Author Topic: Should It Happen? NanceGreggs  (Read 471 times)

Online CC27

Should It Happen? NanceGreggs
« on: September 23, 2021, 07:43:14 AM »
NanceGreggs (26,398 posts)

Should It Happen?

A growing number of US hospitals are being overwhelmed by having to treat Covid patients who chose to be unvaccinated, and therefore lack the resources to treat patients with other medical emergencies that require immediate care.

People are dying as a result. People who could have been saved were hospital beds available, along with the availability of doctors and nurses to treat them - medical personnel who are instead caring for those who brought their own fate upon themselves.

The "cure" for this situation is obvious: unvaccinated Covid patients should be turned away from hospitals, so that patients who didn't jeopardize themselves, their families, and their communities have full access to the medical treatment they require.

This may seem a heartless approach - but how heartless is it for someone who claimed being unvaccinated was a "personal choice", knowing full well that choice could mean death for others?

The facts are out there. The stats are out there. And those who continue to ignore and/or dismiss them in the name of "personal freedom" are literally killing people on a daily basis - those they've directly infected, and those who are dying for lack of medical care.

Watching hospitals treating the willingly unvaxxed while turning away people in dire need of treatment is like watching random shooters armed with assault weapons being treated for self-inflicted wounds - while their victims bleed-out in the parking lot.

Feel free to lecture me about my lack of human compassion - but any sympathy I might have felt for the willfully ignorant died the minute they were given a hospital bed that should have been given to someone who didn't think their "personal free-dumbs" included killing their fellow citizens.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215885877

You are a good little nazi.

Offline SVPete

Re: Should It Happen? NanceGreggs
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 08:48:48 AM »
NanceGreggs (26,398 posts)
A growing number of US hospitals are being overwhelmed by having to treat Covid patients who chose to be unvaccinated ...

False premise, unsurprisingly. Per the daily new cases and deaths charts here, new cases have been declining for 3-4 weeks, and deaths have also been declining for a week or two. The peak of the daily deaths in the now declining surge were about half what they were in the winter surge. That is a strong indicator that hospitalizations that occupied rooms in the current surge have been significantly fewer than what was handled during the winter surge.

Given her false premise, the rest of Nance's word salad rant has little meaning, other than as displays of her ignorance, hatred, and amorality/immorality. Also unsurprisingly. Thankfully, most medical people are too ethical to engage in what Nance suggests (the few who are not are the ones who get MSM attention, while the ones who are ethical remain invisible).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 09:57:39 AM »
The "cure" for this situation is obvious: unvaccinated Covid patients should be turned away from hospitals, so that patients who didn't jeopardize themselves, their families, and their communities have full access to the medical treatment they require.

does this include the large number of people of color who have not gotten vaccinated yet because they don't trust the government or just the evil white "Trumpers"?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 10:11:07 AM »
Of course, DU ignoring obvious flaws in their own arguments. First of all, people in the medical profession probably treat people who are victims of nothing but their own foolish decisions all the time. Second, if you're actually concerned about the spread of the disease, then turning away critically ill patients and sending them back into the world is probably not the best idea.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 11:09:35 AM »
Of course, DU ignoring obvious flaws in their own arguments. First of all, people in the medical profession probably treat people who are victims of nothing but their own foolish decisions all the time. Second, if you're actually concerned about the spread of the disease, then turning away critically ill patients and sending them back into the world is probably not the best idea.

:hi5: earned and issued.

One of the unobvious flaw in NanceGreggs' false premise is that a small but significant % of "hospitalizations", currently, are admissions for brief observation and maybe prescribing a medication to reduce symptoms. This was done with the son (under age 10) of a family friend, and I've seen comments in news reports about this practice. I do not think there's any agenda in the practice - though it is used by people with an agenda - but it makes admissions rates seem worse than it really is. The boy I mentioned did have symptoms when he was admitted and released, but is now doing fine, bouncing off walls at his normal rate.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 11:15:12 AM »
Now do gay men that unprotected sex.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 11:20:14 AM »
does this include the large number of people of color who have not gotten vaccinated yet because they don't trust the government or just the evil white "Trumpers"?

Facts don't matter.  The narrative is the most important thing, which is to blame hicksville toothless flyover country Trump supporters rather than the Black/Hispanics who are refusing the vaccinations en masse.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 05:14:45 PM »

Then all these seriously ill people start spending their time wandering around Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or wherever Democrats like to spend their welfare money.