2022, 11:32:07 AM »
I suspect Festerman (and by extention #JoeThePedophile) are the future of the communists in the Dim'Rat/Uni Party.

This is because the Deep Staters - the ones actually in control of the Dim'Rat/Uni Party - are coming out from behind the curtain, and sponge brains like Festerman and Gropey Joe are a signal that it doesn't matter who the voters put in office, because the Deep Staters are obviously the ones pulling the strings of these meat puppets now.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2022, 02:40:13 PM »
What John Fetterman has to be able to do is move, breathe, show up, and vote the way Chuck Schumer tells him to vote.

I heard some left-wing loon on YouTube say "If you think [Fetterman's condition] is gong to change the way he votes, you're an idiot". Well, no shit it's not going to change the way he votes. It's not going to change the way he votes because democrats are given to being in lockstep.