Current Events > The DUmpster

I was exposed to Covid this week through work.

(1/3) > >>

dutch508:

--- Quote ---crimsonandclover (57 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215885102

I was exposed to Covid this week through work.

I am fully Vaxxed.

Work said don't quarantine.

I work for a home agency that takes care of the aged. One of the workers that I relieved had it, still had antibodies and treated herself with Ivermectin. The agency won't tell me who it was due to legal issues and said I was exposed no more than 10 minutes at the most. The other care giver was masked.

I think it was bullshit they are just now disclosing this and they still allow unvaxxed people to work as caregivers. I also don't buy that they can't disclose who it was so I can recall my interaction with her

This agency begs people to come to work for them. It is national and they can't get enough caregivers to cover all the shifts they have. I have an attorney on speed dial.
--- End quote ---

:yawn:

--- Quote ---Tetrachloride (759 posts)

1. Go get a PCR immediately. Quarantine yourself for 1-2 days if you have to pay for the test, make the company pay for it immediately. Don’t come to work until they do, assuming you are owed.
--- End quote ---

:thatsright:

--- Quote ---Star Member Haggard Celine (13,547 posts)

3. Unvaxed people should not be caregivers, especially of the aged and others who are immune compromised. This is bullshit! I have a feeling you're going to need that attorney.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Star Member elias7 (2,877 posts)

6. You have a right to know who exposed you and in what manner

A home agency that works with the elderly should absolutely be 100% vaxxed, and those being cared for and those interacting (like yourself) with non-vaxxed individuals have an absolute right to know what their exposure has been. This is not a HIPAA violation since no health care professional is divulging info about one of their patients.

You have every right to be pissed and the company you’re working for is not being responsible. But it’s not like it’s a life or death issue….
--- End quote ---

:bs:

--- Quote ---Star Member totodeinhere (12,373 posts)

7. If you are fully vaccianted and were wearing a mask, I don't think that ten minutes

of exposure is much to worry about. Of course you should take all of the prescribed precautions, but don't stress over it.
--- End quote ---

:whatever:

DLR Pyro:
If you are vaccinated,   what's the problem?

thundley4:

--- Quote ---Tetrachloride (759 posts)

1. Go get a PCR immediately. Quarantine yourself for 1-2 days if you have to pay for the test, make the company pay for it immediately. Don’t come to work until they do, assuming you are owed.
--- End quote ---

PCR tests are unreliable and give more false positives than true results.

freedumb2003b:

--- Quote from: DLR Pyro on September 22, 2021, 08:33:08 PM ---If you are vaccinated,   what's the problem?

--- End quote ---

That is my question. And if you are masked then why does another person unmasked present a problem?

landofconfusion80:
Shouldn't most of us unvaccinated be dead by now according to their numbers and infection rates?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version