Current Events > The DUmpster

In a quandry here any advice will be welcome

(1/4) > >>

CC27:

--- Quote --- gibraltar72 (6,808 posts)

In a quandry here any advice will be welcome

as many of you know I am hard by Christian Nationalist Hillsdale College. My county is a mix of hard right Trumpers and Christo fascists. I am from the Democratic wing of the Democratic party. A Facebook group I belong to is made up of Dem leaning/ progressive people and largely a counterbalance to the hate spewed by the other county groups. Admins. recently held a meeting face to face asked us how we could do more good for community and share ideas. I fully intended to go though it would take a great deal of effort. I had a couple of ideas I thought would work. Chief among those was for members to fund a fellowship program for graduating seniors. I thought that would make a splash and let county know about the group and our goals. I suggested to apply they would submit a research paper on topic of their choice. I suggested Democracy, Womens rights, systemic racism, civil rights for all and voting rights for all. Reasoning that this would be a pushback against the racist intolerant ideas common around these parts. This was scheduled for Sat. in a local park.

Flash back to middle of week get a message that local Dem party has endorsed current Mayor of Hillsdale for reelection. Mayor is a supporter of forced birth, Christian Nationalism, guns for everyone, ending public education and said he didn't care how many died during Covid. Imagine my shock I actually went to our Dem Facebook page and found it was true. Mayors opponent is a joke and will probably get 10% of the vote. I protested that we had just condoned all these behaviors. Got a lot of pushback from current Dem officers saying crap about the alternative candidate was worse. I told them this was an own goal and to reconsider putting our stamp of approval on this. It kind of turned into a pissing contest on both sites. This wasn't my intent. Have since heard from someone much higher in Dem food chain nothing will improve from giving ground.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217196367
--- End quote ---

WTF is point of this BS??

67 Rover:

--- Quote from: CC27 on September 26, 2022, 01:04:32 PM ---WTF is point of this BS??

--- End quote ---

I am going with the most likely conclusion, that this DUmmie will be starting a Go fund me account because reasons.  :popcorn:

Drafe Hoblin:

--- Quote from: CC27 on September 26, 2022, 01:04:32 PM ---WTF is point of this BS??

--- End quote ---

Test-thread for a potential AOC dating-site.

SVPete:
Word salad with Virtue-Signal vinaigrette. Reading between the Hate-Epithetic-lines, I think it's whining that local Dems are insufficiently Prog and some/many don't sufficiently hate those they are supposed to hate.

Old n Grumpy:
My advice is move to Venezuela :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version