Author Topic: Judge Demands Pastor Only Repeat Govt Views on Pandemic.  (Read 280 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Judge Demands Pastor Only Repeat Govt Views on Pandemic.
« on: October 17, 2021, 03:56:39 PM »
https://conservativebrief.com/defiant-canadian-pastor-52938/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=DJD
Defiant Canadian Pastor Says He ‘Will Not Obey’ Judge’s Order to Parrot ‘Medical Experts’
A Polish-Canadian pastor jailed for conducting church services in Calgary, Alberta, in violation of COVID-19 restrictions is now saying he won’t comply with a judge’s order that he repeats what amounts to establishment views of medical experts regarding the virus.

Pastor Artur Pawlowski was handed the order by Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Adam Germain and was also given 18 months of probation during sentencing on Friday, Fox News reported.

“The ruling is the latest development in Alberta’s ongoing legal battle against Pawlowski, who faced a civil contempt charge for holding church services in violation of a court order forbidding organizing, promoting or attending an ‘illegal public gathering,'” the network noted.
Advertisement

“He faced another contempt charge for repeatedly ejecting armed officials attempting to inspect his sanctuary for COVID-19 compliance, for which he first drew international attention,” Fox News added.

In his order, Germain, who also expressed contempt for Pawlowski’s airing of his grievances during appearances in the United States, specified what he expected of the pastor.

“Pastor Pawlowski oozes hubris, while relishing in his notoriety,” he noted in his ruling, adding that would not follow prosecutors’ lead in leveling jail time for Pawlowski because serving the 21-day sentence “would be a slap on the wrist that will make him a martyr.”

“The final term of his probation order will be that when he is exercising his right of free speech and speaking against [Alberta Health Services] Health Orders and AHS health recommendations, in a public gathering or public forum (including electronic social media), he must indicate in his communications the following,” the judge wrote, going on to add a script for Pawlowski to read and follow even during his sermons.

“I am also aware that the views I am expressing to you on this occasion may not be views held by the majority of medical experts in Alberta. While I may disagree with them, I am obliged to inform you that the majority of medical experts favour social distancing, mask-wearing, and avoiding large crowds to reduce the spread of COVID-19,” the script says.

“Most medical experts also support participation in a vaccination program unless for a valid religious or medical reason you cannot be vaccinated. Vaccinations have been shown statistically to save lives and to reduce the severity of COVID-19 symptoms,” it adds.

In a follow-up interview with Fox News, Pawlowski bashed the judge and his sanction, which he describes as “unconstitutional,” “illegal,” and akin to “compelled speech like in China and North Korea.”
Advertisement

“This crooked judge wants to turn me into a CBC reporter or CNN reporter, that every time that I am in public, every time I’m opening my mouth, I am to pray their mantra to the government,” the pastor said.

He also said Germain’s order is totally “without precedent” throughout Canada, an opinion shared by his attorney, Sarah Miller, who called the order “bizarre” and “likely unconstitutional” under Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which she said guarantees the freedom of expression.

“This is totally and wholly new as far as sentencing goes, as far as I can see or as far as I am familiar with,” Miller added in an interview with Fox News. “I’ve never heard of any kind of probationary period which includes conditions that compelled certain speech. It seems highly unusual and rare.”

Pawlowski added: “When I grew up under the boots of the Soviets, the courts like this were called ‘show courts.’ “It was to show that the government can do with you whatever they want, and there is nothing you can do about it. And it’s just to scare the public, telling you, ‘See, we can finish off anyone we want.’ They’re terrified of the truth.

“I’m not hiding. I’m not a criminal. I said I will not obey this court order. I refuse to obey a crooked judge’s order. He’s not a judge, he’s a political activist,” he said.

The Left seems threatened by freedom of speech and freedom of worship.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Judge Demands Pastor Only Repeat Govt Views on Pandemic.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 07:14:49 PM »
Pawlowski has balls of steel. Much to be admired in that man.

It's a rotten damn shame that he's in Canada. The Canadians don't have the same rights we do -- well, that we USED to have.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.