Author Topic: Supreme Court blocks workplace vaccine requirements, allows requirement (trunc.)  (Read 597 times)

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
https://democraticunderground.com/10142852898

LetMyPeopleVote (104,640 posts)

Supreme Court blocks workplace vaccine requirements, allows requirement for health-care workers
Source: Washington Post

The Supreme Court on Thursday stopped the Biden administration’s vaccination-or-testing requirement on the nation’s largest employers, expressing doubt that there is legal authority for such a broad mandate.

But the court allowed a different policy, which requires vaccinations for most health-care workers at the facilities that receive Medicaid and Medicare funds.

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh were the only members of the court in the majority of both orders.

The White House said the order covered about 17 million health-care workers, while the requirement on large companies would have covered more than 80 million employees, about two-thirds of the American workforce

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-biden-vaccine-rules/2022/01/13/2e6e4b9e-749e-11ec-bc13-18891499c514_story.html

Star Member onecaliberal (22,074 posts)
1. This will make sure it keeps going.

**** the fascists.

Star Member Hekate (73,240 posts)
3. This country is so screwed

Star Member gab13by13 (6,809 posts)
5. Ah yes, our beloved Supreme Court,

Our fantastic SC allowed Trump to ban Muslims into the country because its reasoning was that a principal duty of a president is to protect the people from harm.

I guess protecting them from real harm and not perceived harm are 2 different things.

Trump didn't ban ALL muslims, just muslims from terrorist countries who wish to kill us.

Star Member dickthegrouch (2,734 posts)
6. I'll go there

****ING IDIOTS!!!!!
The public good far outweighs any possible “harm” from the mandates.

Star Member lapfog_1 (25,832 posts)
11. some number of thousands of people

wlll die in the next 8 weeks because of something that happened 5 years ago.

Liberal tears are delicious...

Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline ADsOutburst

5. Ah yes, our beloved Supreme Court,

Our fantastic SC allowed Trump to ban Muslims into the country because its reasoning was that a principal duty of a president is to protect the people from harm.

I guess protecting them from real harm and not perceived harm are 2 different things.

Ah yes, the famous """""""muslim ban""""""" that didn't affect, like, 90% of the world's muslims.

Offline Muddling 2

Trump didn't ban ALL muslims, just muslims from terrorist countries who wish to kill us.

Liberal tears are delicious...

I see the DUmp's resident Clerk-Typist is still pretending to understand legal issues.

She should have someone read the decision and explain it to her, preferably using small words and pictures.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DLR Pyro

If I'm not mistaken, the countries banned were a list carried over that originated in the obama administration.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Hmmmmmmm. No mention from the primitives that the whole thing was un-Constitutional. Just the typical anger of a Dem prez not getting their way 100% of the time all the time. You know, like a dictator.

No doubt fat, stupid, attorney Kyle is upset, which is a full acknowledgement that it was the right decision since he has no understanding of the law.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Star Member dickthegrouch (2,734 posts)
6. I'll go there

****ING IDIOTS!!!!!
The public good far outweighs any possible “harm” from the mandates.

Hmmm, would you mind repeating that in its original Russian?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
gab13by13

16. Those voter suppression/discrimination laws that the GQP has passed, which are being challenged in the courts by Marc Elias, anyone want to bet that this SC rules that states have an absolute right to run their own elections?

You mean like the 10th Amendment says? Color me shocked that a leftist would completely disregard any portion of the Bill of Rights.

Offline ADsOutburst

1. This will make sure it keeps going.

**** the fascists.

From your lips to the court's ears!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
From your lips to the court's ears!

I actually agree with the DUmbass except the fascists are the people they support. They're just too blind, deaf and dumb to realise this fact.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

does this mean that anyone who was fired for non vaccination compliance will get reinstated?

...with back pay?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

My understanding is that the mandate cannot be enforced while it is wending its way through the courts. Suffice it to say that the ruling does not bode well for the mandate should the lower courts uphold it and the mandate gets appealed to the USSC (which it probably will be, regardless of the lower courts' rulings).

If the mandate was never in force this ruling would not affect employees whose employers, on their own accord, imposed mandatory vax on their employees. It might persuade such employers to consider greater flexibility.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Given the current job market, I would think that employers who tried to impose the vax on its employees might find themselves at a disadvantage to those employers who didn’t. I suppose the exception would be if you had an employee who wants their employer to be authoritarian, but I’m guessing that’s the exception to the rule.

Offline ADsOutburst

Amazing how they think the federal government can administrate COVID into non-existence.

Offline 67 Rover

Amazing how they think the federal government can administrate COVID into non-existence.

Just needs more money thrown at it is all.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?

When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.  The Left, especially the moonbats who don't want to think for themselves and the proggies who believe they know exactly what everyone should be thinking, worship at the altar of Almighty Government, and hold firm that with enough faith and donations (voluntary or forced), their deity will answer all their prayers. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.

That's because the Feds and the people that support them are too stupid to realize that covid, in one variant or another, is with us forever now and will not be eradicated completely. As with the flu, yearly booster shots for the latest covid variant are hear to stay.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe