Author Topic: Dummies pontificate about Huma Abedin  (Read 635 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Dummies pontificate about Huma Abedin
« on: October 27, 2021, 10:23:32 AM »
Star Member PJMcK (16,305 posts)

A thought about Huma Abedin

In her new book, she relates a repressed memory of being sexually assaulted by a sitting Senator. She doesn’t name him and she leaves enough details out of the recollection to make an identification of the offender nearly impossible.

Ms. Abedin tells this story, I believe, to demonstrate how women can repress unpleasant or even dangerous memories that can then resurface when a trigger revives the past event. Incidentally, I suspect that men are susceptible to similar memory issues.

Perhaps Ms. Abedin’s assaulter was a Democratic Senator. After all, she says she accepted an invitation to his apartment for coffee. Would Ms. Abedin really go to the apartment of any Republican?! (She relates that the Senator apologized several days after the incident; would any Republican do that?) I think she wanted to illustrate how the Kavenaugh SCOTUS hearings revived those ugly memories and lend support to Dr. Blasey Ford and Kavenaugh’s other accusers’ statements.

It’s a strange story and although I admire Ms. Humedin and respect her willingness to tell of her experience, this seems like an odd time to make such a vague allegation. Clearly, she didn’t want to publicly malign her attacker. Why now?

"Repressed memory" my ever-lengthening balls. She's out of the news cycle, so she wrote a book to try to make herself relevant again.

If the "sitting Senator" who assaulted her was a Republican, she'd have howled it from the rooftops. This either didn't happen, or Hillary herself cornered her in a ladies room for a little taste of what she'd been missing since Bill had Vince Foster suicided.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Dummies pontificate about Huma Abedin
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 11:03:55 AM »
In her new book, she relates a repressed memory of being sexually assaulted by a sitting Senator. She doesn’t name him
Hillary was a Senator. fits the bill.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 11:16:42 AM »
If she means a currently sitting Senator then Chuck would be the first suspect.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 11:18:04 AM »
Harry Reid around the time he mysteriously showed up with a Black eye.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 11:25:35 AM »
Hillary was a Senator. fits the bill.

Heard an interview of her on a conservative show and she talked glowingly about the first time she met Cankles, and sounded like a giddy schoolgirl.  Something like "she was so gorgeous and surprisingly cute and little."
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 11:26:01 AM »
As best I can tell from W'pedia, Abedin has been a close associate of HilLIARy's since being a WH intern while in college. So, if this assault actually happened, HilLIARy would be a prime suspect, Chuckles second in line, and all but certainly not an R (+/- that double turncoat, Arlen Specter).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 04:41:24 PM »
Could it have been gropey biden?

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 04:47:56 PM »
Could it have been gropey biden?

#JoeThePedophile's preferred target profile is typically a lot younger...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 05:48:32 PM »
Ted Kennedy?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 06:08:55 PM »
Ted Kennedy?

Waitress sandwich anyone?

One night three decades ago, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy. D-Mass., and his admiring protege Sen. Christopher J. Dodd, D-Conn., reportedly took their dates to a fancy Washington, D.C., restaurant, La Brasserie. Plenty of alcohol had been consumed.

When the meal was coming to an end, the two women accompanying the senators repaired to the ladies' room. A waitress, Carla Gaviglio, was summoned to the private dining room by two members of the world's most deliberative body.

In a lightning strike, Kennedy allegedly picked up Gaviglio and threw her on the table, knocking plates and other items to the floor. He reportedly lifted her up again and put her on top of Dodd, who was seated in a chair. Kennedy then engaged in an attack that continued until another employee entered the room and joined Gaviglio in screaming, causing others to enter the room.

Oh, those high-spirited U.S. senators. They had gone out on the town in our nation's capital and created a new dish, the waitress sandwich. Why does anyone wonder why the victims of such attacks remain silent for so long? The power is all on one side. Few were inclined 30 years ago to call what happened that night an assault. Certainly no one was going to be punished. Instead, it was given a name to turn it into a joke.

Kennedy and Dodd would each be elected to four more terms in the Senate. They would be hailed as champions of liberal causes. Kennedy's informal title became Lion of the Senate. After Kennedy's 2009 death, the taxpayers were put on the hook for $32 million (inserted into a defense funding bill) to help fund the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the U.S. Senate in Boston. There's a replica of the U.S. Senate chamber, but none of that private La Brasserie dining room.

https://www.courant.com/opinion/op-ed/hc-op-rennie-dodd-kennedy-waitress-sandwich-1119-20171115-column.html

Offline Delmar

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 06:57:26 PM »
#JoeThePedophile's preferred target profile is typically a lot younger...

Tara Reade suggests the possibility, at least.

I was considering it from a different angle though.

Obviously not a republican or we'd have heard about it. So given that it's a dem and something was said out loud about it, whos bow was this a shot across?

Subtle threat to manchin?

With these clowns, there really is no limit, no depth to which they will not sink.

Literally.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2021, 07:32:13 PM »
Tara Reade suggests the possibility, at least.

I was considering it from a different angle though.

Obviously not a republican or we'd have heard about it. So given that it's a dem and something was said out loud about it, whos bow was this a shot across?

Subtle threat to manchin?

With these clowns, there really is no limit, no depth to which they will not sink.

Literally.

Not a bad conspiracy theory, but Manchin was only elected to the Senate in 2010.  Huma started hanging around her before that.

A few options here to speculate upon, since it clearly had to be a Democrat considering she won't say who it was.

Dingy Harry Reid

Wisconsin lib Russ Feingold

Roland Burris (slimeball - Illinois)

Dick "Turban" Durbin

Tom Harkin

A little grist for the rumor mill... :popcorn:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 08:10:08 AM »
Ted Kennedy?

Since the assault supposedly happened in 2005, Teddy the Snorkeled Satyr would be a possibility.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 12:10:36 PM »
A thought about Huma Abedin

She looks like AOC's horse-faced sister?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.