Current Events > The DUmpster

Been watching for 2 days, still nothing from the DUmpmonkies?

(1/6) > >>

Rebel:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-dakota-man-freed-50k-bond-fatally-striking-republican-extremist-car-records-show

Figures.

Texacon:
If you see anything posted about it, it will be; that guy was just claiming to be a democrat!  This was all a set up!!

KC

SVPete:

Ralph Wiggum:
It doesn't fit the leftist narrative, therefore it must be ignored.

See also:

Nevada Democrat kills journalist

Crazed leftist mows down the "Dancing Grannies" in Waukesha, Wisconsin

James Hodgkinson tries to murder Republican Congress members at a practice for the annual Congressional baseball game

These are one day stories, if that. Nothing to see here, according to the left/media.

Mary Ann:
Well, it finally got noticed at the DUmp:
https://democraticunderground.com/100217183475

Our friend, Sympthsical brings some sanity to the thread. I don't know how he has missed the ban-hammer for so long.

--- Quote ---Sympthsical (4,962 posts)

2. I've been observing the curious radio silence on this one

If the political affiliations were swapped around, is there any question it'd be everywhere immediately? A middle aged Republican killing a Democratic teenager over politics?

That would be a next day 48 hour Twitter storm and multiple articles about what it all means and how it confirms suspicions about what we think about violence on the Right. Jeff Tiedrich would snark about it.

Instead, everyone got very, very, very quiet when this came out on Sunday. I checked the MSM, because you'd think this would be a very big story after all that focus on dangerous partisanship a few weeks ago, and nothing was doing.

How did everyone weirdly and collectively decide to just sweep this one under the rug? It's curious.

Now it's coming out, because the Right has been absolutely raging for days about it in their spaces. But this story happened and was known all over the place five days ago. Did people get shamed into finally reporting about it?

The thing about caring about issues is, you prove you care when there is no perceptible personal benefit. If you only care because it's useful in the moment, that's not caring. That's exploiting.

Maybe something for people to think about.

Oh, and in case it's lost on anyone. The suspect is now free on absurdly low bond. Because I guess we weren't giving the Right enough talking points about crime. Imagine our reaction if the parties were swapped and the Republican walked free days after killing a teenager for being a Democrat.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version